Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews

The supervisors are from the same culture if you are not they give a lot of hours to the employees from their own culture, for others just they give you like 3 or 6 hours a week, who can live with that? The director did tell me because I have the worst permit allowed for the government. They change the director and I did ask the new one the same question his answer was, "because of the rules" when I finally was able to work off-campus I read in the task of Aramark's supervisor, they must decide the shift for each one of the team, not rules. That was awful. So, I did decide never to work again in that lier company.
Pros
Cons
Descitions, director, manager, supervisors, etcetera
Me gusto mucho trabajar para esta empresa ya que pude crecer al nivel profesional con ellos. Subi los escalones hasta tener el puesto de gerente regional
Pros
Salario, pension, seguro medical
Cons
El mercado ha cambiado bastante lo cual era menos interesante para mi
Aramark was a good experience and I gained knowledge that I otherwise, would not have attained.Possitive people to work for and withGood wage.Stress free environment
Super contenta con mis jefes y compañeros.Me gustaba mucho mi trabajo, me sentía realizada y mis jefes estaban muy contentos conmigo.
You will have the life sucked out of you with this company. You are not really working for this company but for the Contractor that orders you around and Belittles you constantly to your Manager who is in their back pocket. Management is clueless and very lacking in any type of good skill set for this position. We often wondered where Head Office found these people. Read only the reviews that pertain to the real jobs you are applying for, and not the office workers or other Supervisors who are trying to raise the star rating for the company profile. Take the time to read all you can across Canada as you will understand the terrible Management you will be working for. They will NEVER have your back and will suspend you whenever possible.
Pros
Cons
Pitiful Management, total lack of respect for workers
Not the best experience here. Not enough hours to go around. Tossed from placement to placement. Company seems cheap, no holiday party, no bonus. I had a number here rather than a name.
Pros
Meh
Cons
Mehhhh
Its like a family working together with respect and helping each other weHad teamwork at work and i learned a lot from the start till i left the company
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hrs
Flexibility was at 100%, everyday was a fun day. Always had good food and they were always presented very nicely. Aesthetic was a big deal, from the way everyone was dressed, to the good food, to good music, awesome book shelves and so much diversity in one place.
Pros
Free lunches plus snacks!
Cons
As a former supervisor of 12 staff I can tell you that those staff were great ( for the most part). However, upper management when not MIA is always breathing down your back. Micromanagement to its fullest. No matter how hard you work, its never good enough. Follow the directions you were specifically given yesterday...and today you were completely in the wrong for doing so. Couldnt win in any way...Completely toxic! Stay away. No raises, no appreciation and aftre the fact NO job references provided ( which you are told at time of hire)Stay away.....far , far away!
Pros
pay
Cons
everything but the pay
As someone who gets anxious if I don’t have a lot of work to do, my employers have always been amazing with giving me things to learn and do, and they always make sure that I know it’s okay to take a break. They have helped me gain experience working in special foods, suites, being a server, a runner, a busser, and a cashier. As my time with Aramark continues, I’ve been told of many more opportunities that I will be getting in the near future, and I highly look forward to it!
Pros
Flexible schedule, active and considerate managers, good hours, and lots of opportunity if you look and ask for it.
Cons
Some locations we have to work in are not as sanitary as they should be.
The company needs stricter rules of lying and gossiping about other employees. My name is getting slandered but the cook and night baker. And I’d making it hard for me to find a different job
Pros
Cleaning
Cons
Need to take breaks
With so many different divisions and job sites, it is hard to rate this company as a whole. I though, always loved my job here. You know it's a good company when after ten years with them you still do not have anything bad to say.
Pros
Work life balanc
Cons
Iam happy to work there again .alrhough i left the job for some personal porblems but love to join this company again .Co workers and supervisor r very help ful .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Felexible hours
The job itself was great! The pay and raise system could use some work. Our site had a revolving door of management but overall the experience was a good one.
Pros
Never work past 6pm
Cons
Pay raises and managment
they act like they care.. but.. don't.. the minute you get sick or disagree with them.. they do everything in their power to get rid of you.. no matter how many years you put in.. the managers get bonuses, Christmas parties and year round work.. while the f/t worker gets laid off all the time with no pay.. no Christmas bonus or even a party.. and god sakes you get sick.. horrible company.. some good workers and a few good managers.. but.. aramark as a whole sucks and don't care about their employees!
Pros
time off in the summer
Cons
no team work and you will never hear when you do good only when you do bad..
Problem at work, I went to supervisor. Iwas told only option was to quit. I applied for EI, they lied to EI and told them I could have taken the day.
Was not impressed with Aramark, no team work, no support and it was very very hard to get answers. Go through so many employees the staff changes weekly.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management is really good as they help all around. The only issue is the security of job. Being worked with aramark i balanced my life easily. I will recommend to my friends also to work here
The past few months have been busy but having a supportive team to work with is what got us through- being a EVS and Laundry Supervisor working and developing my team and hiring the right people is the key to success!! I love my job and each day is a new experience.If I can help one person and learn something new! Then it’s a great day!
Pros
Too many to say !
Cons
Wish we had more perks - personal days etc.
J'adore mais devrais être un emploi a l'année longue
Pros
Apprentissage
Cons
Stresse
Aramark on a local level, do not appreciate, show appreciation, nor value the hard-working hourly employees. All about local management and how they run the facilities.
  1. Employee reviews