Aramark logo

Aramark Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 997 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,118 reviews

Great culture

Really great employers. I have been afforded many growth and development opportunities. Team diversity, flexibility and accommodations make Aramark a great place to work.

Pros

Opportunity to grow

Cons

N/a

Loved this location

Canada life building cafeteria was the absolute best location, customer base and coworkers/management!6 years was not long enough!if you like good service this was a great experience

Pros

Great people

Cons

Low wage

Hated working with this company

Worst company I have ever worked for. Bad pay bad managers. Dirty building didn't care about the seniors living there. Would not recommend this company to anyone. And I would never work for Aramark ever again.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Bad pay bad management

Work place was very stressful . Full timers make new employee fell incompetent.

Not enough training before you are left on your own. New employees training other new employees. Certain employees get treated much much more differently.

Pros

It’s a hob

Cons

Stressful very very stressful

Not many staff members were ever happy

This was the most stressful and very overload work conditions in my life!The last manger did nothing but demean and lie and play favorites!Always a very stressful person to work under and the top management didn't seem to do anything to rectify the situation

Pros

great team work with the colleagues

Cons

work overload short staff constantly

Productive and fun

Great people to work with. I was lucky to meet extremely professional people and each one of them was very supportive in order for me to be able to adjust to my new position. Office space wasn't ideal but when you are working with a great team it wasn't on the top of my priorities.

Pros

breaks allowed

Cons

Le problème est pas la compagnie qui est pas bonne ,les compagnies sont correctes c’est la direction qui est pas correct l’injustice. et l’équité

La compagnie est bonne comme toute autre compagnie mais c’est l’injustice et l’inegalité qui fait que c’est pas vivable l’es chouchou et les stoules ont des avantages que les autres ont pas comme être dans sa chambre à 15hrs30 et payer jusqu’à 18hrs ne jamais. faire de grand ménage de passé des hrs à aller fumé quand d’autre son a course dans la cuisine des personnes vont fumés trois fois d’affilée j’ai trois patrons trois gros salaires pour rien avant j’ai toujours eue un patron ça marchait très bien j’aurais tellement de choses à vous dire la perte d’argent qui sort pour rien c’est épouvantable

Pros

Repas gratuit

Cons

Assurance collective pas assez de protection

Terrible management

Management doesn't seem to know what they're doing half the time. Worked there for 5 years never got vacation time. Overworked. Sometimes worked 7 days a week

Pros

Access to free food

Cons

No love for the females!

Works ok, all male management. They only like female management for housekeeping. ( not for kitchen or any other area but). Work hard without adequate pay. Ask for a raise, they say no. Tell management to go F themselves and get promoted. What a company to work for!

Pros

Maybe the people

Cons

Everything else

Skut job and paid poorly

Awful place to work, environment is stressful. Expectations are unealistic, you get paid nothing for the job you do. Expectations ways changing, manager does nothing to support you. This job was the worse Experience iv ever had. Turn over rate was crazy. Never ever work for them unless you enjoy being stresses every day and not get paid right for working like you get make to do.

Pros

Cons

Paid low, get treated like scum

Jobs at Aramark

See more jobs

Workplace was interesting.

Management at the time I worked there few years ago, just east of Red Deer became increasingly difficult to deal with, and not very in touch with day to day operations. They never seemed like they had the employees best interest at heart. Frankly some of the worst management I've ever worked under. Sorry to report negative. Wouldnt recommend working there as long as unreasonable management is there.

Pros

Clean work environment

Cons

Communication and management relations

You are not going anywhere with this job

Been working for Aramark at Saint Mary's University for 2 years, it's steady for a part-time job as a university student, but if you want to work there as your career, it's not a good idea. There's a lot of teamwork, basically, you don't need to do many things on your own unless they trust you. The pay is below the minimum as they deduct some money from your every 5+hours shift for the meal you are getting. The management would not appreciate you more because of your hard work, they will just make you work more without paying you more. Coworkers there were nice, there are people from all kinds of different cultures so it's interesting to make friends with them. Not a good place to work overall.

Pros

Free leftover food

Cons

no advancement, low pay

Its Its interesting

The amount of people who would cause issues made it bot a place I to feel welcome. There was favoritism. I'd love to go back and work with aramark in Medicine het AB now but the experience I had in didsbury Ab I'm not sure.

Pros

Lunches

Cons

Bullying

Overworked

Overworked and under paid , never respected as a person or employee , as a salary person , you always work free hours , anything over 8 hours a day was free hours , only the company benefit, not the worker , most weeks I work for free hours than hours I got paid

Pros

Free lunches

Unprofessional management

Working for Aramark was probably the most stressful job I’ve ever had. Work was great. Always busy. Clients were great. Everyone was super friendly. But the management sucked the life out of me. Extremely unprofessional. And their expectations were extremely over the top, and unrealistic. Minimum wage job, and you’ll end up breaking your back for this company. Mentally, I could not work there anymore. It was extremely toxic and not worth it in the end. Would not recommend working for this company.

Cons

Poor management. Emotionally draining. Minimum wage.

Remote site - terrible management

The management don’t always know what is going on between each other. They are very driven by numbers and money. They don’t value their staff nor do they pay them well. When asked for a raise it’s minimal, around $0.25/hour. There are no bonuses and travel pay is low. They are very secretive towards the client and have no transparency. I have seen a situation where they don’t like an employee and instead of termination they have demoted and made working conditions poor for this individual. My guess is so that they will quit saving the company any severance. In general I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Cons

Poor management. Terrible environment.

Ambiente diversificado

Me gusto mucho trabajar para esta empresa ya que pude crecer al nivel profesional con ellos. Subi los escalones hasta tener el puesto de gerente regional

Pros

Salario, pension, seguro medical

Cons

El mercado ha cambiado bastante lo cual era menos interesante para mi

Solid and stress free

Aramark was a good experience and I gained knowledge that I otherwise, would not have attained.Possitive people to work for and withGood wage.Stress free environment

Buen ambiente de trabajo con los jefes y compañeros

Super contenta con mis jefes y compañeros.Me gustaba mucho mi trabajo, me sentía realizada y mis jefes estaban muy contentos conmigo.

Terrible place to work. Take any other job you can.

You will have the life sucked out of you with this company. You are not really working for this company but for the Contractor that orders you around and Belittles you constantly to your Manager who is in their back pocket. Management is clueless and very lacking in any type of good skill set for this position. We often wondered where Head Office found these people. Read only the reviews that pertain to the real jobs you are applying for, and not the office workers or other Supervisors who are trying to raise the star rating for the company profile. Take the time to read all you can across Canada as you will understand the terrible Management you will be working for. They will NEVER have your back and will suspend you whenever possible.

Pros

Cons

Pitiful Management, total lack of respect for workers

Not my favourite place to work

Not the best experience here. Not enough hours to go around. Tossed from placement to placement. Company seems cheap, no holiday party, no bonus. I had a number here rather than a name.

Pros

Meh

Cons

Mehhhh

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5K