AppDynamics

AppDynamics Employee Reviews

The company is doing well, but they have many broken processes and aren't looking to fix them. People don't seem to be valued; the less experience you have, the better.
I loved working here. I would have never left but I had to move back East. it was a great time with great hard working people. I wish I was still there
Due to significant management changes, the organization changed initially from being dynamic. They are going through a lot of change. The environment is not for the faint-hearted.
Pros
Free breakfast on Monday, free lunch on Wednesday, and snacks
Cons
Challenging environment
Fun place to work. Amazing culture. Strong collaboration across the product and engineering teams. Bottom up culture. Lot of cool stuff and lot of learning.
AppDynamics is a great place to work and grow. I started as a contractor and was promoted to supervisor after a few changes in management post acquisition.
Company is filled with politics and inexperienced management. Their product is lacking and they are not making it better. People are nice, but the management is terrible.
To this day AppDynamics remains as the best job I ever had. I joined when the company was still private, and it was my dream job at the time.

Post acquisition, the company still managed to retain most of its culture, but it slowly started to erode. The company had grand ambitions, but was kneedcapped by Cisco's hand. I didn't really see the acquisition as a negative, unlike some others members of my team, and I knew that the company would thrive under the Cisco umbrella.

Ultimately, mixed messaging and lack of transparency from upper management turned me sour over time. However, I would absolutely consider returning to AppD, but only if I could find my place on a team whose objectives I can truly align with.
Solid company with good technology. Very relevant market for large organizations. Good corporate culture overall and slowly becoming part of the Cisco world.
I have been with AppD for over 3 years and overall I would say I have had an overall positive experience. The job definitely changed significantly since the acquisition by Cisco and I think things have gotten significantly more political and we have lost a lot of our 'pre-IPO' culture as we are getting completely aligned with Cisco. I still think we sell a great product and provide a ton of value to customers - hence if you aren't looking for a startup feel, I think it is a great place right now.
this environment for the select few only. a true privilege to be part of this success story .
Pros:
1. Lot to learn.

2. Great company culture.

3. Awesome people to work with.

Cons:

1. After its acquisition by Cisco, appraisal are not that good anymore.
A lot of time spent on self-promoting meeting
Not much else to say about this. Just trying to get to the required number of characters. Seems like I need to write a whole novel
Director did not take advice for people who worked for him. People were only given orders, sometimes releases were driven by one Customer who needed a fix not based on weather other customers would be affected
A very fast-paced, often stressful environment with good benefits and room for successful people to advance their careers. App Dynamics attract people who really believe in the product and it shows.
* Co-workers are nice to work with
* Fair pay rate in bay area

* Free snack bar

* Free refreshment and lunch periodically

* Good workplace culture
It is a good short-term temporary tele-communicating project; however ended too early before 100% passing rate to launch an automatic commission calculation program Xactly on-live.
Pros
Free snacks & drink
Great company to work in 2012 - 2015, with great product and vision. After 2015, with the change in top management focus shifted. It became a lot competitive as the main drive was to get the company to IPO. After acquisition by Cisco, the original founder/CEO left and started another startup.
Pros
Great product
Cons
lots of politics and cut throat competition
Great on the job training- great culture. The offices provided plenty of snacks and beverages. Great onboarding- just make sure you did your homework because you will be called out.
A lot of misalignment and gossip within marketing. Priorities and the "why" changes daily. The pay and leveling isn't as competitive as it could be.
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesday
Cons
a lot of politics and gossip
Best place to learn how to sell software. AppDynamics are consistently winning because of their process and thats it...

Loads of benefits

Great salary
Pros
Free lunches, £150 headphones, gym, phone, full body massage
Cons
Sorry guys, management was something near by zero, nice colleagues but wondering why they have survived
difficulty was the orientation and sense of team

I liked the money that was a very mistake
Pros
Cons
you got socked up by unkonwn, zero organization, clueless