APTN

APTN Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Great work space, 10/10 would work there again great staff welcoming community learned a lot from my 55 hours you can tell they love their jobs always working and having fun at the same time
Very judgmental co-workers. The HR department is a joke. They play favourites and many times i heard about co workers having issues with the HR department. Who do you talk to if you have an issue with HR? also, the pay per department varied insanely. The news side of APTN got very fair wage as they are union. The non union employees are very underpaid and almost looked down upon by the union employees. Overall a mess of a company. Would not recommend. My supervisor was actually the only great part , i learnt a lot from this individual.
Pros
Facilties Manager was great.
Cons
HR department
For a national broadcast, this company is as juvenile as they come. Management doesn’t seem to know what they are doing. Employees are kept on edge, wondering whether they will have a job to come to the next day. HR gets bored and inserts themselves into things to “prove” their worth. Work culture is horrendous because everyone is anxious. Highly unqualified people are put into important roles based not on skill but Indigenous status. For an indigenous broadcaster that preaches equality, racism oozes from every pore of every department.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Everything else
I've been working at APTN for over 14 years and I can attest to the support and commitment APTN has for their employees. They truly care. The culture here is that of family - collaboration - inclusivity - camaraderie. Benefits are excellent! APTN pays for all the benefits, except for Long Term Disability which the employee pays. That's because if someone goes on LTD they are paid out tax free. They are always watching out for the best interests of their employees. Our CEO is a true visionary. His inspiration and guidance is like no other. He is grounded and easily approachable. I highly,highly recommend working at APTN. We are unique in so many ways that makes my working here an absolute delight!
Pros
35 hour work weeks, benefits paid by employer, flexibility with hrs worked, support for work/life balance, maternity leave top up, matching pension plan, paid training & development.
Cons
cant think of anything
Great place to work. Always proud to say I work for APTN! The health benefits are great and there is a pension plan. Many employees have been with APTN for years (5, 10, 15, 20) and I can see why.
APTN fosters a wonderful work culture for their employees that encourages staff to develop their skills, take on new responsibilities and grow in the industry. Support comes from right from the top. APTN also gives the opportunity for its personal to find the right work/life balance for each individual. When you work at APTN you feel like you’re part of something bigger, something important to the Indigenous community in Canada and around the world. APTN is about being part of a community and bringing a community to our People.
Pros
cultural learning, work/life balance, available training
Cons
offices across Canada can lead to a disconnect between all staff
I've been with APTN 10years this September and I wouldn't change it for anything else. I definitely enjoy working with everyone here but most of all I enjoy getting to learn so much more about the Indigenous culture. APTN has lots of opportunities and is a superb place of work.
Pros
Training & Development, Benefits, Holidays and is a great place overall
I have been with APTN for almost 12 years and they have become my second family. The HR team works super hard to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and will work with you to upgrade your skills! We have been on Canada's Top Employer for a reason. APTN's Employee Engagement Committee, works towards wellness and engagement for all staff. They truly care about your career/home life balance and are accommodating when it is needed. I full heatedly recommend APTN as an amazing place to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere, team work, support
Cons
One day is never the same at APTN. As a reporter, you can plan what you;re doing, but it can change just as quickly. In the mornings you pitch your story ideas to your manager, whether if it's approved or not you make the appropriate contacts to build your story.
I had the opportunity to contribute to a real values focused work environment for all staff that have led to Canada's top 100 employers 3 years in a row and Manitoba's top 50 employers for 7 years in a row.
Pros
Benefits, Uniqueness in Canadian Culture, Flexibility
Cons
n/a
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at APTN?
Professional, smart people, very friendly and intelligent.