Apex Motor Express

Apex Motor Express Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

Brampton, ON15 reviews
Good experience for someone to get start with work billing experience. Great manager and supervisor always there when you have questions. Quite work pace with great team members.
Apex Motor Express is a very cheap company! They expect to get quality guys but are NOT willing to pay the salary competitive with other Trucking, logistics companies in the GTA. The culture at Apex is the old west style. Shoot first, before asking questions. Unfortunately, they are 5 steps behind in regards to current transportation tools and logics. They will always have the revolving door mentality.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no management improvement
Very fast pace,demented position, trouble shooting and problem solving,good communication with some supervisor and good relationship with driversin finding trailers.
was a great group of people fast pace but the night shift is to hard when you have kids was very close to my house saved me money in the summer cause i could ride my bike to work
My typical day is getting my 2 way radio do a walk after in my area see wats need to be done and bring in trucks to the bay doors for the workers to unload very cold environments and dusty
i work for them which is they told its all lie i never see like this full of corrupt and liar peoples if you are free then work for them believe me .they told you all different story when they hire you don,t sign contract without reading.5 days you work and you get nothing all i can say its better work someone as a driver you can make more money .now you can understand
It's ok for a temporary job but long term not so much. The environment is pretty much always dirty and dusty, with care free maintained. Management can be better the care more of the work than any concern with employees.
Apex is not a bad place to work and I learned a lot of things while I was there. I was there as a temp and was there for 8 months. I enjoyed the dept I worked in and I also helped out in Health & Safety and Driver Manager.
Pros
people were helpful
Cons
was only temp
Management is extremely poor. Knee jerk reactions to every situation. Every department is treated like a separate Kingdom, and if you have to deal with someone, make sure you have witnesses.

Every department is full of cancer, and is overseen by either scheming manipulators, or burnt out apathetic paper pushers.

Do not work for this company.
Pros
The salary is mid range, so therefore competitive
Cons
everything else about the company
My work place is a fast paced environment. I deal with outside carriers ie: Land Air Express, Ameri-Connect, DHL and I make sure that their freight is taken care of in a fashionable matter.
Also everyday we have city driver's that would do deliveries and pick ups. When they come in the operations office, they hand their paperwork to myself or my co-worker to process. We would look at their paperwork and check if there are dangerous goods and make sure the right documentation is attached with their paperwork and we would look to see where the freight would be going and we would ship it accordingly. Also a copy of the driver's paperwork is given to

our dock, so they can go into the driver's trailer and strip the freight to be shipped to the correct location.

There are a lot of tasks to be done before my night is complete. I make sure that all documents are correct and make sure that the driver's have a probill number on all their freight, so when the freight is delivered to the destination and if the customer needs information about their freight, they would call our customer care phone number and give them the probill number.

I would also do manifesting for the LineHaul Department as well. Do filing and organizing of the photocopier to make sure that it is full with paper. Also answer any questions from the billers.
Pros
learning more each day. I have been at Apex for 5 years, in different departments
Cons
not having the freight delivered due to problems with the driver's truck or dispatching
Apex Motor Express has provided numerous opportunities for me to prove my abilities, daily, weekly and more. The history and experience of the Operations Team is second to none, and their ability to problem solve and strategize is incredible.
Pros
Easy access via public transit, close to amenities (restaurants, shopping, gym)
Fast paced, great working environment, fair management.
Easy access to public transit.

Great working hours.

Opportunity for full time is there.

Safety is priority 1!
Enjoyed working at Apex and Western Canada Express

Great staff, good service, competitive pricing, great leadership

VPs in various departments were supportive.
It was a pleasure to work with a fine cast of individuals. The dispatch team and brokers we a group of dedicated hard working people who strived to provide the best service to our customer base.
I enjoy the people I work with. The managers and supervisors are very approachable. I look forward to going to work everyday and I enjoy what I do. I like learning new things and being efficient at my job. The environment is easy going yet everyone works hard.