Applebee's

Applebee's Employee Reviews

Canada126 reviews

Found 126 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,824 reviews
restaurantkitchenfoodnightbusyfriendshiftpretty

Fun place to work part time, pay should be higher

This was a good place to work for a first job. I made a lot of friends and learned how to problem solve and succeed in the workforce. The biggest downside is the low pay, but there is a tip pool even if you’re not a server.

Pros

Discounted food, work with your friends, flexible schedule, tip pool

Cons

Some managers are inexperienced, low pay for all the work you do

Great first restaurant job.

excellent first restaurant job. got plenty of experience in all aspects of restaurant, always busy. Management is great and fair. Long time staff that sticks around for a reason.

Insights into Applebee's

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment

It's great.

If you want a part-time and only get minimum wage then this place is for you. Co-workers are amazing, management is lackluster. I learned a lot here. I've learned all the stations. If you show them you're willing to learn then they will train you on all stations. But don't expect any big raise.

Good place to learn and grow

Good training, good place to learn and grow. Pay isn’t the best and working late sucks. If you want to learn the basics by the books this is a great restaurant to start at.

Pros

Good training

Good summer job

I had a decent time working here. Most of the staff is great to work with. Its a seasonal job so after the peak season hours slow down . Also it can be a very stressful place when its business.

fast-paced, stressful

-fast paces and stressful -unprofessional and abusive language from management -enjoyed supportive coworkers -tips were nice

meh

toxic work environment in regina but the business itself is very nice and reputable. its pretty slow all of the time so sometimes you rely on hours more than tips.

Fun and well-managed place to work

Love working here I've made a lot of friends since I started. Our management's great and they do their jobs and they listen if you need help with something.

Pros

Just about any time you ask off you'll probably get off.

Horrible workplace

management is very under qualified, bartenders are rude, stuck up and inconsistent with quality and speed, the servers are unorganized and flustered when it is busy (rare) It is almost never busy because it is dirty, and they have a bug problem in the back. I would never eat or even drink anything from here and feel terribly sorry for anyone who has digested anything out of this dirty unkept ‘restaurant’

Pros

Leaving the job

Cons

Everything about the place

Productive and fun working with my partner in prep cook

I work at 11 am until 4 Pm in the afternoon. I learned how to prepared food and make a friends. I manage to wake up and go to work. My workplace culture was fun it's fun because i know now how to manage my time at work. Hardest part of my job was making a Mashed potatoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was preparing food.

No team

Problem with deaf. They nothing learn it and give us raises wages , they never give me more learn become successful, I don’t like change managers I like stay old one manager , I am not happy with them. Let me go with communication with them and I have lots learn different work and new food

Pros

Free drink pop

Cons

3-4 hours

Poor management

Working at applebees was pretty simple. If the manager liked you, you got hours and you didnt get yelled at and could get away with anything. If they didnt like you however, your hours dropped and you were scrutinized for every detail.

Pros

Fun environment, easy work, good customer service experience

Cons

Have to suck up, poor management, catty environment, no guaranteed hours

They owe me two weeks severance

I worked my butt off and when i was let go no termination notice ir severance I called head office and they said we will look into it I was pooched for e i because i never got an roe and service canada asked for it Am still paying bills from that time...

Pros

Great menu

Cons

They dont pay what they owe when the store closes without notice

Fun place to work

I did not specifically work at Applebee's, my sports team organized a pancake breakfast fundraiser there, but the time that we worked it was very fun and the kitchen staff and servers working alongside with us were very inviting and friendly.

Management changed rather often. New employees were made supervisors and even full managers rather than loyal employees who have been there for years. Management tended to be very toxic towards staff. For example, sitting together at a table and talking badly about their employees rather than discussing issues in private. Team moral became very low due to this and many staff members began to leave. Overall most employees began to dread coming in to work because of this.

Ok place

Pretty good people, low pay for amount of work you do. Would recommend being a waiter over cook. More consistent hours as waiter and less of a struggle to switch shifts

Pros

People

kitchen suypervisor

It was very stupendous and splendid time with that company. i recommend to all my friends. the working experience was very good. all the staff members were co-opertive.

Its a pleasure working with such a good staff and a good boss.

The staff is Good , helpful and friendly. The manager is too good , all the employees are very welcoming . The boss is such a good person. They have a good friendly environment which is good for any new employee who wants to work with this company.

Very good restaurant for starters!

I absolutely loved working at Applebee’s the staff was like family. We all helped each other out and the management was very understanding when it came to family issues, sick days, and personal days!

great place to work as a low level employee, a lot to be desired as menagment

environment and staff are great. Management of managers is bad .

Applebees reviews

Good food and very high paced environment and the best co workers to meet, I think managers are too stressed out and they snap on regular employees without cause.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement