Aptean Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA9 May 2019
I was excited by the fact that they offered unlimited PTO but the truth is, you very rarely get to take advantage of it. Hence is why they try to add that in as a bonus. The workload is heavy and there was always a need for overtime ( in which you are not paid for because you are salaried).
Management is poorly ran and very cliqued. .you're either in our outcasted. No career progression and no support. Please take a minute to read the reviews for this company. That are all so spot on.
Pros
Not sure there are any
Cons
High benefit costs, poor management, overworked, underpaid, no work life balance
Excellent Company
Nothing (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA2 April 2019
My typical work day is full of new challenges and things to learn. I constantly have the opportunity to learn and grow. This is one of the things I really enjoy - if I see a problem with something, I have the opportunity and the freedom to tackle the issue and learn something new.

The overall culture at Aptean is really collaborative. While we are dispersed across the globe, we are constantly communicated with different individuals in various different offices.

The hardest part of the job is often the volume. With the opportunity to take on many new things, there is also the downside of ending up with too much on your plate. Personally I don't mind this, because I like the challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people- we really have an awesome group of highly intelligent, capable, knowledgeable people.
Pros
The people, the environment, the challenges
Cons
You can ended up with too much on your plate
Lack of Diversity
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA18 March 2019
I learned a lot from my Aptean peers during my tenure however it lacked culture diversity. The management is power driven and not strategic. I hope Vista and TA Associates does a thorough review of its current leadership. Aptean will continue to lose value due to customer churn and lawsuits.

A day to day at Aptean will start with meetings and more meetings. My work days were sometimes 12-18 hours.
Relaxed
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA2 February 2019
Ping Pong table, relaxed environment.

Always going through changes, buying selling.

In a good location.

Fair benefits.

Advancement opportunities based on position availability
Pros
Relaxed PTO system
Overall good place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA10 October 2018
Overall Aptean is a good place to work. Flexibility is offered, people are great to work with and the company culture is very positive. Unfortunately, pay isn't so good and some bad managers are driving good employees out.
Pros
Great work/life balance, corporate culture & flexibility
Cons
Some bad managers and pay isn't very good
Good until its bad
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bngalore5 September 2018
Everything feels good here until suddenly you realize you don't have a job. HR people are pathetic. Work-wise its great place and nice colleagues. Great work-life balance also.
Pros
Work-life balance and culture
Cons
Hr, unstable
Owned by Venture Capital Firm
Ross ERP Professional Services - Director (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA1 August 2018
Owned by Venture Capital firm so very short term focus. No investment in sustainable growth.

Ross ERP application technology and platform out dated.

No long term succession planning.
No carreer opportunities
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Northampton5 July 2018
Not a great company in terms of career growing and empowerment. I've been working here for 8 years and I haven't been given the chance to progress in my career, although I made sure to work hard and achieve my objectives.
Pros
Cons
No career progress
Innovative Public Safety Company focused on Officer efficency and safety
Strategic Account manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX9 April 2018
APS offers Police departments cutting edge software to make officers in the fied more efficient, effective and safe while working in the field. Management allows for sales reps to cultivate relationships and buid long term customers. supports and compensates employees well for efforts.
Contract Position
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 January 2018
During my time as a contractor at Aptean, the company was just starting up. It was a merger between to companies. I had little to no training, I was unable to ask questions, and when I did start to get acclimated to the position and sales piece was added to what was suppose to be an accounting support role.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Unorganized and not enough employee training or development
Aptean
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA21 December 2017
Aptean did not provide any support to the companies it acquires leading to the existing software engineers to having no path for advancement or ability to move their careers for better.
Meh
Credits and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GA24 August 2017
Some of the people were fine to work with, but the company underwent some big changes and partly relocated to Poland. Was able to go to train the new hires, but many people were let go due to this and by the end, few people cared to continue working there.
Main concern is the bottom line
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS30 June 2017
Even though they are a software company, they spent more time on maintaining the ARR and less on innovation. From a product manager perspective, that limited my flexibility on creating new software ideas
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Innovation
Good company to start your career with
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka13 June 2017
Its a nice company to start your career with. Has great products working on which you can learn and grow. Management can be better. Salary benefits are average.
No advancement in United States
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN12 April 2017
What used to be a good company is now a company focused on cutting costs, which means moving as many jobs as possible to India and Poland. Advancement in the US is only possible if you're willing to relocate to Atlanta.

Good teams exist if you can ignore the politics at the management level.
Working from Home
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Home office based27 January 2017
Wake up check help desk tickets first. If not tickets work on current projects. Always work on tickets first to correct issues that occurs for our clients. Since I work from home I need to google issues that comes up with clients. Most of the time I will need to work on servers issues after hours, not to interfere with other clients that is currently working on the system.
Pros
No one to look over my shoulder
Amazing
FINANCE AND IT RECRUITER EMEA (Current Employee) –  Northampton23 August 2016
Aptean is a wonderful company to work for, they are customer focused however still maintain healthy relationships with their employees. Fantastic offices worldwide
Productive and fun Experience
Associate Software Engineer, Development (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka7 June 2016
Its good experience to work at 'Aptean'. I lam learning lot of techincal things.
-> Friendly environment.
-> Good management team.
High energy environment
Vice President Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA6 April 2016
Great people with focus on performance and financial results. Recruiting and training are emphasized a great deal. Team oriented with focus on results.
Pros
People
Cons
Investor owned
Customizations and Consulting
Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duvall, WA23 February 2016
Solid company with near unlimited potential for advancement.
Best for a person looking for advance and willing to overachieve via time and effort.