Apollo Health and Beauty Care

Apollo Health and Beauty Care Employee Reviews

A Good Workplace
QA Technician (Current Employee) –  1 APOLLO DRIVE27 January 2020
Working for Apollo for the last 10 months I've been here, I have learned so much from my team lead and supervisors. The company has given me a raise twice already and have promoted me within 7 months of working here. Most of my colleagues have been working in Apollo over 5-15 years and agreed that they like it here. There are challenges along the way but nothing stressful that anyone can't handle. Since I'm also a student, my supervisor and team lead have allowed me to adjust my hours and have plenty of optional overtime. The employment here is also steady, as long as they see that you are determined, they will give you the chance to grow.
Ps
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2020
It suck working in Apollo no salary increase no respect at all and management also pushing us to do more work than usual days work. Workers not happy with the pay they given out
Great place to work because management is friendly and listens to us.
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2020
I have been working for Apollo for four years in the sanitation department. I love the company because they have taught me a great deal about my job. I've learned everything about my job from Apollo and continue to be given opportunities to learn and grow. I've seen many of my colleagues be promoted which makes me very proud of my colleagues and the company for giving us opportunities. Management is always asking for ideas from us which makes us feel part of the process. They listen to us and reward us for good ideas.
Pros
Very open communication with management, Management always have time to listen to us and they always act.
Terrible management
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2020
The upper management does nothing to help change or improve the work/life balance, They expect you to give them everything you have plus more. It's almost mandatory for employees to work 6 days a week and if you can't the chances of remaining employed after the probationary period is very low. The supervisor and team leader do nothing to help the team with their work, they just watch and criticize.
Working here at Apollo has been so uplifting and very exciting
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2020
Apollo is a home from home working environment where you will learn new and innovating things as you build your career. I love working here. And I will recommend this company 24/7
Inofrmation technology WorkPlace and managment
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  1 apollo Place24 December 2019
Since first day In , i have been learning a lot. growing my skills. management is very supportive and teamwork environment is really good. Work is fast paced most of days, which helps you manage the pressure and grow in problem solving skills. Mangers are friendly and helping.
Packaging Work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2019
Packaging the products,training new employees,handling the machine.Worlplace was neat and claen after the work we have to clean it.Most enjoyable part of work was to meet different people and talk to them.
excellent workplace
QA/QC Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 September 2019
your day is the same every day the same problems, there isn't any type of advancement, but the culture and the type of work are much easier compared to other companies. Pro: you get lots of free cosmetic items.
Cons: no job advancement
Very Negative
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  North York, ON13 August 2019
Poor Management
There is no training for everything. something is wrong.
Definitely, need new management to rebuild most of the systems.
It's shocking how this company works.
Horrible!!
QC Technician (Current Employee) –  North York, ON23 July 2019
Working here is a joke!! Manager and Lab Supervisor have differences within themselves and neither of them seem to care for their staff. HR and Manager promises you of good career options for future growth but everything is a sweet lie. They fool you around with a smile.

Hard working individuals keep working hard while others take long breaks and hardly work in their shifts. Every week they hire new people as no one stays. Extremely toxic environment and political environment.

GDP and GMP is just in their books as no one cares about anything. None of the employees are satisfied by what they are paid and you could be a lucky, if you see a single smile on someone’s face.

Very disappointing as the management doesn’t even care after watching people leaving every week!!
Pros
Cons
Everything that you can think of after reading all the reviews
It's Apollo but definitely "NO HEALTH and BEAUTY" whatsoever!
I worked in the QA Lab (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2019
- Very toxic and political environment
- A specific community has almost all the power
- Manager can't even speak English properly, knows almost nothing about the lab, has very poor to none managerial skills, treats people differently (some people do nothing and are just walking around or sitting with manager in his office for hours talking), comes in the lab every 15 minutes and calls someone to his office (Use your phone or email for god sake)
- There is no training for people who get hired! They will be put to work from the 2nd day!
- There is always something wrong with the products, some even get shipped before testing is completed!
- You can't even warm your food! It's a JOKE!
- Newly hired people are getting more than people who have been there for years!!
- When there is an audit, they hide everything.
- Lab supervisor walks in the lab in high heels and a mini skirt (tell me about GMP) !!!
- Insurance is a joke, for example the vision coverage (eye glasses, ...) is $100 for two years!!!
Pros
Clean washrooms upstairs (Just don't take your phone with you there, you'll probably receive a call from your manager)
Cons
Everything!
Not as good as I hoped
Batch Maker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2019
Been here for a while, and things have not gotten any better. Many promises but management has not come through. I would rather have you been honest from the beginning so we could have lowered our expectations.
Pros
Great team and friends
Cons
Empty promises and no growth potential
Like to work with co workers they are emiable and down to earth
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 July 2019
Worked in fast paced, cooperative and worked with people from different cultures learn a lot about different things from them
Pros
Easy stuff not heavy
Cons
Small shift 7 hours only
sucks
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2019
stay as far away as possible. They will destroy you and ask you to do immoral things. They will make you question everything you know and strip you of any self worth.
Pros
nothing pro about crazy
Cons
pay, benefits, management, leadership
Someone step in
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2019
It’s hard to believe that this kind of negative behavior still exists. Someone needs to speak up and make changes with a team who knows how to run a company. Its not right.
Pros
Great employees, good friends
Cons
Leadership is not right
Absolutely horrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2019
Constant abuse, ridicule and blame. The shadow of a president is always angry and threatening and repetitively conveying harassing comments to all female staff. The leadership team needs to be removed.
Pros
Without question no pros
Categorically Improper
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2019
Never have I been so manipulated and demoralized . Working at Apollo was a complete mistake and I regret ever accepting an offer with them. I advise anyone to research and ask questions before entertaining.
Pros
Only there a short time
Cons
Leadership needs human skills
Executive Assistants think twice….
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2019
Was hired on as an Executive Assistant, with promise of a great and rewarding work experience. I experienced the exact opposite. Never have I met such neurotic, infantile Management.
Pros
Leaving that horrible place.
Cons
Learn some gratitude.
Disorganized
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2019
Production area is chaos and all batches end up in rework because there is always an issue. Management constantly blame others but never take responsibility like true leaders.
Pros
Some great staff members, but are actively looking for other employment.
Cons
Long hours, continuous turnover, poor management, safety issues everywhere
In general. It's a stepping stone for those awaiting PR. You can have some experience here.
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2019
Two many Bosses doing NOTHING. Especially Q.A.
Full of rubbish and a PARTICULAR nationality. They speak their weird useless language on the floor. Instead of speaking or communicating in English.
Pros
SOMETIMES product are available for sale at meager amount.
Cons
Required to come on weekends SOMETIMES.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Health and Beauty Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Apollo Health and Beauty Care Reviews by Location