Aramark
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Aramark Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB114 reviews
A typical day for me is:
clock in go up to my portable, counting of the beer and pop. Make sure all the counts are accurate. Set up cash register- count money to make sure it is all there. Wipe down the stand and get ready for customers. I have 2 cooks who prepare the food. They are great people to work for. Sometimes we get very busy. The only way to handle this is to keep calm and happy and process the orders as best as you can.The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. They have great sense of humour. Lots of fun.
With so many different divisions and job sites, it is hard to rate this company as a whole. I though, always loved my job here. You know it's a good company when after ten years with them you still do not have anything bad to say.
Pros
Work life balanc
Cons
I learned to work in a fast-paced environment and some social skills. The place was clean, management was extremely good. The hard part was working in a fast-pace. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the different coworkers.
I enjoy working at Rogers Place, the culture is friendly yet professionalism is very important.
I have learned how to work in a fast paced environment.
Horrible place to work , the boss is a bigot and despises white people. The benefits are mandatory . And the people are very rude . You don't need any skills to work here . It's a horrible job .
early start meet lots of people from different back rounds very diverse but everyone pulls the team together. The hardest part is there is not enough people to do all the task at hand.
Fair but worked event at rogers place. Inconsistent hours, hard to count on a given income. Between 2 to 6 shifts per week depending on concerts and hockey schedual.
Just be you and work hard and the rewards come. And your hard work is noticed and you get feed back which is awesome. The staff are great teachers, the company may seem very strict but is shows in the employees and management that its worth the rules being followed and that you go by company standards.
it is a great environment especially for students, friendly people and management is very understanding. They sell decent food in the crew room for only $5.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aramark?
Learned so much working for this company. Really grew as a person and as a Chef. Worked under an amazing Chef/Mentor who taught me
So much and took the time to teach and really push me to challenge myself. Will never forget that part of my Life or the people, Chefs/co-workers I met along the way. Would go back in a heart beat.
It’s an ok ish place.. maybe it was just the head honchos but they weren’t very friendly

Nothing fancy.. multi facet company.. not one I would go back too
Was a great place to work.Great staff .
Great hours.

Learned a lot.Would recomend this company..

Please check out a job there.

I totally enjoyed working there.Very good training and organized.
Management is great, coworkers are awesome. The interview process was in a group setting with about 4+ other candidates and 1 interviewer. Working with the company is great I really enjoy it.
Poor management
Poor environment

Heavy working and heavy lifting

Not respect for staffs and the only thinks they care just saving the money

Really sorry for Canada to let growth this company
Fast paced
Always on your feet

Customer oriented

Fun and energetic enviroment

Made me feel like my co workers are like family considering how much time we spend together during hockey season.

Almost need another job to secure living and making sure bills are paid on time, but overall ive been working there since they opened and I would never quit.

The hardest part of the job is trying to follow protocol and ensuring the safety of patrons and being able to tell when enough is enough for any intoxicated person in the facilities.
everyone is friendly.
safe location.

managed well.

safety oriented company.

happy workplace.
This company staffs the biggest bunch of corporate slave drivers. The lower management team feels the sting of corporate neglect. They offer little support for their smaller locations, and then heavily criticize and discipline during annual visits. Combined with the low pay and the feeling that you will never amount to a higher position or pay leaves you anxious and angry at the end of a work day.
Pros
Free pop
Cons
Low pay, rude management, lack of managerial support
Since I start work with Aramark I learn a lot of things communicate with co-workers, manager, supervisor with the other stuff and also some co-workers are very experienced workers so I learn from them a lot... I'm hard worker!
the job is easy to do but just a lot of constant movement. Its highly organized so the jib is comfortable not just for veteran employees but also fo the newly employed
It was great! They took me in as a beginner having no work experience in the kitchen, employees were very hard working and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to work with them.
I enjoyed being a member of the Aramark team. There are many different sites to work at and the ability to use your creative skills is encouraged. All in all, an ace of an employer.
Pros
Free food, coffee
Cons
Summer and winter layoffs.