AppleOne

Canada39 reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,018 reviews
agencyappleplacementsendtempemploymenttemporaryterm

Temporary, Permanent placement

Worked at one company Apple one had sent me too and stayed there for 2 years with no clear indication that the company would ever hire me on full time. Lots of work, easy to move from one place to the next.

Pros

understanding

Cons

low pay

Unprofessional Ghosting Experience

I was hoping my experience was just a one off experience where something went wrong! However, it seems unfortunately many other people have had the same experience with recruiters ghosting you after the onboarding process is complete. Definitely wouldn't waste your time! Never had this experience with any other temp agency.

Insights into AppleOne

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

Avoid this place at all costs

They're liats and scam artists and the work they have when they actually do have work is trash. They will tell you they have work immediately but they never do and will make you wait like you can actually afford to wait.

Toxic and Incompetent

I regret even picking up the phone. worst of the worstdidnt get paid on time or the right amount. They wasted my valuable time and tthat is something you do not get back.

Pros

they desperate to hire

Cons

bad managment, unpaid hours, staff is too lazy to do job properly

Typical agency

It's a typical agency job. If you need the money then I'd recommend it, but if you are more ambitious it's not going to sustain you for the long term.

Pros

Quick money

Cons

Stuck in a vicious cycle of quick money

Not a good temp agency

They take forever to get back to you They won't tell you the name of the company until they send you and then blame you if you don't like that company. And if you haven't bin with them for years they will hold it against you Its very hard to get a hold of them you have to send your time sheet over Facebook or email when the company's should have to send it to them and the time sheet has to be signed if that person is not there then you won't be paid

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

A bad temp agency

Try another Agency

I applied threw indeed with my resume that had my actual address on it and they neglect to mail my check to my proper address.Now my little guy is now what not suppose to eat because of there mistakes.They said the check will have to be returned to sender before they mail another check and can take weeks.This is unacceptable.It show they are in my experience and opinion are neglectful and negligent.

Pros

I have nothing good to say about them

Cons

Dont pay on time

Very good agency

They listen to the clients looking for a job they try and place u with companies based on your skills. Very understanding company. They train you on everything like whimis

temp agency

used this company as a temp agency and was placed long term at a company in Burlington but wasn't able to get full time permanent so I left to find permanent job

productive

nice agency to start the work,As a beginner in the country I got a chance to work as a general labor in TJX , Winners , An apple one was an agency through which I started working.

Enjoyable work environment

Working in a well lit and temperature controlled warehouse. Carrying and relocating boxes in the warehouse. Occasionally unloading trucks and containers. Working alongside very nice people. Co-workers are very friendly as well as bosses.

Pros

Great people

Disappointing

They never respond back to your emails or calls. I think they get paid by how many people they get to sign up. They send you emails about jobs that match your resume and want to meet and discuss the job.I emailed them back about meeting to discuss a time and day to meet twice and never received a response back.

Pros

Send you email about jobs.

Cons

Never respond back .

Treated like trash

When I registered they said they would call and e-mail me that day about a job. They didn't call until late the third day and only gave me a company name and street it was on. Was told they would e-mail the rest but didn't until the next day when I was already at work. Good thing I had the foresight to look up the exact address myself. Furthermore the job was not what I was told, instead I was made to do something else that damaged my hands. I just lasted over a week and not once did AppleOne call or e-mail to see how it was going. Cold, uncaring and less than honest. So take your chances if you wish to roll the dice.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

You make them money and thats it

Official response from AppleOne

28 December 2018
We am very disappointed to hear about your experience with AppleOne. From your description, it sounds like there was an issue with our service standards, and we did not live up to our “hiring made human” approach.When presenting a temporary assignment to a potential candidate, in addition to running through the requirements of the position, we issue a written confirmation of assignment. This email not only confirms the summary of job duties, but also details such as the company address, location, hours of work, pay rate, and our contact information in the event that there are any discrepancies. It sounds like this information did not get to you. We are very concerned that your hands were damaged while on the assignment. Before AppleOne works with any client partners, our in-house health and safety team conducts a thorough client site inspection to ensure all of our client environments are safe. AppleOne has a very strict policy: we will not consider any assignment that puts our candidates’ safety at risk. Additionally our temporary associate on boarding process requires all of our temporary associates to report any and all unsafe acts, conditions, and potential hazards to their supervisor immediately.Again, we apologize for leaving you with the impression that we are “uncaring and less than honest.” This is completely opposite the experience we try to create for the thousands of temporary associates we work with. If you would be open to discussing your feedback further, we would like to hear from you. Please contact Shannon, our Area Manager for Hamilton, (905) -

No comment

You go in and do paperwork and safety tests if it's labour jobs and if it's office you do office work tests and a whmis test for both labour or office work. Once that's done they find you something to match your skill set. It was good but now it's seems there is no work.

Pros

Flexable hours

Cons

Early starts in the morning

The agency that sent me was lied to.

My employment agent who sent me wasn't aware of my true role compared to what I was told. The role was more difficult than my Employment said. Dirty environment to work in.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Bad shifts !

decent place

decent but dont agree with alot of rules in regards to absence etc.. when you have children or can be sick yourself, your not aloud to be and have to be at work spreading your germs.

this agency have some of the best companies you can work to

i learned a lot of jobs cause they send you to different companies. the workers are very helpful and knowledgeable. the hardest part of the job is when you begin to like the job they send you to other companies it;s like you don't have a chance to get hired permanently

Pros

they have good companies to send workers

Cons

the chance of getting hired full time is slim

Simple staffing agency

Simple staffing agency gets the job done. Employees at the agency are nice and helpful. Can usually find work within a few weeks. The actual job sites themselves can unfortunately treat your fairly poorly sometimes.

Pros

Quick Work

Cons

Poor pay, zero chance of full time hire or advancment, extreamly physically demanding

Very Helpful

Great places to work at, and the staff is very helpful on finding you work. I had a great time doing business with Apple One. Very flexible with clients.

Pros

Flexibility, Helpful.

Cons

Sometimes no work for weeks, Low rates.

Well managed, equitable pay, variety of opportunities

Well managed company that provided its clients/employees with equitable positions within a variety of industries. Personally, allowed me to quickly find a job that allowed for me to earn an income and focus my efforts on applying for school.

god company to work for when they have work for you

ive worked for them on and off for two yrs and well there was never a lot of work and a lot of arguing to get work, when there was work they made sure you got paid even when there was an occasional error in your pay.

Pros

there is a oaycheck at the end of each week.

Cons

lack off work, non flexible to work with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AppleOne. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement