Apotex Employee Reviews

A nice place to learn and groom
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  150 Signet Drive.7 February 2019
As a technician , I am happy to work with Apotex.
I learned a lot from Apotex.It was my first job in my relevant field in Canada.Also for the first time, I was performing as a technician.
I discovered a new role,as my previous experience is of supervisory in nature.
Pros
Nice culture.
Cons
continental night shifts.
Reasonably good place to work. Colleges are very helpful.
Senior process development Chemist (Current Employee) –  Brantford, Ontario25 January 2019
Everyday very is a busy day. Need to attend several meetings each day. Routinely group discuss with the team members about the progress and difficulties of the project. Review the weekly progress reports and plan accordingly. Most difficult part of the work is meeting the project timeline. Sometimes need to work extra hours to meet the timeline. Every success provides us the encouragement and fuel us do more work. Facing challenge everyday and learn from there.
productive enviorment
production tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 January 2019
no room for family time
very stressful work enviorment
company management is not the best in terms of communication with employees
nice cafe where you can buy lunch very safe work enviorment.
Pros
great benefits good pay
Productive and functional workplace
R&D Chemist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2019
flexible, friendly working environment. very good on job training for a long period with full salary. Benefits are fairly good but still need improvement.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
less chance for career development
Friendly work place
ANALYTICAL CHEMIST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2019
Improving access to medicines for millions of patients worldwide. Apotex do this by providing affordable, innovative, and high-quality solutions.
Incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals who are proudly dedicated to bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to healthcare systems.

Competitive pay, career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field.
Ssatisfaction that comes from knowing that the medication we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them.
Pros
Free coffee
Not good conpany anymore. Dont apply here
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2019
This is not good company now this is not considered pharmaceutical in the future they need quantity not the quality. I will compare this to automotive company. They are pushing employee to work and there's a lot of political system there. If you work in compounding in signet north york don't pursue your dream to get higher position in different department. They will hold you not to go to other departments. HR are not being fair to employee.
Pros
Employees are not happy
Cons
Strong politics inside the company
CO-CHAIR ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  North York, ON15 January 2019
The work at this company is very repetitive, you must work really, really, really fast, it's an extremely fast paced environment cause it's all about the numbers, as in how much can be produced by the hour, by the day, by the week, month, etc.
If you speak up against any wrong doers including from coworkers, team leads, supervisors, coordinators, managers, you are seen as wrong even if you have valid facts and proof.
With this job being repetitive in the production areas, you are prone to aliments that can become long term cause of the how much you must push your body to work in such a fast paced environment.
I caution anyone looking to seek employment in the production areas that think twice if applying to such work load, this is very much a labor intense job and accuracy in a must when filling out documentation which is part of all jobs across the board.
I recommend you think long and hard regarding a decision about working at this company.
Pros
you get paid for you breaks
Cons
too intense fast paced, hard labor driven
Interesting process
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Signet Drive14 January 2019
12 hour shifts, Continental. You will be in days for training and then straight to midnights. Will take you a few years to get to morning 12 hours shift. They are limiting 8 hours, unless you have a health condition that you can provide. HR, management are not the best.

Team leads are very nice. Workers a nice. lots of Indians so you can eat samosas.

Safety is a concern, takes them a while to fix an issue. if you go through wsib, they will pay you for your time off, don't listen to supervisors when they say the company wont pay you if you don't return to work. They will offer you modified duties, this will save them money if you return to work, if you refuse to go back, wsib will pay you. They are on your side. if your hurt, don't listen to supervisors to go back to work, follow your dr recommendation and go through wsib.

Parking is a killer, need to go early to find a spot, it is very limited.

