Applebee's

Applebee's Employee Reviews

Found 119 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,568 reviews

meh

toxic work environment in regina but the business itself is very nice and reputable. its pretty slow all of the time so sometimes you rely on hours more than tips.

fast-paced, stressful

-fast paces and stressful -unprofessional and abusive language from management -enjoyed supportive coworkers -tips were nice

Fun and well-managed place to work

Love working here I've made a lot of friends since I started. Our management's great and they do their jobs and they listen if you need help with something.

Pros

Just about any time you ask off you'll probably get off.

Horrible workplace

management is very under qualified, bartenders are rude, stuck up and inconsistent with quality and speed, the servers are unorganized and flustered when it is busy (rare) It is almost never busy because it is dirty, and they have a bug problem in the back. I would never eat or even drink anything from here and feel terribly sorry for anyone who has digested anything out of this dirty unkept ‘restaurant’

Pros

Leaving the job

Cons

Everything about the place

Productive and fun working with my partner in prep cook

I work at 11 am until 4 Pm in the afternoon. I learned how to prepared food and make a friends. I manage to wake up and go to work. My workplace culture was fun it's fun because i know now how to manage my time at work. Hardest part of my job was making a Mashed potatoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was preparing food.

No team

Problem with deaf. They nothing learn it and give us raises wages , they never give me more learn become successful, I don’t like change managers I like stay old one manager , I am not happy with them. Let me go with communication with them and I have lots learn different work and new food

Pros

Free drink pop

Cons

3-4 hours

Poor management

Working at applebees was pretty simple. If the manager liked you, you got hours and you didnt get yelled at and could get away with anything. If they didnt like you however, your hours dropped and you were scrutinized for every detail.

Pros

Fun environment, easy work, good customer service experience

Cons

Have to suck up, poor management, catty environment, no guaranteed hours

They owe me two weeks severance

I worked my butt off and when i was let go no termination notice ir severance I called head office and they said we will look into it I was pooched for e i because i never got an roe and service canada asked for it Am still paying bills from that time...

Pros

Great menu

Cons

They dont pay what they owe when the store closes without notice

Fun but could’ve been better

They hired me right as I walked in the door basically, which was alright but I wish they taught me more about the company and restaurant rather than throwing me in there right away

Fun place to work

I did not specifically work at Applebee's, my sports team organized a pancake breakfast fundraiser there, but the time that we worked it was very fun and the kitchen staff and servers working alongside with us were very inviting and friendly.

Management changed rather often. New employees were made supervisors and even full managers rather than loyal employees who have been there for years. Management tended to be very toxic towards staff. For example, sitting together at a table and talking badly about their employees rather than discussing issues in private. Team moral became very low due to this and many staff members began to leave. Overall most employees began to dread coming in to work because of this.

Ok place

Pretty good people, low pay for amount of work you do. Would recommend being a waiter over cook. More consistent hours as waiter and less of a struggle to switch shifts

Pros

People

kitchen suypervisor

It was very stupendous and splendid time with that company. i recommend to all my friends. the working experience was very good. all the staff members were co-opertive.

Its a pleasure working with such a good staff and a good boss.

The staff is Good , helpful and friendly. The manager is too good , all the employees are very welcoming . The boss is such a good person. They have a good friendly environment which is good for any new employee who wants to work with this company.

Very good restaurant for starters!

I absolutely loved working at Applebee’s the staff was like family. We all helped each other out and the management was very understanding when it came to family issues, sick days, and personal days!

great place to work as a low level employee, a lot to be desired as menagment

environment and staff are great. Management of managers is bad .

Bad time

I remember working for this place and disliking it everyday I had to go into that place. The Barrie GM wasn’t a kinda person. Always seem to have problems with employes. And made it stressful. the money to work there was min wage. Why would anyone wanna work in a kitchen and be paid min wage and treated like less than.

Good place to work for your frist job or if your in school

Good place to work if you are in school or just need a second job pretty flexible for hours. management was great and willing to help and teach you the ropes. Can be stressful and fast pace but overall i enjoyed my time there only bad thing i can think of is its a part time minim wage job.

I really enjoy working with all people and satisfying their needs while maintaining a professional and positive attitude and work ethic.

On a everyday work basis it was normally casual, some days are busier then others of course but for the most part it was a positive work place and all the employees came together as a team to form the best experience for the guests. Through working this job I developed more patients in myself and the work place, which I can appreciate and use now on a daily basis. I think personally the most difficult for me was maybe on certain days I wasn’t feeling the best and trying to maintain good composure, if I needed some air just to take a load off for 5 minutes I would ask and then come back and I would be okay to continue working. The best part I’d say would be getting a better understanding of people and the workplace it’s self and becoming part of a working team, also I’d be lying if I didn’t say the food was so good !! But overall a good working experience. And I am grateful to have had that opportunity.

It is a good place to work

I learned here how to do every work in a pace . Management is cooperative.the hardest part of job is that i am the last person working there and therefore you can not judge your total hours in week.

Pros

25% discount to employees and upto 8 people with them

This place sucks

I got fired by a girl that didnt even work at my location for forgeting my pants in my rides vehicle and not being able to get ahold of him to drive the pants back.. She was jealous cause I was good looking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6K