Apex Motor Express

Apex Motor Express Employee Reviews for Operations Coordinator

Operations Coordinator1 review
Canada1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
My work place is a fast paced environment. I deal with outside carriers ie: Land Air Express, Ameri-Connect, DHL and I make sure that their freight is taken care of in a fashionable matter.
Also everyday we have city driver's that would do deliveries and pick ups. When they come in the operations office, they hand their paperwork to myself or my co-worker to process. We would look at their paperwork and check if there are dangerous goods and make sure the right documentation is attached with their paperwork and we would look to see where the freight would be going and we would ship it accordingly. Also a copy of the driver's paperwork is given to

our dock, so they can go into the driver's trailer and strip the freight to be shipped to the correct location.

There are a lot of tasks to be done before my night is complete. I make sure that all documents are correct and make sure that the driver's have a probill number on all their freight, so when the freight is delivered to the destination and if the customer needs information about their freight, they would call our customer care phone number and give them the probill number.

I would also do manifesting for the LineHaul Department as well. Do filing and organizing of the photocopier to make sure that it is full with paper. Also answer any questions from the billers.
Pros
learning more each day. I have been at Apex for 5 years, in different departments
Cons
not having the freight delivered due to problems with the driver's truck or dispatching