Aramark
Information from Aramark:

Aramark Employee Reviews

Canada956 reviews
Fun workplace
It was fun working with co-workers. Everyone was helpful and of great help. From training to handling the shop all alone is all fun. Thank you for all the great time.
Ok
Time I’m a half, after 40 hours a week I not only worked in Fort McMurray, I also worked in Fort St John and Saskatchewan. They have many areas to work but you didn’t have a choice. They themselves would choose where you would work. Pay for your travel there and back. Was good enough for me. Bring away from my daughter was hard though
NEVER work here, unless you want depression
The durham college location has to be single handedly the worst location in assistance since the new management took over this past September, it all went down hill when the management had no clue what they were doing and crumbled the whole business to the ground, cutting hours but expecting the same amount of work to get done if not more, cutting jobs and letting people go into un qualified positions and kept them there I have seen things that would make kitchen nightmares look like a nice place to eat. The work enviorment consists management not having a clue what they are doing and choosing favourite staff which they allow to micro manage other employees. They allow workplace bullying, they allow staff to bully students and guests with no discipline. There is no motivation or incentive for anyone to try hard as they hire anyone out of desperation and keep them on the job to let the few good employees they have work twice as fast and hard to get work done, you do not get appreciated here. The place is filled and drowning in anxiety, stress, and depression. They will mess up your pays or straight up not pay you for multiple pay periods, some as long as a few months you should also flush your mental health down the toilet if you chose to work here (unless you are insane, for your sake find something else). There is no food safety here, some people dont even know safe food temps yet are allowed to cook food and serve things at unsafe temperatures. I feel bad for the students as i have seen food leftovers made into something else the following days with some past expiration or - more...
It was fun
Employees are treated equally with full respect.
Managers are very understanding and it is fun and very interactive environment, Employees are paid on time.
Aramark is good environment for job
The company management is good and it is big company and they have a lot of employees but still it's good specially for the new comers it is good opportunity for training
It's an alright place to work
The pay is not the greatest for what we do. If we were union we would make more then just min wage. And because of that alot of us have to work 2 jobs just to pay our monthly bills as well as buy food. The benefits aren't the greatest but they help. But the hours are great which allows some of us to be able to work 2 jobs
productive fast paced environment with something new everyday!
prepare, serve, laugh, have learned quite a bit about catering and multiculturalism, management consists of a good group of people, the people/customers and problem solving are my favorite parts of the job
Spiritually dead company
Lame head office direction. More paper work then cooking. Prison culture. Labour shortage. Only concerned with profits. People objectified and reified.
Relaxed work environment
The company has a relaxed yet dynamic work environment. This can create stress in some people. The company's culture is geared to the well-being of employees and their safety. There is an opportunity for team growth and improvement.
Great Summer Job
Very casual work environment due to the stadium and sports culture. Great for students looking for a part-time job over the summer. Schedule is set based on team schedule.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Minimum wage for entry level positions
strict but nice environment
Good work environment
Was fulling

Had fun

Gained experience

Learned from mistakes

People were nice

enjoyed job

Can get vary tired at end of the night
Productive yet fun
Great working environment. I learned a lot about customer service as well as food safety handling. A typical day at work involved aiding in the cooking process.
Productive and safe workplace
Working with different people, I enjoy to work with a dynamic team.
There I learned how to work as teamwork; how to resolve problems with a team. The management was good and encouraging everyone to grow, to improve our daily tasks.
Ok if your in high school not looking for a lot of hours
It wasn’t a bad place to work at the time me being in high school some creepy co workers but a lot of perks of working there if you can deal with that hour shortages and lay offs which are huge
Organized, but not appreciative of hard work
They have a good menu set up, lots of management to back up and help train new accounts, and to cover loss of positions, but had an unrealistic expectation of profits . They flew throught management and staff, and didn't impress the client with high prices, and low cost product. I enjoyed learning from the many Chefs I worked with, and felt I was treated with respect, although sometimes not compensated enough for my work.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of learning opportunities, respectful treatment
Cons
Long hours, stressful and changing work environment
Stressful in busy days.
it is not a fun place to work. but you can work in your own way and manage tasks as you seem fit, as long as it is working and the job is getting done.
Good
Everything is balanced in this work place .and good environment for work. Friendly understanding but if it the wage is a bit more than it will be perfect.
I love my job
I enjoy very much working for Aramark and enjoy the university atmosphere. all coworkers from management to staff are all pretty awesome people. Work can be stressful at times but it's also very rewarding.
Fun and enjoyable
I learned to work in a fast-paced environment and some social skills. The place was clean, management was extremely good. The hard part was working in a fast-pace. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the different coworkers.
pretty good
you make good friends there and the rooms are pretty nice. the food is pretty good and there is some decent room to advance with the company. it was a good time
Overall I was so very grateful for the job and the time spent with this company but After a while i wasnt happy at all.
Management and managers need to do more onsite training. If employees are handling paperwork, headoffice staff and field staff should be more on one accord and on the same page