Applebee's

Line Cook18 reviews
Canada18 reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,901 reviews
restaurantkitchenfoodnightbusyfriendshiftpretty

Not bad but not good either

In truth working here is not bad, This is dependant on who you work with though. Most cooks are good people that understand team work and will step up to help each other get through the rough times. There is a great deal of good memories with fellow cooks and servers and in truth the people are what makes it. Managers can be a flip of a coin though sadly. There are good ones there that care about their staff but sadly the head company seems to enjoy replacing them with bad ones. Pay is okay but it is very hard to get a raise. One time we where told the new tip out we where getting was going to be our raise. A system that takes a percentage automatically from the servers digital sales. They have on the ad that there is overtime pay. This is a half truth really because head office will ensure that no one gets to overtime if they can. In the 7 years i worked there I have only got overtime maybe twice. One thing to note as well is that you will never be allowed to know when your shift is done. They operate under your start time is this time and your done when we say your done. So often your best to just assume your closing even if you opened.

Pros

Good coworkers, Good hours in the summer

Cons

Expected to stay until told your allowed to go, Low pay, Only get half off food when working.

It's great.

If you want a part-time and only get minimum wage then this place is for you. Co-workers are amazing, management is lackluster. I learned a lot here. I've learned all the stations. If you show them you're willing to learn then they will train you on all stations. But don't expect any big raise.

Insights into Applebee's

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Good place to learn and grow

Good training, good place to learn and grow. Pay isn’t the best and working late sucks. If you want to learn the basics by the books this is a great restaurant to start at.

Pros

Good training

Good summer job

I had a decent time working here. Most of the staff is great to work with. Its a seasonal job so after the peak season hours slow down . Also it can be a very stressful place when its business.

Ok place

Pretty good people, low pay for amount of work you do. Would recommend being a waiter over cook. More consistent hours as waiter and less of a struggle to switch shifts

Pros

People

Applebees reviews

Good food and very high paced environment and the best co workers to meet, I think managers are too stressed out and they snap on regular employees without cause.

Good place to work for your frist job or if your in school

Good place to work if you are in school or just need a second job pretty flexible for hours. management was great and willing to help and teach you the ropes. Can be stressful and fast pace but overall i enjoyed my time there only bad thing i can think of is its a part time minim wage job.

Excellent Management

Time demanding because customers had to be served very fast. Pressure to perform well with speed Very flexible with work hours Potential to have very long work days

fun workplace

great place to make friends and learn about the industry when your starting out. managers are helpful and eager to assist you. hours are good and very little pressure.

Amazing place, Good atmosphere and staff are very nice and co-operative

I joined the Applebee's on Oct 2018 and still I am working there it is that place every day I learn new things and fun to work with co-workers. Applebee's provide tasty and healthy food to their customers and always try to provide better customer services.

a lot of work for little pay

you go in for around 3-5 hours and work two food stations while preping food for the night your prep takes about 2-3 hours depending how busy it is. no one stocks at night so its all done in the morning which is more work on top of opening the store. you will be asked to do jobs that you are not supposed to do because its the managers job .it is very unorganized and dirty. you get stuck in the rotation easy and time goes by. i do not recommend working here

Pros

no rules

Cons

short hours, low pay, heavy work load, drama, health, sanity

It was a good job

Worked on all parts of the kitchen , fry , grill , broil , stock , and also did Manager work on sundays until two or four at night . The yards part of the job would be working alone som nights on all three sides of th kitchen . The most enjoyable would be the employees , I met a lot of great people .

Pros

I had great hours

Cons

Working along some nights

good environment

It has been busy day for whole week. However, I enjoyed working over there. I learnt many things during my job. For instance: to manage time, team-spirit and many more.

Pros

50% discount to employers

Cons

less number of hours provided.

Team

When I first started out working at Applebee's everyone was patient and helped me learn. I made many friends as well as gained valuable experience working for this company. The management was kind and understanding, giving workers more sifts if they asked. The salary was fair and so were the tips, which were a nice bonus at the end of the week.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Fast Paced and pressure

Enjoyable

Cooking for customers warm hot food. I also had the chance to serve tables for the customers. They were polite and it was fun to help customers to enjoy their experience in the restaurant. This was to keep them coming back for the experience again and again. Staff was great to work.

Pros

Amazing staff and customers

Cons

Not any

Fun workplace but few opportunities for career advancement

Worked for the company for 4 years before being laid off due to economic difficulties. Easy going work environment, health and safety retraining every few months. Not an idea place to work if you actually want to grow in the hospitality industry. Tips were pretty bad each week.

Applebee's life

The shift varies from a 9am opening shift, 12pm over dinner, or a 5/6pm close. besides morning prep, setting up the line for service is part of the opening duties. usually two cooks open the line on a normal day. management has changed but I'm not sure for the better, my co-workers are all lovely.

Pros

nice people

Cons

awful hours / awful guests

well organized and great management

well working at applebee's i learnt how to accomplish task even faster in a very high paced environment , management was always on top of the tasks at hand and it made everything more organized and simple.

Line Cook at Applebee's

Estimated salary
$16.32 per hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement