Applebee's

Canada123 reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,235 reviews

Good place to learn and grow

Good training, good place to learn and grow. Pay isn’t the best and working late sucks. If you want to learn the basics by the books this is a great restaurant to start at.

Pros

Good training

Good summer job

I had a decent time working here. Most of the staff is great to work with. Its a seasonal job so after the peak season hours slow down . Also it can be a very stressful place when its business.

Insights into Applebee's

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

meh

toxic work environment in regina but the business itself is very nice and reputable. its pretty slow all of the time so sometimes you rely on hours more than tips.

No team

Problem with deaf. They nothing learn it and give us raises wages , they never give me more learn become successful, I don’t like change managers I like stay old one manager , I am not happy with them. Let me go with communication with them and I have lots learn different work and new food

Pros

Free drink pop

Cons

3-4 hours

Poor management

Working at applebees was pretty simple. If the manager liked you, you got hours and you didnt get yelled at and could get away with anything. If they didnt like you however, your hours dropped and you were scrutinized for every detail.

Pros

Fun environment, easy work, good customer service experience

Cons

Have to suck up, poor management, catty environment, no guaranteed hours

Fun place to work

I did not specifically work at Applebee's, my sports team organized a pancake breakfast fundraiser there, but the time that we worked it was very fun and the kitchen staff and servers working alongside with us were very inviting and friendly.

Ok place

Pretty good people, low pay for amount of work you do. Would recommend being a waiter over cook. More consistent hours as waiter and less of a struggle to switch shifts

Pros

People

Bad time

I remember working for this place and disliking it everyday I had to go into that place. The Barrie GM wasn’t a kinda person. Always seem to have problems with employes. And made it stressful. the money to work there was min wage. Why would anyone wanna work in a kitchen and be paid min wage and treated like less than.

Good place to work for your frist job or if your in school

Good place to work if you are in school or just need a second job pretty flexible for hours. management was great and willing to help and teach you the ropes. Can be stressful and fast pace but overall i enjoyed my time there only bad thing i can think of is its a part time minim wage job.

Racist/Sexist/The WORST Owners and Management

Management style is based on fear... fear of being fired, yelled at after a shift (or just in the middle of the restaurant during dinner service), or fear of being given a "bad section" of only 3 tables on your next few shifts because you made them upset.. Don't you dare book off time for a trip or mess up someones order because you will be met with the same aggressive and disrespectful reaction that has NO place in any workplace. Experience: Had random shifts deleted from my timecard? Had to ask to get the hours re entered. Forcing staff members to pay for tables who walkout? No respect or benefits (of any kind) for long term employees.. Yelling, swearing, blaming everyone else, smashing plates (or a vacuum?) The FOOD: all vegetables/potato are microwaved in plastic bags (duh, welcome to chain) but multiple times I watched a manager rinse off cooked chicken wings in the sink because someone put the wrong sauce on them, re-sauce them, and send them out to a table. Multiple times. Enjoy. Workplace culture? Run your butt off so they can't catch you and make you cry

Cons

Racist/sexist management

Challenging yet rewarding place of employment

Great management but not enough staff on. Very heavy work load for minimum compensation. I liked working with a team and the busy nights were a rush.

a lot of work for little pay

you go in for around 3-5 hours and work two food stations while preping food for the night your prep takes about 2-3 hours depending how busy it is. no one stocks at night so its all done in the morning which is more work on top of opening the store. you will be asked to do jobs that you are not supposed to do because its the managers job .it is very unorganized and dirty. you get stuck in the rotation easy and time goes by. i do not recommend working here

Pros

no rules

Cons

short hours, low pay, heavy work load, drama, health, sanity

Great staff and decent pay. But management another story

Keep taking things away from employees and you start to take away a reason to work there. Too money hungry. Not enough about the job being done, just enough to save the money. No passion in a place like this. Staff is what makes these kinds of jobs

Pros

Great staff. Good pay for Supervisors and up

Cons

No benefits for Managers. Not willing to work with employees to find solutions.

Applebbes review

I love the job i have no only am i a dishwasher, the have me doing line and prep. I am starting to notice alot of ups and downs with this place and i still want to work so i am applying for a dishwasher somewhere else with good pay and nice amazing people

Pros

training meals, free drinks, small plate of free fries

Cons

odd and weird hours, longs hours and only supposed to work 8 hours a day

Mediocre workplace held up by only a few shining stars

Whether working in the front or in the kitchen, I disdain heading to work. The actual duties aren't very demanding but a combination of low morale, crunch hours, and a lack of team chemistry among employees make for an unlovable workplace.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Stressful work, low morale, bare bones workforce

Part time Applebees server

As a server your make server wage, unfortunately many people in thunder bay do not tip very well, so to make a good income you must work alot. The management doesnt seem to care about their employess and will find excuses to fire you when they no longer need you, especially if projecting sales are low.

Good workplace .

Enjoyed working here. Wish it wasn't sold and closed down. Overall good company to work for. I learned alot considering it was my first job and I hope to continue in this line of work in a future workplace.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Odd hours

fun environment, not so great food

I loved working her, but be careful of the food. Especially the chicken. Fun people to work with, nice managers, who are easy to get along with, so long as you do your job.

A good place to get experience in the food industry

Was a good experience I have no complaints, if you love cooking then it could be the job for you. If your not interested in cooking but you like the money it may not be the job for you to consider.

Pros

Great working environment

Cons

Short breaks

Team

When I first started out working at Applebee's everyone was patient and helped me learn. I made many friends as well as gained valuable experience working for this company. The management was kind and understanding, giving workers more sifts if they asked. The salary was fair and so were the tips, which were a nice bonus at the end of the week.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Fast Paced and pressure

good

required Overall rating* Job Work/Life Balance Salary/Benefits Job Security/Advancement Management Job Culture The following errors occurred:

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement