Aramark

Working at Aramark: Employee Reviews

Canada1,053 reviews

Found 1,053 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,230 reviews
foodcampfreemeallunchhortonsrogerskitchen

Questionable and Contradicting Regarding Some Regulations.

Good besides the "do as I say and not as I do" mentality by some management. Frusterating when some general rules apply to some and not others in the same work setting.

Pros

overall good place to work and great management otherwise.

Cons

Some misleading and unfair ruling in place.

Good schedule and work hours but no raises or cost of living increase

If you are lucky you will get a 2% end of year raise. Raises are not based on performance unless you do poorly then it is less than 2.All sites and contracts pay differently but keep in mind they compete for lowest bid.

Insights into Aramark

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

Not bad but gets worse the longer you stay

typical low paying fast paced job. Too large to care for the smaller workers. They promise much when you get in, but the environment of the job slowly erodes away at everyone. Not a long term solution. Stick up for yourself and whats right. Use your unions.They expect and are sneaky about getting people to do things outside of there roles, duties and pay grade.

cheap

Not a good paying company. Benefits are decent but management not fair at all. Hours vary from location and lots of disgruntled employees but lots have been there for years

productive and fun place to work

Aramark is a good place to work, I enjoy every day I go in to work. The staff and managers care about each other and it feels more like a family then a work environment. Yes you are busy when you are working as there is a lot to get accomplished but at the end of the day i feel satisfied because the students are happy with what they had to eat that day,

Great working culture

Great people great working culture. Focus on safety and client relationships. Willing to do what’s right vs making profit. Lots of carrier opportunities.

Environnement de travail positif et productif

C’est un excellent travail avec un bon coordination

I do not recommend.

The place I work is always short staffed.company keep hiring, People keep quitting.Managers, co-workers are nice.Job is easy. Great benefits.Problem is people keep quitting but company never change anything. Management staffs have to know why people dont wanna work this place and improve some.you will get a lot of deduction such as meal fee,union fee.My location,parking is not for free.

benefits

Cons

seasonal lay off

Don’t work here!

Not a good place to work, bad management, disorganized. understaffed and there were lots of issues with ordering product so we were always out of stuff. Overall very stressful

it all depends on your manager's mood

I learned a lot from everyone on my team but at the end of the day, there isn't any work-life balance. they give you shifts at different times always and it's never fixed. it interferes with everything in your life. If you get a good manager and supervisor, you are lucky otherwise it will ruin your entire day. I used to work there a few years ago. Hope the management is better now.

The work was fine but things were unprofessional

My managers never got the schedule right and barely let me get any days off. Work was fine but company was a little messy handling things at work.

Good workplace some bad co-workers

My experience at my particular Aramark location was in a school. The job itself was very straightforward, faculty and students were the most energizing part of the job such amazing people. The diversity of my coworkers was truly exciting unfortunately there was a high age difference and that seemed to be a big factor for the people working there. It's unfortunate that such an amazing place could be brought down by gossip,lies, manipulation, poor management and just so much drama. You would think people your parents age would hold themselves to higher standards when it comes to how they treat people but I guess when you have a younger person in a older workplace they tend to see you more as a child than as a co-worker and unfortunately their respect lies in the amount of years lived and not in the hard work done.

Pros

Students, diverse, easy going, free food

Cons

Gossiping coworkers, poor management, lots of layoffs due to school holidays

A good place to grow and professional environment

I enjoyed my time working at Aramark. The management is very approachable, and the team culture is encouraging and inspiring. It can be busy during the month-end closing, but you can bank the time.

its a fun place to work

its a great place to work the work is easy and people are very nice and the managers are nice and friendly and the manager are pretty chilled, the clients are super nice and if the work is done you can go for a walk, its great place to work, if you have any appointment the manager has no problem if you need to leave work early. if you are running late just make sure you let the manager know.

Good Place Overall

The Job itself is pretty great with awesome surrounding people to work alongside through aramark including various companies within the plant as well. There holds a general respect and professionalism throughout facility with fantastic direct management who continously work to create a welcoming and happy enviroment with less stress and genuine care and concern for its employees. Direct Management continues in helping us be motivated to do well at our jobs safely and efficiently and make sure were in a good place overall. They strive to help us grow, succeed, and flourish both as a team and individuals. I feel as though management above our direct office could do a better job in commicating with our management things being addressed and giving valid reasoning for some of their decisions being made. There have been numerous issues getting brought to our direct management and they havent been able to give us answers due to poor communicatication or none at all in coordinating with the people above them. It seems to be a typical thing seen with higher managents as a lot fail to care or understand how things are being ran or know what the best decisions are to make since they arent on working floors. They have so much money they will just pay the bare to make it someone elses problem or avoid it entirely which is not ok to do whatsoever.

sometimes good most times not good

didn't work there long enough to advance but it was too many hours - upper managers were not too suportive. free food was nice but not worth it left due to schooling

Aramark

Great people to work for as well as with. Caring and friendly staff. Management is always there to lend a hand if needed. I feel important here:) I have learned a lot since I started working here.

Pros

Flexible break times

Cons

Long commute for me

Fast paced terrible management

Job is fast paced because management can't schedule and the people they do schedule don't come in or barely do any work. Job isn't so bad on the slower days but when they have busy days it falls apart

great experience

They may lack certain training for new employees, and many things need to be solved by myself. The management is reasonable, the colleagues are friendly, but the work is busy and if you are multitasking then this is the place for you.

Uncommunicative Staff and Difficult to receive Accommodations

Most staff are quick to anger and do not communicate effectively to solve problems, but instead choose to complain and be upset. Managers are not very educated on disabilities and what accommodations need to be made to help employees sustain themselves

Pros

Food

Cons

Long hours, small pay

It’s just ok. Not great, but it’s not terrible. They need to provide more training, since there was barely any. Need better support for management and need to pay more for both management and employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement