Apex Wireless Employee Reviews

It will take you a at least a year if not longer to achieve any money.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC23 February 2018
Training is long, and not always relevant to what you actually have to do once everything is said and done.

Some managers actually care, but they are too busy themselves to actually coach or help you. A lot of the people there are great but that won't pay your bills. In fact working at this job will mostly likely put you in debt, because you make min wage, pay for your own gas, use your own car, pay for your own postage, etc. Oh the $3000 minimum for training actually means $1000 a month for 3 months, this catches a lot of people off gaurd.

The goals are incredible hard to hit, you have too push hard. Absolutely no free rides. And once you hit those and only get paid $5 for each phone you sell..
Pros
Some great people
Cons
The pay
Apex
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2017
Apex is very cult like. You must sell many products before you get your bonus. They go throgh reps and managers like crazy. So from one day to the next you dont know who you report to
Pros
Free Phone
Cons
long hours poor pay
Business account manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC27 June 2017
I started on here only a few months ago, but I already know it's the start of a really great adventure. It's been a tremendously open environment, and they really give you the tools and training needed to succeed at the job. Management has been very supportive and patient with all my queries as a new employee.

It's been a confidence building career for me and I'm so very glad with how things have gone. I enjoy meeting fresh faces with both clients and co-workers. It drives me to challenge myself both personally and professionally

Company culture has been one of the most enjoyable experiences thus far. I'm fortunate to work both for and with such extraordinary people.
Pros
Great support and training
Great place to work!
Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam27 June 2017
I've been with Apex for almost a year and I love it! The culture is fantastic focusing on working hard and playing hard. There's regular company activities such as basketball, floor hockey ,the Sun Run and many more. I was set up for success with a 3 week intensive training program and have received on going support to achieve my goals. If you're hard working, goal oriented and want to enjoy going to work everyday Apex Wireless is where you should work.
Pros
Culture, training, opportunity
Cons
You only get what you put into it
Fantastic Atmosphere
Business Support Manager (Current Employee) –  13734 104 Ave. Surrey B.C27 June 2017
This companies culture is unlike any other I've worked for. There's always someone around to offer help. The management is helpful and provides the support needed to be successful without venturing into micromanagement. The people show genuine interest in what others are doing in their "out of work" lives as well. Everyone is quite welcoming. The number one challenge is best challenge to have; we are always busy. There is no shortage of work and there is always someone out there that needs the services Apex Wireless provides. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the constant learning you have to do to keep up and it keeps you engaged. There's no time for boredom or mundanity.
Pros
Supportive Atmosphere, Birthday Cake and Learning Curve
Cons
My Location is by a lot of restaurants so I eat out too many times a week
Awesome Company
Business Support Manager (Current Employee) –  13734 104 Ave. Surrey B.C26 June 2017
I am approaching my 11th year with Apex Wireless, so I have experienced a lot with this company. I have worked in nearly every aspect you can within this company: inside sales, outbound sales, administration, and now business support. My transition to head office was amazing considering the role I had been picked for was the best role suited to all of my strengths. The fact that the management knew my capabilities and put me somewhere I would thrive in, goes to show how much they actually care about their employees, to mention providing the best experience we can to a customer or business of Apex Wireless. I truly enjoy working here and have for my entire employment. The management team is amazing, the work trips and events are a blast, the companies we are associated with are great, and my day to day is always lively. There are great opportunities for learning more and new exciting products, and our partners offer great potential for monthly recurring revenue. I would have to say that the best part of working here is the people and the relationships you can build with co-workers and clientele alike.
Pros
fun events, free trips, prizes and incentives
Cons
5 day work week, Natalie doesn’t let me eat snacks if I’m not in the meeting they are provided for
Good company culture
Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 September 2016
People here are really open and welcoming. Launch hour is a happy hour with everybody together.

Training is very poor and you have to learn by making mistakes (as our management says) and I do not like making mistakes on real accounts!
Pros
Good culture.
Cons
instability; Having to cold call a lot
Comfortable and friendly environment
Customer service/Business account manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2015
I would go to work happy, and ready for the day to bring whatever it was going to. In Customer service each day has endless learning opportunities.

I learned what I was capable and doing if I put my mind to it. It was a job that brought me to the level of experience i have now.

Only reason for not returning is that the position just does not work for my family at this point in our life.
day to day review
Corporate Account Manager / Assistant Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto20 May 2014
Fully managed accounts, handling day to day wireless needs, along with prospecting new leads daily, met with clients and presented our product.
Pros
client interaction
Cons
worked in a basement
Embracing and friendly work community
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, British Columbia23 January 2013
As a Inside Sales Rep, I was on the front line for dealing with walk-in customers. I frequently dealt with clients billing concerns, phone issues and home services inquiries. Prospecting dials were made into the community on a regular basis to invite clients into our store. Training was provided for all aspects of the job from sales and customer service to product knowledge. Management is goal oriented and was there to assist at all avenues. Co-workers were friendly and ready to assist with any questions or concerns. The hardest part of the job would be generating foot traffic into our retail location. The most enjoyable part would be the gratification of seeing a client return for continued great service.
Pros
great development programs
Cons
slow retail foot traffic
Apex's culture was awesome
Sales and Administration (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 May 2012
As a whole Apex wireless was a great company to work for. However, due to personality conflicts the office wasn't as positive as it could have been.

Typical day - I would come in, take care of my administrative duties, watch the floor traffic for clients. Train the new staff (high turn over... 6 new people in 11 months)

Take lunch-

Attempt to generate a reminder calling list - would be interrupted by new employees unsure of questions or how to process transactions.

My co-workers were great- staff turnover was frustrating and store manager was very negative.

Hardest part of the job was getting work done with being the senior floor sales staff. I was constantly being pulled from what I should be doing to prevent mistakes from rookies.

Most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people.
Pros
lots of gifts, prizes, trips
Cons
work never ends, you're expected to be reachable 24/7 for clients