Apple Management reviews

Found 78 reviews matching the search See all 6,588 reviews
Not a happy place
Cassandra SOLR SPARK SCALA (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara County, CA30 October 2018
Work 60 hours get paid 40. Extreme unreasonable pressure from management for task requirements in order to ensure you continue working hours you don't get paid. Not a happy place.
Pros
average salary
Cons
just about everything else
Good place for singles to work
Genius Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 October 2018
I absolutely loved this job, in all of my positions there. The environment is one where you can absolutely thrive but best if you have no family or outside obligations as in extreme fairness, they will not work to accommodate you for fear of offending your peers.
Really helped me grow
Full-time Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2018
I was with Apple for almost 4 years. I worked as a Specialist for 2.5 years and had the opportunity to relocate in another province to work as Technical Specialist where I worked for a year.

Hardest part of the job was conflict management where it affected my mental health but management reached out to me in my second store and they offered to put me in more training for conflict management and it helped me so well to grow as a person personally and professionally.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day interaction with people from all over the world and hearing their stories.

I had to quit so I can travel but I would love to come work for Apple again in the future.
Pros
Good starting pay, opportunity for advancement, personal and professional growth
Cons
Some managers pick favorites, stressful customers
Very Poor Culture
Expert (Sales Floor Leader) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 August 2018
This company does not care about your actual job performance at all. Everything revolves around" their culture". The managers are really inexperienced and juvenile. Management likes to look for problems and gossip about staff to other staff and management. This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The pay is good. But it is not worth the harassment.
Pros
Pay/hours
Cons
management/culture/policies/job evaluations
Great Benefits and Pay
- Expect to work weekends
- Valued by management
Fantastic Company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
One of the greatest companies to work for. From store level management to corporate level management, everyone has the same vision for the company.

Employee satisfaction is one of their main priorities.

Workplace culture is like non other, you meet so many people from all different walks of life.
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 May 2018
Days were spent being ridiculed and harassed by customers. Management preferred to push internal problems under the rug instead of dealing with them as they stated they would and fired employees that actually wanted to do their job and make a difference.
Decent pay without experience
N/A (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 May 2018
Pros:
The pay is good for little or no experience.
You won't find nicer colleagues.
The gym benefit is comparable to others in the market.
The benefits for health care and medical are great.
Education benefits are offered. *So long as the manager approves of them and grades are achieved; however, I've heard of others being denied this opportunity by the manager and it not being grade-related.

Cons:
You're on your feet all day in a brightly lit store with recirculated air.
Full-time employees must have open availability. This means lack of work/life balance. Family obligations are not seen as a reason to have scheduled time off.
You may work six or seven days in a row. Imagine being in the stores for that many days in a row during the holidays.
Hours may be changed at a moments notice at the store leader's discretion.
Changes in management (much like anywhere else) drastically affect the status quo. It may be challenging for front line managers, but the store employees deal directly with future and existing customers. Keeping those employees happy is detrimental to the company's ecosystem.
Amazing workplace
Apple Genius (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 April 2018
Great workplace.

Management was poor, and the turn over rate for new hiries was weekly. so that made team work very hard.

work enivroment was great most of my employees that lasted were amazing people and to this day i am friends with them. learn lots.
Pros
learning lots about new technology on a daily basis
Cons
management.
Awesome workplace
Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  County Cork9 February 2018
Lots of benefits, great work hours, lots of discounts, the management really is taking care of their employees, Salary is good as well, own medical staff. Simply great.
Pros
Own Medical facilities, gym, a lot of benefits...
Cons
Too much rain in Ireland
Overrated
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 February 2018
After about 6 months of working for Apple, you start to realize its just another retail store at its core. Appears nice on the outside, far from it on the inside. Heavy favouritism from management, poor scheduling & overworked staff. You think a company this rich can invest in a decent break room? Instead- its a cold & sterile white room shared with a receiving area that has one table and a sink, hard plastic white chairs you can't even be comfortable in. Everyone walking around fake smiling and pretending to be SO happy and always clapping at just about anything a manager says just so they can get noticed.
It's not all bad beyond that. If you are a fan of Apple devices, then the interactions with customers are genuinely fun, and the days fly by. You will learn a lot of skills based of the sheer number of people you talk to every day. If you can handle through the insane amount of traffic, (good luck at Christmas) and if you can deal with fake management, then you may enjoy it.
Pros
Full benefits, Good discounts, Days go quick
Cons
Poor management, No work life balance, Mentally Stressful
Very rewarding beneficial job. Candidates must be confident and emotionally strong.
Sales Associate and Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 February 2018
Apple is a great company to work for. The benefits are insane for part time employees. I wouldn't suggest this job to someone who is struggling with their identity or who has problems when facing adversity.
Benefits
Cons
Emotional exhaustion
My experence
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
overall my experience at Apple was good. There were times when it took a toll on my personal life, due to the demands of the business and from the management giving a hard time with work life balance.
Pros
great way to build a network of people and a second family
Cons
clients and staff are demanding on personal and work life
Relaxing atmosphere, teamwork encouraged and expected
Channel Account Executive, Quebec and Maritimes (Former Employee) –  Canada wide31 October 2017
Great working amongst departments
Management demanding on results and accountability (a good thing)
Creativity is encouraged
Decision making process can be slow
Many learning experiences
Pros
Great products. Awesome working with creative people.
Cons
Competition within
fantastic
Specialist, technical specialist. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2017
Apple provides a fantastic environment to work in . The staff and management are fantastic. The management is flexible and understanding.
There is plenty of room to progress and grow.
The people are great, but stressful
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 August 2017
The people you work with are great and make you feel supported and welcome. However the job is very high stress and demands that you are fully invested in the company. This can not be treated as just a job, you are expected to eat, sleep and live Apple all the time.
Pros
good benefits and respect work life balance
Cons
stressful, impatient customers, extreme level of commitment
An excellent work environment and wonderful benefits
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 August 2017
Apple as a company cares about its employees and will do whatever it takes to help when help is asked. It is never boring and an excellent place to learn new skills. Management changes from store to store however and will highly influence how you enjoy working there.
Pros
benefits, special events
Cons
managers can make it hard
Not what it used to be.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 August 2017
Apple - as a company - remains an absolutely phenomenal institution that pushes human kind to chase our passions and do better by our planet.
Apple Retail in Quebec is not what it used to be.
Bathrooms are always clean.
I learned a lot about people and what causes them stress.
I also learned how to help alleviate that stress - listening.
Culture change
Genius (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2017
I worked there for 6 years and I saw the culture drastically change for the worse in that time. The stores were run like a family and were very fun to work in. All these changes to a platform that wasnt broken were taken to imporve but didnt really do much
Apple Retail... Same as any retail
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 July 2017
Nothing special. You can do 1 of 3 things... Sell, tech support or management. No room to move to corporate. Management is very selective on who they like and dislike. Salary is good. Good health benefits. Don't expect a rewarding career.
Pros
Health, Dental, Stocks, High pay for what you do
Cons
Management, Retail, Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2