Aramark Employee Reviews

Was constant stretched beyond capabilities.
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL9 June 2018
Originally I had a small portion of work. Wash the laundry (bed sheets, comforters, mattress protectors, towels), fold it, and put it away or set it aside to be used. Then, I was doing laundry on 3 different floors of a building, and sometimes running between camps to do the same in the other. Trying to switch it over from washer to dryer, fold all of it (keep in mind there were many rooms), organize the clean laundry in the storage closets, clean kitchens on each floor, sometimes mopping hallways caked with dirt/mud/concentrate. Sometimes I put off my 15 minute breaks because I felt I had to much work to do. Then I had to start going in earlier to do a walk through of the building and see what rooms were to be cleaned. This was pointless because people weren't all out of the rooms yet.
I did enjoy the friendliness of the coworkers, and they did have a Christmas party and a Chase the Ace every week. We had lunch at the cafeteria every day.
Pros
Free lunches, good schedule
Cons
Unmanageable workload, high stress
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2018
Good place to work and management is very pleasant to work for.A big thumbs for being flexible re working hours.
Compassionate when comes to family needs.
Cleaning
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 May 2018
It's a bad company, does not have good management.
belle environnement
Terrebonne, QC (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC18 May 2018
tres belle experienece jai beaucoup aimer travailler la bas
Pros
repas gratuiss
Cons
pas de pause quand tu est a la cafeteria de lecole
Fun Enjoyable environment, people are friendly
Food & Beverage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2018
Overall great place to work, the Environment is very friendly and benefits are amazing. However, running into issues with some of the members of management can be extremely difficult for the employee because the employees job satisfaction isnt always taken into account or even cared for.
Pros
great working environment, and several benefits are offered
Cons
Rude customers & management
productive
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 May 2018
a typical day of work would consist of me coming in going into soup and sandwich and making food all day, cleaning serving drinks and even closing. I enjoyed it a lot especially meeting new people but I need much more hours 5-6 hours a day wasn't enough. All and all I loved my job too bad a new compant took over and didn't rehire the majority of us.
Fun work enviroment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 May 2018
I worked tim Hortons it was a good place i learned a lot of different things like catering friendly place to work fun place management is great and understandable clean
Pros
Friendly
Cons
long shifts
Poorly managed and absolutely no job security or advancement.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 May 2018
I worked there 3 years, seasonal. Had the worst management and supervisors. It had mass layoffs every season, which brings on the struggle to find new jobs and not being able to get approved for Employment Insurance, as not many people could get a full time job there, because the company was VERY greedy. I lost 3 years of my health and life there, would not recommend.
Cons
poor management, greedy company, very stressful
Isolated place of environment
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
Very physically demanding and high paced job in a camp job. I could not keep up to the pace and I grew depressed working in an isolated job site. At that point I was severely depressed and was suicidal. I left the job sector and applied for AISH.
Pros
Free room and board while working
Cons
Very high paced and little training.
productive and fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2018
There is always busy but fun. We learn every day about our customers and how make them feel home. The supervisor and team leader were always there to support us. Great team.
Pros
Cheap lunches
A great first or part-time job
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2018
Working for Aramark was a good place to learn the ropes about a first job. I learned a lot about customer service, handling money, and such. I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a small hourly workload or for a first job.

Downside was since it is such a huge company, I felt pretty small and on my own. I was only ever paid minimum wage.
Pros
few shifts, cool experience
Cons
few shifts, a lot of work for little pay
Good begining job
SERVER & CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 May 2018
Aramark is open to hiring individuals of all ages at various life stages which is great. Whether you have never had a job before or have worked they are open to hiring everyone.
Cashier/Server
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2018
Preparing the stand for the night's event. Stocking up products, cups and lids. Food Preparation. The job is fun and there is room for career advancement with this organization.
Good environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 April 2018
Decent job except for the layoffs. Enjoyed working with my co-workers and had an awesome manager. Would have stayed longer had there not been so many layoffs.
Cashier/Hostess/General Help (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 April 2018
I have been working for Aramark for almost 8 years. In 2015, I decided I needed a change so went from full-time to part-time so that I could attend college. My manager worked with me and was flexible with the time schedule to allow for me to attend classes. Because of the college strike and my last college timetable, I was only able to work Saturdays from October 2017 until April 2018. I am currently laid off at the moment due to work shortage. No students no work.
The location of my work is very convenient as Aramark has a contract with Durham College/UOIT as their food services provider for the both campuses. This enabled me to achieve my education while still being able to work part-time. The management team are very approachable and try to help where needed.
A typical day includes taking customer orders and serving the customers coffee and baked goods; cleaning work stations and covering breaks for other coworkers. The hardest part of the job is standing for multiple hours whereas the most enjoyable part of the job imy coworkers and the customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Having to be laid off every summer
bon environnement de travail
Gérante (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 April 2018
j'ai adoré travailler pour cette compagnie. J'adore la restauration
Aramark
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 April 2018
Aramark is a great company to work for the staff and management is amazing they really care about there staff yearly raises aramark really care about their staff and always stand by you and always say family and your health comes first
Pros
Great hours 8 pay sick days per year yearly raises
Cons
Seasonal
very productive and fun workplace
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
before work starts we go through what needs to be done and then we start to prep for the rush and work begins by serving customers their food and after shift all employees clean up workstation
Pros
staff lunches
Cons
management isnt so great
Aramark
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 April 2018
-good place to work
-generally nice to their employees
-got some free food
-nice job to have while in school
-great cookies
-not enough vegetarian options
Good Place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, ON14 April 2018
For a cook it is a good place to work. Monday to Friday day shifts. Benefits for medical/dental included. I moved from dishwasher to cook. The hardest part is getting everything ready for lunch time, most days.
Pros
no evening or weekends
Cons
Constantly short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K