Aphria Inc.

Aphria Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews
There is a culture of disrespect to regular workers by management. Regular greenhouse and production workers are seen as inferior and are treated as such. There are many incentives for management and very little for the average worker.
Working at Aphria is the best thing that has ever happened to me. “Aphria” Is not just my workplace- It is my place of WORSHIP, MY HOME, MY FAMILY. I am happy to be home and this company has accepted me as I am with all my strengths and flaws. My managers and supervisor are very supportive, and this makes you feel confident about your work I really appreciate it a lot and this makes me feel truly Blessed. Everyone is so willing to help and work together to accomplish the goals. Overall, it’s a great place to work and I am glad to be part of this organization.

THANK YOU Aphria!!!
Working in the greenhouse you are treated very badly. It's hot and stressful people drop like flies.the workers that work and work hard are disciplined when need a break for water or washroom.the workers that do nothing can roam the place from end to end with no discipline what so ever . We were promised gift cards each week for working through covid 19 rereceived nothing todate
Pros
Co workers are amazing
Cons
Extremely bad place to work
Started here right out of college, been here for a year. For an entry level lab position its good experience in the field, and there are opportunities for advancement to management level positions
The pay is middle/low end for this work, and with the cost of living in the area rising it isnt as competitive as it could be. Most workers take the lab experience and leave after a half year or so to a company that offers a better salary

Work culture depends on the department, my departments great I've made a lot of good friends here
Pros
Good people, good experience
Cons
Low pay
I have worked at three different companies before and I must say that working at Aphria is the best thing ever happened to me. I am thrilled that I got an opportunity to work here and get to know the amazing support system which Aphria provides to its employees. Everyone at Aphria is so supportive no matter which level they are at. The management appreciates my hardwork and motivates me to produce class results. I have been given autonomy for making my decisions and have received full support from my peers and management. One commendable thing I would like to add is that Aphria keeps employees on it's top priority. During COVID, Apria provided all the flexibility and facilities which were required for the health and safety of its employees. I am thankful to be part of such a wonderful organization. Thank you Aphria for everything!
Nothing but a joke. Management has no clue between their a@# or toes. They teach you how to do a job, then never give you the chance to do it independently. One person says one thing, 2 mins later, someone else saying something completely different. If your quiet and OBEY, you will get hired, but if your strong showing potential and have opinions, they will fired you.
This is genuinely one of the easiest jobs I've ever had. Just go with the flow, follow instructions. If you don't know what to do, ask someone. Don't be dumb. Easy to advance. Great pay and free benefits!
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Long shifts
Managwment is arrogant judgemental opinionated ignorant selfish people. They treat you like dirt on their feet. There is no structure no security no sense of direction and they treat you like you have a horrible disability..unable or incapable of doing a simple job. They underestimate you by your appearance personality and attitude..it was good in the beginning but if you don't keep your head down and hide so they dont move you from dept to dept than you may make it. If you dont keep going fast like a robot u will be picked on and let goyouyouhead down or hide so not
Unfair pay for people doing jobs they should be getting payed more for doing, then getting mad when you refuse to do someone elses work, other workers are the only reason i still work here, the wrong people have all the power, shady shady business
Terrible director /management / supervision team. They don`t know what they are doing. Daily / hourly schedule and work plan. If something goes wrong find someone to blame. All deviations come from management team because they are not enough experience to prepare documents. Full of Nepotism.If you are not close to big heads you are in trouble. Only sneaky employees make plans how to close them. Directors/ managers don`t respect the other workers. Never ask how they are. Upper management never inform to other employees what is the plan / schedule. Most of employees speaking another language in front of the others. HR and VP are going to read that comment for sure. Hope you can realize that unprofessional management / supervisor team.
Pros
Learn how to be sneaky
Cons
Too many problems
People are not happy there. Low pay and very stressfull. Got to big to fast. People are out to stab each other in the neck. Now job pays 14 still not much as you work 6 days a week long hours , and you have no life outside of work place.
Management is run by 20 year olds that have no education and no experience, If you are not friends with some one higher up you will be fired at a moments notice. No one ever knows whats going on, which is one of the many reasons re-work has to be done more than 5 times. They will move you to a new product line and proceed to give you 30 seconds of training and if you mess up only once they write you up for it. The nepotism in this workplace makes it extremely toxic environment. A more considerable job choice would be stealing grocery carts and selling them for scrap metal.
The absolute worst supervision, management, discipline and production goals imaginable:
I’m going to keep it short and sweet;

You do not want to work here unless you absolutely need the pay!

You are just a number, and will not advance anywhere, unless you are very determined to surpass your fellow co-workers, put them down excessively, and snitch on every pure soul in the facility!

Have fun ;)good at
I got hired on through an agency. They treat everybody the same whether you're a full-time employee or temporary employee. Seems like a place that offers higher positions within the company if you work hard enough.
My job was great the company is unorganized. If you like being typecast like in Hollywood the Aphria is the place for you. The inforstructure is an after thought and managers and supervisors are too busy putting out fires rather than planning anything to prevent them in the future or at all.
Working at Aphria has been a once in a lifetime experience. It’s an amazing place to work if you want to start off in the industry and see how it’s just beginning. Not only is it a great, but you have colleagues that are willing to help and work together to achieve your goals. If your looking to grow your career and learn a lot - you’re looking at the right place.
I loved working at Aphria. The finamce team was strong and worked well together. If it was closer to home I would not have left. The culture is great and I was sad to leave.
Long hours. Poor management, Racism is the key of aphria. If you want to be insulted work here. They don't appreciate what you do. I met some great people. You expect anytime to be fired.
But attendance appears to be optional. Which puts more work on those that show up daily. Everyone thinks they are your boss. Lots of wannabe boss. Lots of doggers...we all know the type...good at looking busy doing virtually nothing...and management does nothing about it.

Who knows.
Amazing industry to work in, constantly changing. Come in with an open mind, it's a new industry, there are still a lot of kinks. A lot of opportunity to advance if you work hard and dedicate the time.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Big egos
This company is a fear based sinking ship. Managers have no clue what they are doing so they find a scapegoat to blame for their ineptitude. Dysfunctional/non-existent HR team. If you complain to HR about being berated by managers who are racist and sexist, expect to be let go swiftly. There are a few great employees here, unfortunately sinking with the ship.