Apollo Retail Specialists Employee Reviews

Good work, but lack of work provided.
Remote market specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NM28 March 2018
Worked for this company more than 10 years, has been 3 different companies since than. Over 10 different managers and schedulers. From the beginning it was remarkably busy and exciting. Over the years the work has slowed down, management is less responsive, stores have retired there contracts, which has lead to less or no work at all. Love this job, but need more work and hrs.
Pros
Rental car/hotels paid, mileage and time pay, flexible hours.
Cons
Lack of work
Great Company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL21 March 2018
Apollo is a great company to work for. The culture is very enjoyable and it is easy to come to work everyday. The company has a social committee that will plan special events such as birthday breakfasts, holiday events and food trucks. I have learned so much at this company from my fellow co-workers. It is a team effort from start to end through all of the departments.
Great People, Great Culture.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL20 March 2018
Apollo is a great place to work. From the time I've started, it's grown and grown and grown. We would only have social events that were few and far between. Now in addition to the holiday events, Apollo has created a social committee so they do movie screenings, bring in food trucks, we just got a keurig for the office (we have to bring in our own coffee pods, but it's still a nice gesture). The work environment is laid back. If you stay away from the office drama queens you'll have a great time working here. I also heard they are starting Wellness Wednesdays so I'm looking forward to seeing what they will roll out for that.
I can't speak for the field employees, but I do know that Apollo is trying to include everyone more through a digital culture they've created on social media with contests and also recognizing the field techs who really stand out with a bimonthly newsletter. They are really trying and doing their best to make better changes.
Pros
Relaxed environment, Company Culture
Cons
Terrible traffic on way to new location
Hectic Workplace
Merchandiser, Electrical Support (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CA14 March 2018
The schedule was very hectic, always traveling on the road to different states. Making sure that products were in the right area and make sure store managers understand how the merchandise should be displayed.
enjoyed the job, but!!!
SELF EMPLOYED (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC13 March 2018
Loved the job, but unfortunately I was hired during a buy out and management was being moved and relocated and all this was going on during the Christmas holidays. I was working out in the field and needed management to make a decision and no one was there and I had to leave the job unfinished. I felt forgotten and abandoned by the big wigs. I didn't like that, so I abandoned them.
Pros
the job its self
Cons
management
As good as any part time job
Retail assembler (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL9 March 2018
If you want part time work, it is as good as any other, you can to a point set your hours as you like, they do as with any company push to get the most out of you.
Pros
Easy hours
Cons
Some processes are not always clear
good place to get some experience
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  South5 March 2018
An ok place to get started but after that no so good. This is a fast paced job which leads to poor workmanship and call backs. The FOM and team members are good. Way to many questions on survey when the job is completed, some are asked 3 times in different ways.
Pros
Team work and manger
Cons
Poor pay, poor training on new projects, the videos only help a little. Poor hotel choices when you travel, very low perdiem for food
It is a great job to have.
Remodeler (Former Employee) –  Texas11 February 2018
It is an awesome job. The traveling is amazing. You get to see a lot of new things and new places. The people are great to work with. You will meet a lot of cool people.
A really exciting job. Never boring
Merchandising Field Rep (Current Employee) –  USA2 February 2018
The company is currently merging with several other companies that they had bought out. So there is much confusion and the Field Reps don't get any information. My first manager here was very impressive, he communicated well and seemed to really care for his employees. The second manager I had did a horrible job. There was no communication and we ran out of work and she wouldn't just tell me. She kept stringing me along. Now I have another new manger, so we shall see. But over all I love this job and the company is about par for corporate America
Pros
Self guided, no boss breathing down your neck, pay is good, travel was fun
Cons
they hire part time but work you full time. (Thanks Obamacare)
Learning experience great job!
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK24 January 2018
Great company would work there again..Managment was great no complaintes there. It was a learning experience and once again overall great job. Would return again.
Fast Paced, sense of accomplishment
Reset Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MT23 January 2018
Full reset job:
Knew what was expected of me, per daily review with supervisor and local store management.
Gained new experience in fixture assembly.
Management was supportive, and concise.
Good vibe, liked knowing what was expected of me.
Difficult to locate and obtain needed fixture items, at store level.
Enjoyed working within a team, and placed on individual tasks.
Pros
Good teamwork
Great Job for Very Part Time Workers
Reset Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, Virginia20 January 2018
Not enough work in my area. Its hard to be proactive when you work 16 hours year.This company should not try to hire people in an area that has one or two projects per year.
Pros
Cons
Need more projects to keep me interested.
Busy workplace with good hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CO17 January 2018
Apollo Retail is a good job if you don't care to live in motel/hotel rooms for months. You are always required to travel so if you like to travel and live in hotel rooms the job could be perfect for you.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Multiple15 January 2018
I honestly cannot review this company in a positive manner. Too many inconsistancies and lack of communication.I would rather not be a party to negative review. I would not negatively say anything but I also would not recommend this work place
Pros
na
Cons
na
No The Best Company If You Have A Family
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  all states10 January 2018
On time every morning, ready for work, ready for a new experiences, every day i learn something different, always follow manager order or instruction, i always had a good communication with managers. /
As for the salary fairly ok but is base on repairs, and assemblies done.

Management from Florida was constantly changing and never seemed to know what was going on in the field and very poor management.

As for the mileage rate using your truck to help them on short-time notice including long distant was base 19 cents which isn't the average. Overall there freedom but pay isn't comparable with work given at times.
Assembly of office furniture and in-store displays.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TX28 December 2017
The work is enjoyable, but it doesn't pay much. Ok for someone who doesn't have to rely on it as their only source of income. They pay piece rate for furniture assembly. Estimated assembly times are not reasonable, but they won't let you fall below minimum wage. You will need your own car, and they don't pay for travel time or mileage unless it's more than 60 miles each way, or between assignments.
Pros
Good for someone who doesn't like to work in the same place every day.
Cons
Working late on some days, and no work on other days.
If you like to sit in rush hour traffic without being paid....go for it.
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL28 December 2017
This job requires a lot of travel. If you do not gauge your travel time and the items to be assembled, you will not make very much income. Traffic is always time consuming while on the way to jobs. Will likely not be paid for travel time.
Pros
pay
Cons
enough time to finish assignments.
Great job.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL27 December 2017
Loved being able to work by my self. Management is always telling employees good job. I previously traveled with this company. The per diem is very good and they put you in nice, clean hotels while you work on location
Fast Pace
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL20 December 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was fast paced and always busy. I was always working with my hands . I was able to help my co workers who were new and unfamiliar with reading a plan-o-gram
fast pace and extensive travel
Senior Project Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL18 December 2017
long days or nights which varied by location which changed every three weeks. hotel life is a must. all over the country. energetic and just full of excitement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Retail Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.