Applebee's

Applebee's Management reviews

Canada123 reviews

Clear

Found 50 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,235 reviews

Fun and well-managed place to work

Love working here I've made a lot of friends since I started. Our management's great and they do their jobs and they listen if you need help with something.

Pros

Just about any time you ask off you'll probably get off.

fast-paced, stressful

-fast paces and stressful -unprofessional and abusive language from management -enjoyed supportive coworkers -tips were nice

Insights into Applebee's

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Horrible workplace

management is very under qualified, bartenders are rude, stuck up and inconsistent with quality and speed, the servers are unorganized and flustered when it is busy (rare) It is almost never busy because it is dirty, and they have a bug problem in the back. I would never eat or even drink anything from here and feel terribly sorry for anyone who has digested anything out of this dirty unkept ‘restaurant’

Pros

Leaving the job

Cons

Everything about the place

Poor management

Working at applebees was pretty simple. If the manager liked you, you got hours and you didnt get yelled at and could get away with anything. If they didnt like you however, your hours dropped and you were scrutinized for every detail.

Pros

Fun environment, easy work, good customer service experience

Cons

Have to suck up, poor management, catty environment, no guaranteed hours

Management changed rather often. New employees were made supervisors and even full managers rather than loyal employees who have been there for years. Management tended to be very toxic towards staff. For example, sitting together at a table and talking badly about their employees rather than discussing issues in private. Team moral became very low due to this and many staff members began to leave. Overall most employees began to dread coming in to work because of this.

Very good restaurant for starters!

I absolutely loved working at Applebee’s the staff was like family. We all helped each other out and the management was very understanding when it came to family issues, sick days, and personal days!

great place to work as a low level employee, a lot to be desired as menagment

environment and staff are great. Management of managers is bad .

Applebees reviews

Good food and very high paced environment and the best co workers to meet, I think managers are too stressed out and they snap on regular employees without cause.

Good place to work for your frist job or if your in school

Good place to work if you are in school or just need a second job pretty flexible for hours. management was great and willing to help and teach you the ropes. Can be stressful and fast pace but overall i enjoyed my time there only bad thing i can think of is its a part time minim wage job.

It is a good place to work

I learned here how to do every work in a pace . Management is cooperative.the hardest part of job is that i am the last person working there and therefore you can not judge your total hours in week.

Pros

25% discount to employees and upto 8 people with them

This place sucks

I got fired by a girl that didnt even work at my location for forgeting my pants in my rides vehicle and not being able to get ahold of him to drive the pants back.. She was jealous cause I was good looking.

Bad Head Office

Owner doesn't care about you, and the people that have been there for years. Does the bare minimum as an employer, if you can avoid you should. Wished I did.

My work experience

This was my first job and everyone was super friendly and supportive. Management was amazing and driven to keep the team motivated and at a steady pace.

This is a best one place.

Better Peacefull work place. There is too much cleaning, workers are very kind hearted. Every kind of services are best and management is also best. Every people who come here feel happy.

Pros

give me alot of experience

Cons

nothing

Friendly, warm environment with great food

Much of my role was greeting and seating guests. Most of the time, the guests were very kind and complimentary of the restaurant and service. Some regular guests even ask for specific servers because of the amazing service they provide, and amazing people they are. The restaurant can get quite busy and hectic on Friday and Saturday nights, but the staff and management work well together, and work hard to ensure that every guest gets the best experience! For sure a great place to work.

Pros

Delicious food and great staff

Cons

Hectic pace of work at times

Racist/Sexist/The WORST Owners and Management

Management style is based on fear... fear of being fired, yelled at after a shift (or just in the middle of the restaurant during dinner service), or fear of being given a "bad section" of only 3 tables on your next few shifts because you made them upset.. Don't you dare book off time for a trip or mess up someones order because you will be met with the same aggressive and disrespectful reaction that has NO place in any workplace. Experience: Had random shifts deleted from my timecard? Had to ask to get the hours re entered. Forcing staff members to pay for tables who walkout? No respect or benefits (of any kind) for long term employees.. Yelling, swearing, blaming everyone else, smashing plates (or a vacuum?) The FOOD: all vegetables/potato are microwaved in plastic bags (duh, welcome to chain) but multiple times I watched a manager rinse off cooked chicken wings in the sink because someone put the wrong sauce on them, re-sauce them, and send them out to a table. Multiple times. Enjoy. Workplace culture? Run your butt off so they can't catch you and make you cry

Cons

Racist/sexist management

Challenging yet rewarding place of employment

Great management but not enough staff on. Very heavy work load for minimum compensation. I liked working with a team and the busy nights were a rush.

Coworkers amazing, Boss meh

Worked here for 4-5 years, loved it. Got destroyed on line every Friday and Saturday but that is the nature of this industry. Coworkers are friendly and like a family. Only cons are hours are business determined so if you want full time be the designated opener or closer(nature of hospitality industry). Mid shifts like 4-6 hours. Overall great place to work and make friends.

Pros

Coworkers, management

Cons

Business determined hours

Should only be a temporary job

I have worked at applebees for 3 years. The management has always been the biggest issue for all of me and my coworkers. The managers are men and they are the type to feel the need to display their manliness and dominance by being doing the literal opposite of what anyone else other than another manager suggests. They will make up fake rules out of no where. Example: A customer said the temperature it was too cold, so I turned the thermostat up a couple of degrees. After about two years of controlling the thermostat as I please, I was told by the manager that I must ask his permission to touch the thermostat very matter of factly. I never heard this rule in my existence prior before. This is a mild example but this is how things Would be. Two out of the three of them say really inappropriate things making everyone feel uncomfortable. Wish I could take to HR but if I Google a contact there is literally no information. Co-workers are pretty good and fun people, the are the few bad gals however. Favouritism plays a huge role in the shifts you get, so you better learn how to suck up hard and never slip up or you will have to work your way back up to the top. No breaks, unless you a smoker or vaper in which you can get a few mins to sit outside the back foot on the curb. Don’t get too involved in the drama, just be there to make some money, however little it is. A job at Applebees can only satisfy you if you do have a second or third job. Don’t expect to work here as a career bc you will be very poor

Pros

50% discount

Cons

No breaks, rude managers

Not a great place to work

The work environment is very toxic and hostile. There is a lot of favouritism within the workplace; Some people do not get in trouble for doing anything wrong (texting, being late, harassing others etc) but others will do one thing rarely and get in trouble every time. Management is nice but some are very unprofessional and should not be considered a manager. Just at one workplace there is multiple people whom should be fired for how they act towards other team members but will never get fired due to favouritism. I will never go back and I would NEVER recommend working here to anyone.

Pros

General manager is great

Cons

Everything else, especially co-workers

Not a great environment to work in

I would work in the bar, serve tables and answer the phone, I learned great customer service skills and how to multitask. Management was okay, but they need work on handling certain situations better. The work place culture was toxic, very toxic. Hardest part was to work with my co-workers.Go in get your time, do your job and leave. The most enjoyable part was probably the regulars that came in.

Pros

hours, money

Cons

The staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement