Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 50 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,433 reviews

Productive workplace

Practical, fast and collaborative employees are welcome at Aramark. The workplace is good and you can make your journey more flexible. You can have meals in the restaurant and they are really tasty.

Great teamwork -Management very supportive

The past few months have been busy but having a supportive team to work with is what got us through- being a EVS and Laundry Supervisor working and developing my team and hiring the right people is the key to success!! I love my job and each day is a new experience.If I can help one person and learn something new! Then it’s a great day!

Pros

Too many to say !

Cons

Wish we had more perks - personal days etc.

Alright place to work

Aramark was a nice place to work, but I quit due to my manager and her boss who didnt seem to take it very seriously, I've never been that disgusted with a company's job, plus the things my manager would discuss with us about her personal life was really not work related nor appropriate for the work place

good compnay

its a good company fair and square...and the job is not stressful and the manager she treat as a family...even the co worker they are goo too...and especially for the cleanliness

Not a good company at all to work for ... they definitely need need management

You work you butt off and not appreciate at all ... I do not recommend this company... you are not treated very well ...I had a manger yell at me and basically saying I didn’t do my job at all ... I think she needs to be replaced ... just saying !!!!

Work with People and Food

Lunch is provided by the company in a very low price. Worked with franchise fast food stores and catering team everyday was challenging and fun. Get to know more about supply/ storage management and sales report.

Love working with my fellow co-workers and interacting with residence and management.

Same daily work routine, interact with residence, enjoy working with fellow staff and coordinating with management to get work done. The hardest part of my job is knowing that residence will come and go, and the best part is making their day by talking to them and helping them if they need anything and be sure that their rooms get cleaned everyday.

Terrible company

Work you to your bones & doesn’t care about employees & their families terrible pay no benifits management gets everything all the bells & whistles

an ok place to work

this was a ok place to work, shift can vary or be structured and most staff are good to work with. If you work in office buildings you get stat days off.

Poor management

Very poor management. Worse people running the refreshment division who has no management skills at all. But some employee were amazing. Very helpful

Pros

Easy work

Great people

Excellent place to work and learn new things. The management is the best and one is always welcomed whether it is a staff or an employee. Got to learn many new ways of working.

Great people and company

Excellent management with best culture at workplace and most welcoming environment for the staff and employees working there. I learned a lot about cashier'job and data entry at this oplace.

High quality meals .

Very stimulant and friendly environment . Health conscious personnel .Staff is well treated and respected . Positive overall approach . Great customer service also .

Workplace Culture

Overly Aramark says front line first, but they give low wages, health benefits that are low and they will always work you shortage of staffed. Management want so much paper work done in a day without any staff to look over the customers and paperwork at the same time.

Pros

benifits

Cons

cheep benifits

fun workplace and great co workers

My co workers were all friendly and workplace is good. Management were very understanding ,and give me a flexible schedule even though I worked part time only. I gain a lot of experienced and many friends while working with Aramark.

Pros

free meal up to maximum of $12.00/day

Cons

deducted $3.00 every day on our salary

fun workplace with a great management

I used to work for aramark its a great company, I learned a lot from there, the management and the peoples was great, but i had to change my job because I moved and it was far my house from my workplace.

Fair workplace if you are working with good coworkers

When they fired and hired new supervisors and assistant manager, the transition wasn't easy. Especially when they hired more and more lazy staff, I was exhausted each time after work.

Not great management

Management did not meet staff's needs. Many staff members (temp) left upset and they were disorganized and unprofessional with the team. The staff was not appreciated or respected. The functions were straightforward but the way the staff was given a task or corrected was unprofessional. The work was consistent but the breaks and general set up of functions was disorganized. They also wasted a lot of food. It was a disappointing place to be employed.

Pros

Temp work

enjoyable

Walk in set up counter Set tickets and other items on counter Serve guest rushing to and from catching the C-Train. Some shifts were closing all good though. Seen management maybe on pay day other then that not at all. When 2 peace officers were beaten' in front of me. Cashing out a night the punks banging on doors trying to intimidate me. Getting the smile and appreciation when helping them to where to catch the next train.

Fun And Challenging

Great working environment : clean and functional . Supportive co - workers that help each other . Superiors are part of the workload, they help . Responsibilities are given to the desired worker .

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Early shifts and long hours

Best place to work if you are brown

Best place to work here if you are indian sri-lankan or pakistani. When I started working here all I could see were brown people not that I am trying to be racist but it felt so uncomfortable when you are working and a couple of people are conversing in a foreign language and it feels you are not wanted in a team or not welcomed very well. The chef is very partial and only favours people who treat him like some god I guess thats the culture where he comes from. One sous chef is from spain and I guess he is hired just for decoration as he too has no direction. Work is fun as everybody is doing whatever they want to do.Shifts changes overnignt and without any intimation.Money gets deducted from your paycheck whether you eat or not at the facility.

Pros

no pros

Cons

partial management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5K