Applebee's

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Fun and well-managed place to work

Love working here I've made a lot of friends since I started. Our management's great and they do their jobs and they listen if you need help with something.

Pros

Just about any time you ask off you'll probably get off.

Bad time

I remember working for this place and disliking it everyday I had to go into that place. The Barrie GM wasn’t a kinda person. Always seem to have problems with employes. And made it stressful. the money to work there was min wage. Why would anyone wanna work in a kitchen and be paid min wage and treated like less than.

Great Team, High Expectations, Chill Job.

The expectation first and foremost is that you be a team player, the place is exceptional to work at because there’s always a rush, always some fast paced work to get down to. Although your expectations are high, the team is there to keep each other afloat and help one another out. You end up feeling like you’re part of a family at the end of the day, and it doesn’t have the same feeling of dread to come into that other serving jobs do

This is a best one place.

Better Peacefull work place. There is too much cleaning, workers are very kind hearted. Every kind of services are best and management is also best. Every people who come here feel happy.

Pros

give me alot of experience

Cons

nothing

Work

Finding things out on your own. Working at a high speed environment and cleaning as you go, being well prepared everyday for work and learning new things all the time.

It's your typical waitressing job

It's your typical waitressing job, dealing with picky and difficult customers, running around, no breaks, but some of my best memories have been working there and making lifelong friends.

Friendly, warm environment with great food

Much of my role was greeting and seating guests. Most of the time, the guests were very kind and complimentary of the restaurant and service. Some regular guests even ask for specific servers because of the amazing service they provide, and amazing people they are. The restaurant can get quite busy and hectic on Friday and Saturday nights, but the staff and management work well together, and work hard to ensure that every guest gets the best experience! For sure a great place to work.

Pros

Delicious food and great staff

Cons

Hectic pace of work at times

great staff/fun environment

Great staff to work with. Hours of operation were condusive to a work/life balance. Overall a positive work environment. Everyone is focussed on providing a great guest experience with a value driven menu.

Very organized

Training in kitchen, grill and plate for 1 week in Porto Alegre/RS/Brazil. Very nice staff, but a big workload for a small paycheck at the end. Work every weekend.

Challenging yet rewarding place of employment

Great management but not enough staff on. Very heavy work load for minimum compensation. I liked working with a team and the busy nights were a rush.

Coworkers amazing, Boss meh

Worked here for 4-5 years, loved it. Got destroyed on line every Friday and Saturday but that is the nature of this industry. Coworkers are friendly and like a family. Only cons are hours are business determined so if you want full time be the designated opener or closer(nature of hospitality industry). Mid shifts like 4-6 hours. Overall great place to work and make friends.

Pros

Coworkers, management

Cons

Business determined hours

Great staff and decent pay. But management another story

Keep taking things away from employees and you start to take away a reason to work there. Too money hungry. Not enough about the job being done, just enough to save the money. No passion in a place like this. Staff is what makes these kinds of jobs

Pros

Great staff. Good pay for Supervisors and up

Cons

No benefits for Managers. Not willing to work with employees to find solutions.

Great

Fun Energetic place to work. Great staff, easy to learn, and opportunity for all to advance with in the company. Vacation time easy to get and everyone loves there job.

Pros

great

Cons

nothing

Ok for a temp or starter job

Would be great as a starter job/student job but doesn't give enough hours to be a main supporting job. Managers are pretty flexible and easy enough to work with. Culture is typical restaurant.

Working for AppleBees

Good started job for serving and getting the experience one needs to move forward in another field. Co-workers can be very clicky and hard to make work friends.

Pros

50% off lunch

Cons

Lots of standing around waiting for tables.

Work place was good

The management was good. But the internal management is not up to the mark. It has to grow more professional attires with the growth of the industry. The services were satisfactory.

Hard work but good staff

Applebee's has gotten me where I am today, it's a hard days work on your feet but the people are good. There is a certain rush when you get through a crazy busy night, like it's a challenge. The flexibility with about of shifts, hours is great. I always like that if I need extra money it's usually easy to pick up shifts.

Pros

good staff, money is there as a server, able to move up if wanted

Cons

long hours on your feet, can get yelled at by staff/guests

Fun place to work, just not that busy

Applebee's is not what it used to be and has lost its business, and you get sent home more times than you actually start than actually working and making money.

Pros

Great people

Cons

not busy enough

Fun but no advancement. Could be run better.

Fun place to work. Not many advancement opportunities. Seems to care about the company more then employees. Management and upper management don't care about the little guys.

Cons

Productive and fun work place with great management

Applebees's is a job that I've had that I have always been excited to go to. The people that I work with have become my friends, the management is tolerant and always eager to help when required. It is an organized place where everyone works well together. Sometimes it can get so busy that your section will fill up in minutes, but with the experience I have I'm always able to keep up but if I were to ever find myself "in the weeds", I know there is always someone I can turn to for help.

Pros

Team Oriented

Horrible

Work work work work work. All this company expects you to do is work. 6 days a week, 10-12 hours a day! Zero compliments about anything you do. Zero work life balance.

Pros

I will get back to you

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement