Apple Employee Reviews

goodgood
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 June 2018
good place to work , friendly
bonus and you can do over time
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 May 2018
Days were spent being ridiculed and harassed by customers. Management preferred to push internal problems under the rug instead of dealing with them as they stated they would and fired employees that actually wanted to do their job and make a difference.
Decent pay without experience
N/A (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 May 2018
Pros:
The pay is good for little or no experience.
You won't find nicer colleagues.
The gym benefit is comparable to others in the market.
The benefits for health care and medical are great.
Education benefits are offered. *So long as the manager approves of them and grades are achieved; however, I've heard of others being denied this opportunity by the manager and it not being grade-related.

Cons:
You're on your feet all day in a brightly lit store with recirculated air.
Full-time employees must have open availability. This means lack of work/life balance. Family obligations are not seen as a reason to have scheduled time off.
You may work six or seven days in a row. Imagine being in the stores for that many days in a row during the holidays.
Hours may be changed at a moments notice at the store leader's discretion.
Changes in management (much like anywhere else) drastically affect the status quo. It may be challenging for front line managers, but the store employees deal directly with future and existing customers. Keeping those employees happy is detrimental to the company's ecosystem.
Amazing company that recognize inclusivity and diversity.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2018
Must be willing to work on weekends and holidays.
Shift varies from 5 hours to 9 hours per day.
Great job to meet students flexibility and other jobs .
Hires people with a disability in the retail stores
Pros
Excellent employee benefits as part time / full time
Cons
Lack of hours after the Christmas season
They will bring out your best
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
I worked in a very busy store, but it was never unmanageable. Their selection process is tough, so if you make it, you know you are working with great people from the start.
Fantastic team atmosphere and great support structure, I learnt something new everyday and the whole experience made me want to work at my best whenever I was there.
It was definitely a job where it was about growing as a person, more so than being a technician or geek.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, many benefits, hard work is rewarded
Cons
Prepare for people not to understand why you love it so much. It is not "working in a shop"
Productive and a Family-type environment
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Malton, ON4 May 2018
I have had the pleasure of working at Red Apple Stores for over a year and I have enjoyed the friendly-well balanced atmosphere they provide to perform my job well.
Amazing workplace
Apple Genius (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 April 2018
Great workplace.

Management was poor, and the turn over rate for new hiries was weekly. so that made team work very hard.

work enivroment was great most of my employees that lasted were amazing people and to this day i am friends with them. learn lots.
Pros
learning lots about new technology on a daily basis
Cons
management.
Great company to work for, few flaws.
Technical specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 April 2018
If you ever have a chance to work at Apple you will experience amazing benefits, good salaries and great coworkers. The culture at Apple is very strict, and Tim Cook really drives for success and results from all his employees. The best part of working for Apple is you get a chance to work with so many great individuals that are very unique.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Retail hours
Typical Call Center Environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 April 2018
Talking to customers was mostly pleasant. The hours were the worst (afternoon shifts). Pay was not equal to the amount of work required.

Hardest part was dealing with incredibly short break times and the bed bugs in the office.
Challenging and enriching environment
Store Leader / General Manager (Former Employee) –  Quebec7 April 2018
Very rewarding experience. Opportunities to grow in role, work on special projects, and make a difference. Good team work. High pressure and competetive
Pros
Great salary and benefits, Lots of training and development.
Cons
Long hours, stressful, intense atmosphere.
A company that cares
Technician/Genius/Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 April 2018
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment where you will have an opportunity to learn about new hardware and software technologies this is a place for you. The pay is competitive but a lot is demanded in return. Overall fair work environment
Productive and knowledgable work place
TECHNICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Phillipines21 March 2018
its a kind of work that i always got a lot of information and develop my skills in every day work.this is the type of work that i enjoy because i meet different people and also travel.
Pros
team building
Cons
travel
Free Work Shop
Spécialiste - Expert (Former Employee) –  carrefour laval19 March 2018
The Store would offer free work shop on IOS devices . Everyday we had to promote and assist client on how to register for a work Shop . Also assist clients with technical question on IOS devices and also other apple products like software and hardware . The store are split in sections Genius bar for technical support , family room to assist the children and parents on defining they needs and also of parental control information on how to protect they kids while using IOS devices by creating a Apple ID to be able to connect to App Store application . In overall a beautiful ambiance while working .
Pros
free lunches
Diverse Company
Expert/Business Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2018
Its always a learning experience working at the Apple Store. Everyday there are things you learned not just with your colleges but also from the people you meet along the way. From the benefits to the extra perks you get from the company, couldn't asked for more in this company.
Benefits
Dynamic Fast Paced Environment
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 March 2018
Your typical day as a sales professional at Apple would begin with a short store meeting to inform staff about new changes, upcoming promotions, and various ongoing developments. Throughout the day, you would be assisting customers in discovering what Apple product was the best fit for them, all while making their experience in the store transformational instead of just transactional. I was also a technician and workshop instructor within the store. This meant I would diagnose an array of issues with customers' mobile devices, and teach Apple software workshops to groups of 10 or more people. The part of this job I enjoyed the most was fostering personal relationships with customers and working in an environment that required you to be continually learning.
Pros
Great benefits
Fast-paced learning environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montreal12 March 2018
Fast-paced learning environment with a good team.

Job allows you to have a good work-life balance

Hardest part of the job is being pulled in many directions by managers and customers while still exercising your personal judgement and standing your ground
Very good
Consultant (Current Employee) –  canada8 March 2018
Good day , I am passionate about apple products and new information technologies. Indeed, I graduated from a major university as a computer engineer with honors. I accumulate several years of experience in the field that it is in the administration of the systems and applications and the networks. I am looking for a position where I can exploit all my knowledge. Do not hesitate to contact for more information Thank you to study my candidate because I like working with apple and apple products.
Pros
IT consultant
Apple Care
Certified Mac and iOS Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 February 2018
- Great place to work
- I was an instructor teaching all age and tech level individuals on how to troubleshoot Mac computers and iOS devices.
- One of the biggest challenges in this job was adapting to all the different learning styles, but it was on that I rose up to and graduated all my advisors with an 85-90% retention rate.
Apple culture bad, management poor.
Technician and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2018
For a company that was built on thinking different, they failed to hire managers that understood or supported this concept.

While I love Apple's approach and innovation, it was very hard to find support within the company for opportunities to grow.
Pros
Keep in touch with technology
Cons
Retail
Awesome workplace
Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  County Cork9 February 2018
Lots of benefits, great work hours, lots of discounts, the management really is taking care of their employees, Salary is good as well, own medical staff. Simply great.
Pros
Own Medical facilities, gym, a lot of benefits...
Cons
Too much rain in Ireland