Apotex Employee Reviews

Good place to start your career!
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2018
I loved my early employment in the company. It was fun working which gradually became monotonous. There is a scope of growth but you are stuck at a position for 18 months before moving to some other department.
However, the main issue with the company is it seems like it is run by one community of people-Indian Gujaratis! There are a lot of small talks and forget about discussing about your ideas as they’ll rather discuss about people.
My suggestion: DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU WANT A COMFORTABLE AND EDUCATED ENVIRONMENT
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Culture of the company is not good
No longer a good place to work, many disgruntled employees
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2018
I grateful to Apotex for providing me employment and a new career when I was out of work. The company policies in general do show care for its employees. Unfortunately, in the lower ranks of the company, employees are unappreciated. Good honest work and a desire to advance are largely ignored with promotions going to less qualified and undeserving individuals based on politics and favourtism.

Yet, I was relatively content to do my job and earn my pay while on a rotating 8 hour shift. The mandatory switch to 12 hour continental shifts proved too much for me physically, emotionally and financially which led to my resignation.
terrible work envirnment
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC -MILLWRIGHT (Current Employee) –  richmond hill24 September 2018
apotex richmond hill has become a terrible place to work -a literal turnstile , when employees 5,10 and 15 plus years of service are quitting -you know something is not right, management has no clue on how to run a maintenance department, there are 2 types of employees there-those that left and those that are looking to leave.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
terrible hours and schedule, management does not care about its employees -long term or short.
Great place to start your career, lots to learn
Marketing Operations Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON15 September 2018
This was my first job out of university and it's been a great experience so far. It's not a traditional marketing role, as expected from the pharmaceutical industry being super regulated so it's been a learning curve.

You'll be surrounded by incredibly smart people who have been with the company and industry for a very long time.

*Please note that this was a student contract (co-op)
Production
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 September 2018
Apotex hires volume, no talent. SOPs are written just to pacify the regulatory bodies. They always quote " we are audit ready". If you see some of the clean up rooms in Etobicoke, I promise, you would never buy drugs from Apotex due to cross contamination. Fir management, numbers and not the patient mattered. Quality was preached, never practised!
Pros
People who work on the floor and sanitation are fabulous
Cons
Their are no metrics to measure your talent, Performance reviews are a formality, If your supervisors and team leads were to lead you into battle, you would be annihilated, because majority of them are obtuse
Atmosphere is very foreboding
Analytical Chemist II (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 November 2018
When I joined Apotex 2 years ago as an analytical chemist, the job was great, pay was great, and security felt great. Apotex has hit many roadblocks in the US market so far and therefore has hired consultants to 'streamline' processes and track your tasks. Everyone knows this is corporate speak for cost-cutting (Which corporate has been pushing) and pending layoffs. As such, the atmosphere at Apotex at many sites has become very dreary and people are scared for their job security.

