Apple Self Storage

Apple Self Storage Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Stable Wages and benefit program
As an employee of Apple, we were in charge of overseeing all facility activities from customer service, inventory management, and generating daily financial reports to managing tenant accounts for all our customers, including auctions and all other self-storage related tasks.
Fun Workplace
A typical day at Apple Storage are collecting payment, answering email, giving tours, renting and moving out tenants. Management is great , best management team i've worked with.
Little hours, boring work.
The best part about the job was the monthly bonuses if the store made the targets set by the higher ups. However for the lowly part-timer that's based on previous pays. Very little hours which makes it hard to learn everything that comes up. Very chaotic and little hours at the current location hiring. Also, job is VERY boring. You basically sit there and do nothing most of the day. It gets old quick.
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
Little hours
One of the Best employments I've ever had
* Owned by Canadian family
* Stellar focus on staff

* Phenomenal management

* Yearly reviews...be fully engaged & there is room for advancement when available.
Pros
Treated respectfully, supported & great benefits
Cons
Manager position does occasionally involve overtime.
Very Poor Management
Position: Building maintenance at two locations throughout the week.
● Prepare site for opening to the public. Dispose of garbage. Clean front office and all public areas

and washrooms. Maintain floors, elevators and all common areas. Clean locker units removing all

garbage left over from tenants.

● Fix all roll up door closures. Cut locks on units.

● Maintain all lights in the building. Replace ballasts on lighting systems. Maintain parking lot areas

during summer, fall and winter. Shovel snow, salt common areas in the winter.

● All types of maintenance duties as required.

I would no longer work for this company or any of the managers. It is a negative environment without consideration to employees.
Cons
Pot Luck Xmas Party each year
Great hours but no advancement
I worked a short period due to getting pregnant. I liked my job very much there because it worked well with my life schedule but there was no place for advancements since there is only 2 people working there (myself and the manager) meaning I couldn't get benefits or paid vacation.
Pros
Great hours and staff
Cons
no benefits or advancement
Understaffed and Low Pay
The customers are the joy in the job. Being able to assist people thru difficult times is rewarding. Managers are required to be on call 24/7 and cover all hours when staff leave. There is minimum support staff and input is not valued. Sense of low long term job security and poor work life balance.
Pros
Good ability to gain customer service skills
Cons
understaffed and low pay
Apple Self Storage
Apple Self Storage is a company that values a high standard of quality customer service. In day to day operations I liaise with customers regarding sales, reservations, general inquires, insurance policy changes, complaints and comments via telephone, email and in person. I investigate and resolve client complaints regarding insurance coverage, billing, debt recovery and leasing while maintaining meticulous documentation practices and client record keeping.
Pros
Positive Co-Workers
Cons
Low Wage
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Apple Self Storage?
Management should inform the employees what is going on & from what I'm told there's 2 employees here 4 yrs with no pay increase?
This is a productive and fun place to work but with all the changes from one owner to another the job security is up in the air and they have not told the employees here if we still have a job at the end of the week.
Pros
You don't work later then 6 pm.
Cons
Can't leave to take lunch
great
fantastic - love the company. Great staff, great people. Hours are a little long. Give benefits, are very very good to their employees.
good work place
Good work place, supervisors were easy to talk to. Customers usually were going through tough times but we helped ease the pain and some customers were just putting they stuff away.
Cons
staying after hours because of late clients
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Self Storage. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5