Apple Express

Apple Express Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
For the most part it was a good job. While they had a couple of good managers, the manager I worked with at the end was not skilled in handling his people I would call, leave a message , email or try to talk to other to get a response from this manager but it would take him 3 weeks to get back to me when I did need help answering a question and only after he had several dispatchers try to answer the question only a manger could. But when he needed something from me I was bombarded with calls from him and everyone else telling me he wanted to talk. Not okay learn some respect for your people’s time.
As a new person into Canada and wanted to work as independent person it was the perfect place.
You are able to work at your pace and learn new places in Canada and meet every class of people who are so friendly, and welcoming to you.

Staff is helpful in terms training, problem solving issues and consistent reliable with information to assist
Pros
Meeting people and see different parts of Canada
I would highly recommend working with this company! Great management, work at your own pace, can be fast paced depending on amount of delivery’s for that day. Good commission/wages!
We have a challenging situation in apple express and we were payeed very less.so,i decided to work with other companies and wanted to experience the work senario of there
Avoid this company. Very moody female supervisor and goes through staff like socks. Should never be in management and enjoys bullying the warehouse workers and drivers as well. Takes advantage of everybody and a real control freak. Don’t waste your time on this company.
the work culture was good, supervisors had time train you if additional training is needed and the overall work ethic is great. work was fun. i really enjoy my time while working at apple express it was unfortunately that i decided to move forward in search of a new skills and work experience
Stressful because of traffic, weather conditions, vehicle problems (you drive your own for deliveries), customer issues.
A good job for someone who is retired, wants to interact with other, mostly elderly people.
Fast pace environment, working independently as your own boss while on the road. Must take photos of each drop off location and package. Must have a reliable vehicle.
Save yourself and don't work for a company that doesn't have your best interest or their own for that matter. Lack of planning and complete disorganization and no one collaborates with each other. Surprised that it is still running.
Pros
Cons
Disorganized and no long term strategy or planning
Job is very quite and loaded will never leave you doing nothing, my position was great timed. I will definitely work there again if I'm offered a part-time job is my time of need right now.
For the brokers it is nice opportunity to make a reasonable income by joining Apple Express.
Be good to and sensible to admin they will assist you alot.
I have worked at Apple Express for a number of years. The company has gone through many changes over the years. We are now making much better money than I have made at any other courier company. Drivers are very busy and we all make a good living. Management treats us fairly and respectfully. Very low turnover now, but you need to be willing to work hard because there is lots of work. I go home with at least $2000 in my pocket every two weeks but some of the drivers who work harder can make over 3k every 2 weeks.

I was surprised the first pay was held back a couple weeks, but later found out this is typical.

When I was having difficulty with particular orders and confused, I was able to ask for help. Also when I needed time off to visit an sick relative the management was very understanding. When I had problem I could go to manager and talk about what to do different.

If you are able to work well without supervision, they will treat you very fairly. Some drivers have come and they have caused problems and are not reliable, then complain when management gives work to others because you don't show up. If you work well they will make sure you get lots of work.

Hours are very punctual.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
sometimes too much work.
I can't believe this place is even allowed to operate like they do. I worked there during the summer and it was nothing short of a complete circus. First off, there is zero communication between any management and couriers. They will throw extra work at you and force you to do it or else they won't give you your routes. When you calculate it, the pay is extremely poor for the hours, stress, gas it consumes, and burden it takes on your car. If you make any mistakes its out of your pay and expect 100 calls and harassment for what is sometimes completely out of your control. Their app you have to use is from prehistoric times and messes up all the time. You get wrong addresses constantly. There were a few good people who worked for them but in the end it did not make up for the harassment I put up for for months. Most of all their pharmaceutical delivery service which they force you to do because no one wants to do it, is the most ethically disgusting work I've ever had to deal with. Unrealistic delivery times, poor treatment from the pharmacies and apple express, the pay ended up being almost half minimum wage some days when deliveries were on the other side of town. This company probably has no navigation experience in your town either so they expect deliveries to be on time regardless of traffic and construction. I destroyed myself and a car for this company and in the end they treated me like dirt and deducted pay for 2 packages no one was ever able to locate but were assumed my responsibility. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.
Pros
nothing
Cons
just about everything
Work in the warehouse was typical, and generally enjoyable. Supervisor was horrible, local management just as bad, and corporate preferred to act like we didn't exist. People who work for this company are expendable and easily replaceable as far as they're concerned.
I have been here many years and everyone that comes to work and does their job is happy. Nice people and made lots of friends here.I just wish other people would come to work every day and just do the work.
Pros
Great place for people who want to do their jobs
Cons
Some people just complain
Most of the warehouse are looking for experience people to hire. But Apple Express hired me and gave me a chance to work and show what I can do. The supervisors are very nice and very patience. Apple Express gave me the experience I need to work on a warehouse environment.
Hand sanitizer was leaking in a box and spilled on me, the nurses smelled alcohol and reported me as drinking on the job at 9pm. The same evening I had an interview at the rcmp detachment and everything was well and they didn’t have a problem. Also had myself tested at 10:30pm and results were negative but the company mgmt upheld the nurses decisions.

They will expect you to be at 5 places at the same time. If you can’t do it, you are considered a risk to the company and you’ll ultimately be written up.

Final straw was when my employment was terminated with no notice and no valid reason given which was contrary to the clauses stated in the contract of employment. Contract of employment stated 1 week notice with valid reason will be given prior to termination of an employee.

Work culture: your seniors will expect you to cover for them time and time again in addition to doing your shifts but when you have a dire emergency like death on family or car accident, you’ll be expected to do your job still without incident or you’ll be ultimately on the written up list.

Management will call you at random hours of the night while everyone is in bed to question you about invoices and manifests and times and dates and if you can’t answer right away because you just woke up, they will hold that against you as if you are lying or hiding something.

Better to avoid this company totally. Surprised they are still in business.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Plenty to write a book
The team of logistic coordinators work together in a cohesive unit and the workplace culture is very warm. I single handedly took on a major project which gave me the confidence to work independently and develop new projects in the future.
the place is very mismanaged and always changing your wo'rk.But we manage to do our job on our own.My supervisor doesn't really know the job and would not be a big help to you.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not happy with the management
good work environment but politics is the main reason of my quitting decision. staff are working there foe so so long and they don't allow any new employee to grow.
Our Typical day at work is basically regular busy day. Working on auditing pre invoices work and answering customer calls for daily runs. Management work is also great.
Pros
monthly Lunch's
Cons
N/a