Aptean Employee Reviews

Owned by Venture Capital Firm
Ross ERP Professional Services - Director (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA1 August 2018
Owned by Venture Capital firm so very short term focus. No investment in sustainable growth.

Ross ERP application technology and platform out dated.

No long term succession planning.
No carreer opportunities
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Northampton5 July 2018
Not a great company in terms of career growing and empowerment. I've been working here for 8 years and I haven't been given the chance to progress in my career, although I made sure to work hard and achieve my objectives.
Pros
Cons
No career progress
Contract Position
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 January 2018
During my time as a contractor at Aptean, the company was just starting up. It was a merger between to companies. I had little to no training, I was unable to ask questions, and when I did start to get acclimated to the position and sales piece was added to what was suppose to be an accounting support role.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Unorganized and not enough employee training or development
Aptean
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA21 December 2017
Aptean did not provide any support to the companies it acquires leading to the existing software engineers to having no path for advancement or ability to move their careers for better.
Meh
Credits and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GA24 August 2017
Some of the people were fine to work with, but the company underwent some big changes and partly relocated to Poland. Was able to go to train the new hires, but many people were let go due to this and by the end, few people cared to continue working there.
Main concern is the bottom line
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS30 June 2017
Even though they are a software company, they spent more time on maintaining the ARR and less on innovation. From a product manager perspective, that limited my flexibility on creating new software ideas
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Innovation
Good company to start your career with
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka13 June 2017
Its a nice company to start your career with. Has great products working on which you can learn and grow. Management can be better. Salary benefits are average.
No advancement in United States
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN12 April 2017
What used to be a good company is now a company focused on cutting costs, which means moving as many jobs as possible to India and Poland. Advancement in the US is only possible if you're willing to relocate to Atlanta.

Good teams exist if you can ignore the politics at the management level.
Working from Home
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Home office based27 January 2017
Wake up check help desk tickets first. If not tickets work on current projects. Always work on tickets first to correct issues that occurs for our clients. Since I work from home I need to google issues that comes up with clients. Most of the time I will need to work on servers issues after hours, not to interfere with other clients that is currently working on the system.
Pros
No one to look over my shoulder
Amazing
FINANCE AND IT RECRUITER EMEA (Current Employee) –  Northampton23 August 2016
Aptean is a wonderful company to work for, they are customer focused however still maintain healthy relationships with their employees. Fantastic offices worldwide
Productive and fun Experience
Associate Software Engineer, Development (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka7 June 2016
Its good experience to work at 'Aptean'. I lam learning lot of techincal things.
-> Friendly environment.
-> Good management team.
High energy environment
Vice President Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA6 April 2016
Great people with focus on performance and financial results. Recruiting and training are emphasized a great deal. Team oriented with focus on results.
Pros
People
Cons
Investor owned
Customizations and Consulting
Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duvall, WA23 February 2016
Solid company with near unlimited potential for advancement.
Best for a person looking for advance and willing to overachieve via time and effort.
Good Young and Energetic team
Manager -Facilities and HR (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KA1 September 2015
Good Young and Energetic Team. Flexible in working hours.Good Facility or work place. Good Co workers. Nice location in centre of the city. Very accessible. At least my immediate supervisor was very approachable.
1st Job
Senior IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 August 2015
It was my first job. Left when they sold it as a to an individual owner. Fast food life, not the best but as a first job you get to learn a lot. Customer experience can be rewarding and at other times they see you as dirt.
Pros
Team
Cons
Some rude customers
They're trying.
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA7 July 2015
Working at Aptean is an interesting experience. They are very schizophrenic when it comes to corporate goals and themes and they are quick to change strategies and organizational styles.
Good learning experience
EMEA Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bracknell10 June 2015
Collections cash, posting payments, chasing aged debt.
Calling customers, preparing cash flows. Fun place to work, everybody is really helpful.
Culture of insecurity and indirection
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta27 May 2015
I was a developer there for just under 2 years. The entire time I was there the majority of developers were looking for other work and were completely miserable working on the products that Aptean had recently acquired. Turnover rates are high because the majority of the work is SE which is just glorified customer support. Which would be fine for entry level work if anyone knew anything about the products. Everyone that knew anything about Pivotal has been let go so that SE team is just guessing. Ross SE is just the remnants of the China branch that didn't get laid off. Layoffs happen every quarter, the company will under perform in sales, some higher ups will get fired, a new one will come in and change things up to fix the company, repeat. Most of the development is going to India, those remaining in the Atlanta office are on a short timeline.
Pros
You can get away with doing nothing for a long time.
Cons
Insecurity, no advancement opportunities, the work isn't challenging, and the culture is bad
Company changed from small family to large global unit
Software Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN29 April 2015
Great people to work with. Co-workers feel like family.
Company has changed considerable over the past few years, some positive.
Company with high turnover rate
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA13 March 2015
Company has high turnover rate including management team. Therefore, many changes in structure and company development strategy.