Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

Kitchener, ON4 reviews
The building I work in is very busy. Other staff is very friendly and helpful. Good company to work for if you are able to work as a team player. Very flexible and will work around appointments.
I felt that the employees were not being treated right. Management had favorites. Supervisor was a bully and always criticized never really complimenting. Had enough and quit.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
everything else
was a great place too work for the years I was there . then too many people in charge of things they tell you to do one thing and then the next day it always seems to change
Pros
payed holidays and sick days
Cons
hire mangment got a little out of hand
A typical day at work starts really early. You have to be there by six in the morning to open the cafeteria. Starting the coffee setting out all the condiments and plastic cutlery. Preparing the tills for the day, setting up the prepackaged snack racks and making sure your surroundings are clean and neat. Through out the day your to make sure there are no unsightly messes and keep everything stocked, deal with customer complaints and requests with a smile and respect and be courteous. If you cannot answer one of their questions kindly and politely redirect them to someone who can. Switching from Breakfast to lunch hour but taking away all the breakfast items and making room for the lunch items. Cleaning up spills from the morning rush and just fixing little things that seem out of place. After lunch you must count the tills and just make sure things are clean and in the right place until about three in the afternoon which is beginning of closing, where you return all the racks to the storage area wash the coffee pots, lock all the fridges and freezers and shut off the lights and lock the doors.I learned Mostly how to work fast and effectively and how to deal with a customers complains and make people happy, and to always give service with a smile and kindness.Management was great. My boss and I had a great relationship while staying professional. He taught me a lot about how to be a great employee and that even the littlest things count. He was professional and new how to make customers happy. My co-workers were always there if I had a question in the beginning and where - more...
Pros
free breakfast and lunch and drinks. great co workers and management. weekends off.
Cons
long days