Good Luck for the future candidate .
Pros
Lots of samosas, clean environment, warm
Cons
See review
Well cooperated working culture and enjoyable
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2019
Very enjoyable, cooperated and talented working culture. Group discussion on SOP and GMP. Complete schedule as assigned while maintaining quality of the product.
Pros
good working envirnment
Cons
less salary rise
Nice workplace with many good people
Documentation Reviewer (contract position) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 January 2019
Nice workplace with many good people, cares about patients and customers feedback/concerns. Not too many growth opportunities for young energetic individuals.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Poor benefits, low job security
Very productive fun we had good food and amazing colleaque.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2018
I start at work by cleaning and refilling for the volunter patients for the research clinic,ordering for stocks,shipping and recieving goods,Sorting laundry and preparing clean uniforms,for the new group of study.working here is very relaxing, working with happy people makes your job easy.
Pros
Free foods
Cons
Productive and amazing place to work
Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 December 2018
Apotex is one of the best and productive pharmaceutical company. Learned a lot in management side from Apotex and better workplace culture maintained.
Pros
Quality work[place
Apotex pharmaceutical
Quality Assurance /Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weston, ON10 December 2018
very good place to work. lots of chance for growth, great opportunities, I thoroughly enjoyed working there. excellent pay, extremely generous with all staff.
Pros
everything
Cons
I can't think of any
Average company to work with
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2018
help me a lot to gain more knowledge. good to work here only if you are looking for a stable job opportunity. good benefits and permanent jobs help you to stay more.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long working hours
Atmosphere is very foreboding
Analytical Chemist II (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 November 2018
When I joined Apotex 2 years ago as an analytical chemist, the job was great, pay was great, and security felt great. Apotex has hit many roadblocks in the US market so far and therefore has hired consultants to 'streamline' processes and track your tasks. Everyone knows this is corporate speak for cost-cutting (Which corporate has been pushing) and pending layoffs. As such, the atmosphere at Apotex at many sites has become very dreary and people are scared for their job security.

Day to day work has also drastically slowed down, and people are being tracked by consultants every day. This place was great for learning your basics such as instrumentation, GMP, and methodology, but I greatly fear for the future of this company.
Pros
Good place to learn the basics and get a good pay
Cons
Job security is unstable at best
Technical Trainer (Encapsulation) (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 November 2018
Good place to work and develop carrier with in the company by gaining amazing knowledge. One of the best pharmaceutical company to start with your carrier
Pros
Easy to work
Good Company.
Associate, Production Technical (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 November 2018
Overall I'm happy working in this company. People are generally good. Good company and very clean. The company spend millions to develop products and training is up to date.
Pros
Clean environment.
Cons
It depends on your superior.
Good place to start your career!
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2018
I loved my early employment in the company. It was fun working which gradually became monotonous. There is a scope of growth but you are stuck at a position for 18 months before moving to some other department.
However, the main issue with the company is it seems like it is run by one community of people-Indian Gujaratis! There are a lot of small talks and forget about discussing about your ideas as they’ll rather discuss about people.
My suggestion: DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU WANT A COMFORTABLE AND EDUCATED ENVIRONMENT
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Culture of the company is not good
LEAN Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 November 2018
Apotex was a good place to work. I had good relationship with my coworkers and my management. Apotex made sure that there are a lot of opportunities for career growth.
Fast paced environment with high potential for personal growth
Operations Management (Current Employee) –  North York, ON1 November 2018
Apotex provides a challenging role in pharmaceutical manufacturing. Individuals who are self starters, dedicated and are highly motivated will thrive in this environment.

The recent transformation project, Transcend, has given the opportunity for the department teams to really flex their muscles, challenge the status quo and transform the business into one focused on increasing capacity and reducing costs.

Every day is faced with new challenges, especially in the manufacturing sector, and with a strong culture of continuous improvement there is always something new to learn and contribute to.

The most enjoyable part of the job is leading the phenomenal people that make up the operations teams at Apotex. Many of them have long tenures and are dedicated and focused in producing quality pharmaceuticals for our patients.
Pros
Continuous improvement, faced paced, challenging environment
Cons
Work-life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apotex. Our community is ready to answer.