Applebee's

Canada123 reviews

Clear

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,234 reviews

great staff/fun environment

Great staff to work with. Hours of operation were condusive to a work/life balance. Overall a positive work environment. Everyone is focussed on providing a great guest experience with a value driven menu.

Productive and fun working with my partner in prep cook

I work at 11 am until 4 Pm in the afternoon. I learned how to prepared food and make a friends. I manage to wake up and go to work. My workplace culture was fun it's fun because i know now how to manage my time at work. Hardest part of my job was making a Mashed potatoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was preparing food.

Insights into Applebee's

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

My work experience

This was my first job and everyone was super friendly and supportive. Management was amazing and driven to keep the team motivated and at a steady pace.

Racist/Sexist/The WORST Owners and Management

Management style is based on fear... fear of being fired, yelled at after a shift (or just in the middle of the restaurant during dinner service), or fear of being given a "bad section" of only 3 tables on your next few shifts because you made them upset.. Don't you dare book off time for a trip or mess up someones order because you will be met with the same aggressive and disrespectful reaction that has NO place in any workplace. Experience: Had random shifts deleted from my timecard? Had to ask to get the hours re entered. Forcing staff members to pay for tables who walkout? No respect or benefits (of any kind) for long term employees.. Yelling, swearing, blaming everyone else, smashing plates (or a vacuum?) The FOOD: all vegetables/potato are microwaved in plastic bags (duh, welcome to chain) but multiple times I watched a manager rinse off cooked chicken wings in the sink because someone put the wrong sauce on them, re-sauce them, and send them out to a table. Multiple times. Enjoy. Workplace culture? Run your butt off so they can't catch you and make you cry

Cons

Racist/sexist management

Not a great environment to work in

I would work in the bar, serve tables and answer the phone, I learned great customer service skills and how to multitask. Management was okay, but they need work on handling certain situations better. The work place culture was toxic, very toxic. Hardest part was to work with my co-workers.Go in get your time, do your job and leave. The most enjoyable part was probably the regulars that came in.

Pros

hours, money

Cons

The staff

Great

Fun Energetic place to work. Great staff, easy to learn, and opportunity for all to advance with in the company. Vacation time easy to get and everyone loves there job.

Pros

great

Cons

nothing

Ok for a temp or starter job

Would be great as a starter job/student job but doesn't give enough hours to be a main supporting job. Managers are pretty flexible and easy enough to work with. Culture is typical restaurant.

Productive and fun place to work

I really enjoyed working at WCB, they have great management, along with great teams to work with. They strive to help people to move up within the company, and take internal courses. They really love to make sure the team is working as a whole so they do a lot of team building to which is fun. I have no complaints of working within this company as they where nothing but great to me and always understandable when life happened.

Pros

Team Building

fun environment, not so great food

I loved working her, but be careful of the food. Especially the chicken. Fun people to work with, nice managers, who are easy to get along with, so long as you do your job.

good environment

It has been busy day for whole week. However, I enjoyed working over there. I learnt many things during my job. For instance: to manage time, team-spirit and many more.

Pros

50% discount to employers

Cons

less number of hours provided.

best place I work for in Calgary,and south gate\ Michigan

looking for a place in Windsor, ON. just moved here in June last year looking to a place in apple bees family. great bosses. love our food and great service

fun workplace and fair management

Working at Applebee's is enjoyable. the Managment team is proficient an friendly, furthermore, my coworkers are welcoming. I have learned many new customer service skills while working in this industry.

Fun

A great place to work for a first time job. Very good group of people. Exciting place to work. Great atmosphere. Interesting customer interactions. Overall good staff

First server job

Great place to get your feet wet if you're new to restaurants. Fun place to work, guest expectation is pretty laid back - Management there was hit and miss, people loved the Fiesta lime Chicken.

Fun and organized workplace

A typical day at Applebee's is serving customers, cleaning on down time and making sure customers are happy leaving. Management is great! Co-workers are fun and enjoyable to work with!

Pros

Good money

Cons

Short shifts

good

required Overall rating* Job Work/Life Balance Salary/Benefits Job Security/Advancement Management Job Culture The following errors occurred:

Good teamwork

It was a great team to work with. What I learned was that I like working in a fast paced environment and I am great with customers. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with cutlery rolling and setting tables for 18+ guest. The most enjoyable part was just always being busy.

Pros

discounted lunches

Overall good learning experience.

Applebee's was my first job in a restaurant. The management was not very cooperative with staff issues and made it difficult to communicate with them.

Average Workplace

- Awesome co-workers - Sometimes long hours - Great Management - Not guaranteed hours - Love working with everyone there

Pros

Great People

Cons

Long Hours, No Guaranteed Hours

Enjoyable Place to Work

This company was a very enjoyable place to work, the employees got along very well and the company has competitive wages and positions. Unfortunately the management at this specific location were extremely unprofessional and often caused some of the workers to quit or become extremely emotional. The turnover rate was an extremely unattractive attribute of the company.

Pros

Enjoyable coworkers

Cons

Unprofessional management

Applebee's

A typical day at work includes dealing with every day situations such as going the extra mile to please people. I have learned that I am never right regardless of my expertise because the customer is always correct- the reason being is that without a customer, the worker is jobless. The co-workers are out-going and positive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement