Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 133 reviews matching the search See all 16,608 reviews
It is a very busy and competitive environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2020
Aramark has a very busy and competitive environment. As a cashier, I have to prepare food as well as deal with the transaction. There are peak times where there will be large line up and as a cashier, it is my responsibility to finish the line as quick as possible.
Great work environment, lots of fun, management are very understandable
Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2020
awesome company to work for ive been here for 5 years now. I would absolutely reccomend to anyone looking to find some extra cash during baseball season!
Good Summer Job
Concessions Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2019
I worked here in the summer of 2016 as a temp worker through a job agency. I was assigned some minor tasks, such as a concessions stand attendant, and condiments stand attendant. Overall I found it to be a good first job for me.
rewarding and high energy environment to work and progress
Cash Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2019
Good Job - i would recommend to a friend if intrested. Very limited work life balance however , Great management . Left only to dvance career.Good place to start.
its Fun place to work at Aramark.
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2019
My review is it a good place to work at the management is friendly you work as a team and help each other out and the client are really nice to work for.
Great culture
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2019
everyone is very supportive and nice. good work life balance, very few working long hours except for one or two days during month end. rotational experiences are possible.
Soul Killer
Chef/Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2019
Terrible on-boarding process. There is on-line training but it doesn't pertain to actual job. If you are having trouble with one of the systems in place you will need to call 1-800 numbers and be on hold for most of the day. Many of the systems they have in place are enormous time and energy wasters. Prepare for a lot of unnecessary and redundant office work.
As a manager is it almost impossible to deal with difficult employees. They are so worried about someone taking legal action that you will suffer with the same "bad seed" for ever despite due diligence and following all company protocol. My staff used to joke that they could do anything and not get fired. If you're passionate about making a difference where you work, don't work here. You'll be frustrated to tears.
Oh....and the benefits are lousy!
Great company
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2019
Amazing company to work for . I would recommend it to anyone who’s trying to advance their career . The staff and the managers are friendly and helpful.
A busy autonomous environment allowing changes and improvements
Senior Director Finance, Systems & Controls (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2019
Had the opportunity to improve processes and help to drive revenue. A lot of opportunity to connect with folks in the industry. Supportive of volunteerism and community events.
Event Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2019
Rewarding place to work lots of things to.learn great management nothing really bad to nice perks good food free donuts on Sunday always busy lots of walking
50/50 cooking and filling out paperwork about fridge temperatures, HACCP logs and waste logs
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2019
The company feeds on people who have been indoctrinated into believing that there is no work outside of Aramark. If you kiss enough butt, continue to do things that don't make any sense in the real world but are "by the book" you too can one day become a manager or regional manager who makes far less than market average.

Day to day is spent scrambling due to short staffing and seeing your coworkers tears as they have more and more work lumped onto them as the manager on duty is busy on the phone talking high school musical drama with the next sucker up the chain. Hiring manager seeks new Canadians with limited English so that they will accept PT rather than FT (less $, benefits and guaranteed hours) not knowing any better.

Their entire margin in food services is at the cost of quality of food and the quality of life granted by the small wages paid to the entry level workers. Aramark has refined exploitation down to an absolute science.
Good employer
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2019
Aramark is very good well-known food catering company that looks out for its employees. Perfect pay, benefits and free food. I also get to move up there.
Fun work place
GENERAL LABOURER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2019
The hours weren't the best, but there is job security. Where I was placed, there wasn't much room for career advancement. It's a good place to start but ultimately not suitable for a long term career choice.
Reliable work
Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2019
Aramark has many different aces where the place staff. Working with them at the stadium for the past 6 years has been interesting. I have seen management change and grow in many ways. The shifts are flexible at my location so tou get hours especially if you can work until the end of season. The pay started off fine because it was above minimum, it is slowly being caught up to. Overall it is a neat environment to work in and they do train you.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management sometimes
Friendly staff but management lacks communication with workers
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2019
I liked my job until just recently. The company is moving to a new building and my position will most likely be eliminated. I was given no warning of this before their big announcement and then they preceded to cut my hours and pay to a point I have no choice but to seek employment elsewhere. I have felt all along that the support and training were very sparse and lacking. Most times I am left to figure things out for myself unless I specifically ask for help because I just don't understand something.
Pros
good friendly people to work with
Cons
little to no support, training or meetings to keep staff informed
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2019
Managers were always arguing with each other and would also argue and make a big scene with the supervisors in front of the customers. There were many complaints to HR from the employees because of the managers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Make you over work with no break
productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2019
Aramark is a productive place they are always working the people are great and they are all easy to get along with. My mother works there. When i did volunteering with them i had a positive expierence
Positive workplace, horrible Managers
Runner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2019
Aramark has far to many employees and fails to give anyone a reasonable amount of hours. The Manager I worked for had trouble remembering me everytime we spoke.
Pros
Lunch, Good people.
Cons
Bad Management, Lack of hours.
Good rapport relationship between the employee and the employer
Custodial services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2019
I dont have any issues in working with pople in a fast pace,I'm willing to earned and willing to work with other people in that way I gain more knowledge
Pros
During break time willing to interact with other to be more productive
Cons
Know worries in working long hours
Fun place to work
Beer Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2019
Pros: Energetic place to work. Very fast paced. Meet lots of interesting people. Flexible hours. Good seasonal job.

Cons: Management is not always consistent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K