Apple Express

Working at Apple Express: 36 Apple Express Reviews

Canada36 reviews

Insights into Apple Express

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Was friendly

I work as contact delivery I try to permanently work in wheelhouse it takes time to get answer during that time was getting slow the delivery and I quit

Pros

Netting

Cons

Worst company to work for

I have worked here as a driver before. I also had former experience as a driver from other companies. By far this company will be the worst out of all companies tat I worked for In my life. They will give you always always late notice for the job ( on the day 5am!!! Or after) You will take 50 packages with over 100 km (wasting gas and time ) You will go to hard long routes because others are already taken. You will work 3 days a week most likely(Its disgusting they say it's full time when it's not) Management is work of all seriously They don't care drivers here at all ( I mean it ) If you still wanna give it try, do it and experience yourself. I am still working in this field and I'm so relieved I'm done here

Great Environment

I was working as an IT intern for a couple of months and my time there was amazing. I learned a lot because the team was so supporting that they were assigning me jobs for me to learn. The environment was great and I couldn't have asked for any better place to start my IT career!

Pros

Free lunches, great team, job security

Cons

Can't think of anything

***avoid this company***

This company lacks communication, structure, management, respect. The fact this company has lasted as long is shocking. They over promise and under deliver. Their programs are outdated and not user friendly. They have NO training or training manuals, if you think you can reach out to head office for assistance you'll be sadly mistaken... you're better off going to your local pet store and buying live crickets to listen to! They do not provide the tools or resources to do your job properly. You are just a body to them that can be easily replaced!

Pros

Cons

Daily headaches, poor management

Not a great place to work

Good for part time but now good for long time carrier goals. Supervisors aren't that supportive and Infact they had very little knowledge in operations

Company that's partner with you

As a new person into Canada and wanted to work as independent person it was the perfect place. You are able to work at your pace and learn new places in Canada and meet every class of people who are so friendly, and welcoming to you. Staff is helpful in terms training, problem solving issues and consistent reliable with information to assist

Pros

Meeting people and see different parts of Canada

Great place!

I would highly recommend working with this company! Great management, work at your own pace, can be fast paced depending on amount of delivery’s for that day. Good commission/wages!

Was an okay job enjoyed the customers I met doing medical deliveries

For the most part it was a good job. While they had a couple of good managers, the manager I worked with at the end was not skilled in handling his people I would call, leave a message , email or try to talk to other to get a response from this manager but it would take him 3 weeks to get back to me when I did need help answering a question and only after he had several dispatchers try to answer the question only a manger could. But when he needed something from me I was bombarded with calls from him and everyone else telling me he wanted to talk. Not okay learn some respect for your people’s time.

Challanging

We have a challenging situation in apple express and we were payeed very less.so,i decided to work with other companies and wanted to experience the work senario of there

Horrible supervisor with no management skills whatsoever.

Avoid this company. Very moody female supervisor and goes through staff like socks. Should never be in management and enjoys bullying the warehouse workers and drivers as well. Takes advantage of everybody and a real control freak. Don’t waste your time on this company.

productive

the work culture was good, supervisors had time train you if additional training is needed and the overall work ethic is great. work was fun. i really enjoy my time while working at apple express it was unfortunately that i decided to move forward in search of a new skills and work experience

A serious workplace.

Stressful because of traffic, weather conditions, vehicle problems (you drive your own for deliveries), customer issues. A good job for someone who is retired, wants to interact with other, mostly elderly people.

Fast pace environment

Fast pace environment, working independently as your own boss while on the road. Must take photos of each drop off location and package. Must have a reliable vehicle.

Don't work here!

Save yourself and don't work for a company that doesn't have your best interest or their own for that matter. Lack of planning and complete disorganization and no one collaborates with each other. Surprised that it is still running.

Pros

Cons

Disorganized and no long term strategy or planning

A Typical Job

Job is very quite and loaded will never leave you doing nothing, my position was great timed. I will definitely work there again if I'm offered a part-time job is my time of need right now.

Best place to work in

For the brokers it is nice opportunity to make a reasonable income by joining Apple Express. Be good to and sensible to admin they will assist you alot.

Easy going and friendly environment

I have worked at Apple Express for a number of years. The company has gone through many changes over the years. We are now making much better money than I have made at any other courier company. Drivers are very busy and we all make a good living. Management treats us fairly and respectfully. Very low turnover now, but you need to be willing to work hard because there is lots of work. I go home with at least $2000 in my pocket every two weeks but some of the drivers who work harder can make over 3k every 2 weeks. I was surprised the first pay was held back a couple weeks, but later found out this is typical. When I was having difficulty with particular orders and confused, I was able to ask for help. Also when I needed time off to visit an sick relative the management was very understanding. When I had problem I could go to manager and talk about what to do different. If you are able to work well without supervision, they will treat you very fairly. Some drivers have come and they have caused problems and are not reliable, then complain when management gives work to others because you don't show up. If you work well they will make sure you get lots of work. Hours are very punctual.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

sometimes too much work.

***Warning***do not work for this company

I can't believe this place is even allowed to operate like they do. I worked there during the summer and it was nothing short of a complete circus. First off, there is zero communication between any management and couriers. They will throw extra work at you and force you to do it or else they won't give you your routes. When you calculate it, the pay is extremely poor for the hours, stress, gas it consumes, and burden it takes on your car. If you make any mistakes its out of your pay and expect 100 calls and harassment for what is sometimes completely out of your control. Their app you have to use is from prehistoric times and messes up all the time. You get wrong addresses constantly. There were a few good people who worked for them but in the end it did not make up for the harassment I put up for for months. Most of all their pharmaceutical delivery service which they force you to do because no one wants to do it, is the most ethically disgusting work I've ever had to deal with. Unrealistic delivery times, poor treatment from the pharmacies and apple express, the pay ended up being almost half minimum wage some days when deliveries were on the other side of town. This company probably has no navigation experience in your town either so they expect deliveries to be on time regardless of traffic and construction. I destroyed myself and a car for this company and in the end they treated me like dirt and deducted pay for 2 packages no one was ever able to locate but were assumed my responsibility. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

Pros

nothing

Cons

just about everything

Company says one thing and does another

Work in the warehouse was typical, and generally enjoyable. Supervisor was horrible, local management just as bad, and corporate preferred to act like we didn't exist. People who work for this company are expendable and easily replaceable as far as they're concerned.

I like it here

I have been here many years and everyone that comes to work and does their job is happy. Nice people and made lots of friends here.I just wish other people would come to work every day and just do the work.

Pros

Great place for people who want to do their jobs

Cons

Some people just complain

Gave me a chance when no other companies did

Most of the warehouse are looking for experience people to hire. But Apple Express hired me and gave me a chance to work and show what I can do. The supervisors are very nice and very patience. Apple Express gave me the experience I need to work on a warehouse environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement