Aquarius Security and Investigative Services

Aquarius Security and Investigative Services Employee Reviews for Loss Prevention Officer

Loss Prevention Officer6 reviews
Canada6 reviews
Featured review
Aquarius Security and Investigative Services selected this as a representative review
Aquarius is a great company to work for because it that gives opportunity to show yourself when other bigger companies may not. The management is great and always responds to any concerns employees have. The pay is fair and the scheduling is very convenient. The two days of training may have not been enough at first, but as soon as you start working by yourself you learn a lot, and the management team is always there to answer your calls if you are confused or lost in what you're doing. Overall a good company to start a fresh start at and continue to grow within the field.
This security company is extremely unprofessional, there were times where I would be taking a lunch break and the manager would come just to observe me and complain if I was even 5 minutes late. They don't really give you proper training with how to handle dangerous situations such as if while you make an arrest, how to deal with someone attacking You. I was sick one shift and left work early and they fired me on the spot... so UNPROFESSIONAL!
I worked at Aquarius for 6 months and my reason for leaving the company was because I had been accepted to Law School and had commenced studies. Since my resignation, the owner has reached out to me several times to see how my studies are going and checking in on a personal level. This says a lot about the type of person he is and that is the type of person that I think most of us want their "boss" to be. I am writing this review today out of the respect I have for this company and to recommend it to anyone looking to get into Law Enforcement in the future. It is an excellent resume builder for Criminology or Police Foundations students and graduates.

Although I had a lot of Security experience prior to Aquarius, this was my first time working in Loss Prevention specifically, and the company was very patient with me as I took some time to learn the concepts and procedures. Once I had a good grasp on the job, my performance increased dramatically and the days became more enjoyable and action filled. It is easy to get in a "zone" on this job and time seems to fly by.

The starting wage at Aquarius is around average for Security jobs, however, I believe there is a lot more room for advancement here than at most other Security companies.

This company keeps great communication and is very personal with their employees. On my first day on the job at Aquarius, I got the privilege to work alongside one of the managers of the company which I thought was a unique opportunity. Not only did I learn so much from a highly experienced Loss Prevention Investigator, but I was
 - more...
I worked with Aquarius and enjoyed my time while employed with them. I have worked with numerous security companies and I would highly recommend Aquarius.
Pros
Great training, friendly management, full time hours
Cons
no gas allowance or mileage pay
Aquarius great company to work for management fantastic very helpful. I recommend this company. The owner fantastic willing to teach and grow you don't get that too often. . In a security company
I was having a hard time making arrest despite the two training days, did a few shifts on my own and still was having a difficult time. Management (CEO) approached me and instead of criticizing me asked me what he could do to help - he provided me additional training and continues to check-in on me ensuring I am successful and effective in my job.
He recognizes when you are hardworking and provides the support needed. Once you're committed and professional, management and clients recognized your effort.

clients