Apple Express Employee Reviews

***Warning***do not work for this company
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 October 2018
I can't believe this place is even allowed to operate like they do. I worked there during the summer and it was nothing short of a complete circus. First off, there is zero communication between any management and couriers. They will throw extra work at you and force you to do it or else they won't give you your routes. When you calculate it, the pay is extremely poor for the hours, stress, gas it consumes, and burden it takes on your car. If you make any mistakes its out of your pay and expect 100 calls and harassment for what is sometimes completely out of your control. Their app you have to use is from prehistoric times and messes up all the time. You get wrong addresses constantly. There were a few good people who worked for them but in the end it did not make up for the harassment I put up for for months. Most of all their pharmaceutical delivery service which they force you to do because no one wants to do it, is the most ethically disgusting work I've ever had to deal with. Unrealistic delivery times, poor treatment from the pharmacies and apple express, the pay ended up being almost half minimum wage some days when deliveries were on the other side of town. This company probably has no navigation experience in your town either so they expect deliveries to be on time regardless of traffic and construction. I destroyed myself and a car for this company and in the end they treated me like dirt and deducted pay for 2 packages no one was ever able to locate but were assumed my responsibility. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.
Pros
nothing
Cons
just about everything
Company says one thing and does another
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2018
Work in the warehouse was typical, and generally enjoyable. Supervisor was horrible, local management just as bad, and corporate preferred to act like we didn't exist. People who work for this company are expendable and easily replaceable as far as they're concerned.
I like it here
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ontario26 February 2018
I have been here many years and everyone that comes to work and does their job is happy. Nice people and made lots of friends here.I just wish other people would come to work every day and just do the work.
Pros
Great place for people who want to do their jobs
Cons
Some people just complain
Disgusting workplace and management procedures
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 January 2018
Hand sanitizer was leaking in a box and spilled on me, the nurses smelled alcohol and reported me as drinking on the job at 9pm. The same evening I had an interview at the rcmp detachment and everything was well and they didn’t have a problem. Also had myself tested at 10:30pm and results were negative but the company mgmt upheld the nurses decisions.

They will expect you to be at 5 places at the same time. If you can’t do it, you are considered a risk to the company and you’ll ultimately be written up.

Final straw was when my employment was terminated with no notice and no valid reason given which was contrary to the clauses stated in the contract of employment. Contract of employment stated 1 week notice with valid reason will be given prior to termination of an employee.

Work culture: your seniors will expect you to cover for them time and time again in addition to doing your shifts but when you have a dire emergency like death on family or car accident, you’ll be expected to do your job still without incident or you’ll be ultimately on the written up list.

Management will call you at random hours of the night while everyone is in bed to question you about invoices and manifests and times and dates and if you can’t answer right away because you just woke up, they will hold that against you as if you are lying or hiding something.

Better to avoid this company totally. Surprised they are still in business.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Plenty to write a book
Great team
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 September 2017
The team of logistic coordinators work together in a cohesive unit and the workplace culture is very warm. I single handedly took on a major project which gave me the confidence to work independently and develop new projects in the future.
okay place to work but not that great
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 September 2017
the place is very mismanaged and always changing your wo'rk.But we manage to do our job on our own.My supervisor doesn't really know the job and would not be a big help to you.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not happy with the management
good work environment but politics
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2017
good work environment but politics is the main reason of my quitting decision. staff are working there foe so so long and they don't allow any new employee to grow.
Fun job and Salary/Benefits
Administrative Billing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
Our Typical day at work is basically regular busy day. Working on auditing pre invoices work and answering customer calls for daily runs. Management work is also great.
Pros
monthly Lunch's
Cons
N/a
Effective Structural Organization Needed
Apple Express Courier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 March 2017
I may say the company does not have time for employees evaluation on how good or bad their workers perform because they more focus on how to generate more money and neglected the welfare of their ranks and file employees. I believe that a successful company have a comfortable and satisfied employees.
Pros
Sometimes there's not much work/orders to fulfill.
Cons
No proper evaluation for employees.
productif
réception et envoie (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi29 May 2016
Nouveau défi milieu du transport gestion du personelle et travail d équipe et seul aussi acceptable
Pros
heure pour dinner
delivering packages on time
Route messenger (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2015
four to five hours of driving, tireless job and easy way to make money. No matter how the weather is delivering the packages on time is essential.
Getting medication to the patiernce on time was ever important, the large area that had to be covered in a day up to as much a 500 km in a day.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 March 2015
It was a great job, the hardest part was being on call and not knowing when you where working waiting all day and not getting called because you always had to be ready to go..
Pros
Great job
Slow improving Logistics company
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2014
This is my first work in Canada.
Salary is good, but slow in terms of increase (cents for couple of years)
Customer service is not communicating properly on the warehouses.
Pros
Good pay for single person
Cons
Long years of work before getting a salary increase
Chance to learn new things
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2013
I enjoyed working for Apple Express. We all were like a family. Typical day was nice started the day organising, and filing waybills and then I would come back to my desk to bill customers for the distance the drivers would travel. At times I would send out the bills to the clients. I would input the hours worked for the drivers.
Pros
Pay was good
busy environment but in a good atmosphere
Night Transportation Audit & Operation supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2013
hectic and busy
learned to deal with demanding clients providing them service by taking quick decisions
helpful co-workers
extremely time sensitive
A challenging work that requires a detail oriented person who will ensure that customers requirements are always respected.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario20 March 2013
In a typical day my role is to receive,ensure accuracy and execute orders.
we as a team have to maintain a consistent & professional contact with gents & service providers and updating customers in an accurate and progressive manner.
I enjoy solving problems and making recommendations on how to proceed when deviations to standard procedures arise.
Good workplace to gain 3PL quickly
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 November 2012
Overall good place to work. Quickly learn about 3PL logistics and transportation regarding shipping and receiving.
good company to work with
Assistant Accountant (Co-op placement) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2012
Good place to work speciall those who wants to start their career. Co-workers are supportive. Good working enviornment.
Pros
professional development