Aramark Employee Reviews

Found 745 reviews matching the search See all 13,190 reviews
A good place to work
Contract Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 November 2018
To start at this company, it was straight weekends and on call during the week. I soon found out, it was call you everyday. I couldn't physically work that many hours and be ready and willing to work at each phone call. 2 or 3 extra shifts a week with at least some notice would have been fine, but not everyday with no notice.
Pros
It gave me experience
Cons
too many "on-call" hours
ok
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC8 November 2018
parfois ont est pas a notre meilleur ,des changement dans l'entreprise dans c'est annee mais je suis sur que cela a du faire un diference
Terrible
Weekend Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 November 2018
My experience as a worker at Aramark is extreme terrible, got fired after only one month, the management is just terrible, after I got fired from there, I as a customer don't think that the food there is good anymore.

As a employee, as a weekend cook I need to prepare the food by myself, this kind of the environment isn't right for one person to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I feel bad as a employee, gets blame for everything, the head chef isn't a great chef either. All Real chef flag was on their jacket of the head chef, and the weekend Sous chef.

Working alone sims being lonely most of the time. This experience makes me realized that sometimes people just hated the things that made them who they were and then become another person.
Worst place forever
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 November 2018
Personally I cannot recommend this company. Poor management. Just only paper work. Not caring about workers. Having hard time dealed with Management. Really sorry to open this.
Pros
Free food
Cons
8houts
Nasty environment with many faults in management..
Full Time Cafeteria Server/Busser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 November 2018
Shifts usually start with a negative attitude from the supervisor with being talked down to with an arrogant tone. Their are too many cliques and in fighting to mention. I have learned that people here are generally nasty to underlings. The hardest part of the job is not feeling sad and singled out. The best part is leaving for home.
Pros
Cons
management
concession attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2018
The job is great as well as the employees and the management. Its a very hands on job but also a lot of team work to make sure that each customer is served in a timely and efficient manner,
Poor management, over worked & underpaid.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, ON11 October 2018
Was told by the other housekeepers "don't be too good at your job". They take advantage of the good workers, placing heavier workloads on workers that are able to complete the workload within the giving time frame. Not worth the mental abuse placed by higher ups. Lots of favouritism. 2-1 schedule makes it hard for home life. Not worth it.
Pros
Free accommodation
Cons
Favouritism, no time for home life, over worked & under paid, mentally and physically exhausting
Productive and fun place to work
Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2018
The workers are really nice and friendly. Seasonal and flexible with hours of work. Taught me a lot about handling costumers and problem solving. Very good environment to work at especially if its your first time working.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Short hours, short of staffs
it's a seasonal and good experience and fun workplace
Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2018
It's a fast paced work environment. Management are great and staffs are nice. I learned to handle cash and multi-task. Hardest part of this job is when it gets so busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is that working alongside with my colleagues who are fantastic and serving fans/costumers.
Pros
discount on foods and tickets for bluejays game
Cons
long standing and short hours
Terrible
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 October 2018
I would not recommend working here. Management is terrible and you get treated terribly. Standards at the store are low. The only positive is that you are part of a union.
Stay away
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 October 2018
Management is terrible. No wonder they cant keep staff. Not accordindating to family life . They treat u very poorly . It is a thankless job. Stay away
Best management team
Stand Manager (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON26 September 2018
One of the best places i have worked. Aramark Sports and Entertainment team at Canadian Tire Centre. Continue to outshine the competition in this city

Always room for growth and advancement.
It is fun and challenging
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2018
It was fun working this job. I am able to learn a lot from everyone I worked with. The environment is fun and light. I make pizza and sometimes at second cup.
Great !
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Smooth Rock Falls, ON20 September 2018
I enjoyed my time at this camp site in smooth rock falls, unfortunately the job was done, so I was laid off! Hopefully more oppertunities with this company come up again as I enjoyed the work culture and routine in this job.
This company no longer exists
Director of Procurement (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB20 September 2018
I enjoyed my days at Aramark, always lots to do, unfortunately this corporation came into the camp world not understanding that with the huge profit years also comes huge loss years, this company is no longer in business
Pros
good pay
Cons
week upper management
I enjoy Hard work and being productive.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Inuvik, NT10 September 2018
When I start a cleaning job I like everything to be ready and in good working order to start the day. I've always learned that in some similar jobs to be familiarized to different ways of cleaning and tidiness. Id say the hardest part of hard work cleaning is when it gets hectic, but I find it good to work together and get the job done. Working together and maintaining good communication with the other workers and supervisor is what I enjoy working as a team.
was a terrible experience to work there
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  kelowna bc7 September 2018
I worked there 2 yrs and employees aren't not treated good seniority is not been respected there's bullying issues coming from management and the union doesn't do much for us.overall I will not recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
free lunch and pay is not too bad
Cons
its a terrible place to works there's too many cons to list
fun workplace and great co workers
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2018
My co workers were all friendly and workplace is good. Management were very understanding ,and give me a flexible schedule even though I worked part time only. I gain a lot of experienced and many friends while working with Aramark.
Pros
free meal up to maximum of $12.00/day
Cons
deducted $3.00 every day on our salary
Great Place to Work
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2018
Aramark is a great company with highly effective management in place that believes in executing the highest level of service. Work culture is great, all managers are able to connect with one another for assistance.
Fun work place and very flexible hours
SUITES SERVICE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Rogers Center, ON3 September 2018
I really recommended to those to work here. It is a great place to gain new friends and have the chance to watch baseball live. The management of this place is great because they are really understanding with your outside life and they try to match your availability.
Pros
Great management and workplace culture
Cons
Sometime it can be late and if you are new you get less work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K