Day to day work has also drastically slowed down, and people are being tracked by consultants every day. This place was great for learning your basics such as instrumentation, GMP, and methodology, but I greatly fear for the future of this company.
Pros
Good place to learn the basics and get a good pay
Cons
Job security is unstable at best
only on weekend, over time
Custodian -Bagg (Current Employee) –  50 steinway blvd.Etobicoke,ON12 August 2018
As a APOTEX PHARMA INC. employee, i would like to say that its very very good company, every one like to work as its so cultured, safe, and friendly environment with all benefits, life insurance coverage etc. our seniors are so friendly and giving respects to all employees. Our Facility Support service department"s colleagues starts our day with fun and ends with fun.
while working over time , only 1 or 2 people signs for that.so that makes hectic day for those who works overtime.Because have take care of so huge GMP/NON GMP area. that time we prioritized the tasks and complete the full assignment.
Pros
some times in december
Cons
only working overtime
Was good but not anymore
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
Over the years, place has gone downhill
Management is not as transparent as they claim to be. Lay offs and outsourcing to India are common place. Whole departments being discontinued. Some departments offer a chance to move while others are stagnant. Favouritism is rampant.
Employees are not really valued for their knowledge and dedication.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Parking lot is a skating rink in winter
It was a fun place to work
Clinical Screening Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2018
I had a great experience working at Apotex because of the work culture and the cotineous learning that is provided by the company at different times of your employment. Several oppurtunities that comes up yearly for different jobs positions. I had a wonderful director that treated each and every employee in my department as equal and celebrated everyones birthday.
Productive environment and good for job growth
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 August 2018
A good place for an out of school Instrumentation Technician to start. Gets you straight into the job and where you get lots of experience Very friendly staff with great interaction. Management is great as well. You will need to learn how to work with deadlines and be able to work with little or no supervision
You must have to have a strong heart...
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  North York, ON28 July 2018
Shift schedule changed & it messed up everyone's life.Learned about poor management planning & lack of coordination between departments. Workplace culture is terrible. Most enjoyable part is when it's time to go home. Hardest part is going to work. Typical day at work is when you start with loads of work left behind by the other shift.
Pros
Benefits still okay
Cons
Salary freeze...
Great opportunities to earn while you learn programs and excellent growth in a fast paced environment
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2018
Excellent growth opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with safety and quality in mind
Helpful colleagues and innovative management
Competitive Benefits
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Continental rotating shift
Great place to learn about the industry with smart people
Quality Assurance & Analytics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON31 October 2018
Smart people, wide array of types of work being done from research to testing as well as back office functions. People who work here are experts in the field.
Pros
solid work life balance
Cons
uninspiring leadership
Its an important job..like my position
Production Technician - P05 (Current Employee) –  North York, ONI9 August 2018
I like my job, but the atmosphere is very bad, not sure of our future,
No communication from management.

I have learned many positions, but I do enjoy my present position the best. The company depends on me to issue and prepare the punches to make our products and keep production moving..
Fast paced environment with high potential for personal growth
Operations Management (Current Employee) –  North York, ON1 November 2018
Apotex provides a challenging role in pharmaceutical manufacturing. Individuals who are self starters, dedicated and are highly motivated will thrive in this environment.

The recent transformation project, Transcend, has given the opportunity for the department teams to really flex their muscles, challenge the status quo and transform the business into one focused on increasing capacity and reducing costs.

Every day is faced with new challenges, especially in the manufacturing sector, and with a strong culture of continuous improvement there is always something new to learn and contribute to.

The most enjoyable part of the job is leading the phenomenal people that make up the operations teams at Apotex. Many of them have long tenures and are dedicated and focused in producing quality pharmaceuticals for our patients.
Pros
Continuous improvement, faced paced, challenging environment
Cons
Work-life balance
Productive work-place
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2018
Productive workplace. Used to be a great place to work. Currently re-structuring and undergoing a lot of changes in the company. No real bonuses for non-management level employees.
Pros
Work from home Days
Cons
Decrease in employees = larger work load
Apotex was good but now no more.
Mechanical technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2018
Time is changed. Apotex was good but it is no more.
Seniors made lots of money by over time.
So they are rich and Lazy.
Management is unable to fix racist. Seniors & racist force junior to do double job. They just relax on computers checking bank balance and face book/twiters.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
weak management, high turnover of staff(junior)
Good Company.
Associate, Production Technical (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 November 2018
Overall I'm happy working in this company. People are generally good. Good company and very clean. The company spend millions to develop products and training is up to date.
Pros
Clean environment.
Cons
It depends on your superior.
Productive great place to work
specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2018
Excellent, great work environment, great support from management, knowledgeable people, systems in place, great activities, employee inclusive, working for patients, and providing affordable drugs
Pros
Perfect
work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2018
work and more work until no more work. Start at 7 and get bombarded with instant message from people in India who are replacing you asking you to help them by lying and tell your bosses they don't make any mistakes. Go to lunch and then start your work in the afternoon

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apotex. Our community is ready to answer.