Apex Motor Express Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

Do not work for this company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 December 2018
Management is extremely poor. Knee jerk reactions to every situation. Every department is treated like a separate Kingdom, and if you have to deal with someone, make sure you have witnesses.

Every department is full of cancer, and is overseen by either scheming manipulators, or burnt out apathetic paper pushers.

Do not work for this company.
Pros
The salary is mid range, so therefore competitive
Cons
everything else about the company
productive workplace and fun place to work and always on the go
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2018
My work place is a fast paced environment. I deal with outside carriers ie: Land Air Express, Ameri-Connect, DHL and I make sure that their freight is taken care of in a fashionable matter.
Also everyday we have city driver's that would do deliveries and pick ups. When they come in the operations office, they hand their paperwork to myself or my co-worker to process. We would look at their paperwork and check if there are dangerous goods and make sure the right documentation is attached with their paperwork and we would look to see where the freight would be going and we would ship it accordingly. Also a copy of the driver's paperwork is given to
our dock, so they can go into the driver's trailer and strip the freight to be shipped to the correct location.

There are a lot of tasks to be done before my night is complete. I make sure that all documents are correct and make sure that the driver's have a probill number on all their freight, so when the freight is delivered to the destination and if the customer needs information about their freight, they would call our customer care phone number and give them the probill number.

I would also do manifesting for the LineHaul Department as well. Do filing and organizing of the photocopier to make sure that it is full with paper. Also answer any questions from the billers.
Pros
learning more each day. I have been at Apex for 5 years, in different departments
Cons
not having the freight delivered due to problems with the driver's truck or dispatching
An Opportunity to Succeed
Operations (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 July 2018
Apex Motor Express has provided numerous opportunities for me to prove my abilities, daily, weekly and more. The history and experience of the Operations Team is second to none, and their ability to problem solve and strategize is incredible.
Pros
Easy access via public transit, close to amenities (restaurants, shopping, gym)
No shortage of work, flexible working hours!
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 June 2018
Fast paced, great working environment, fair management.
Easy access to public transit.
Great working hours.
Opportunity for full time is there.
Safety is priority 1!
Great colleagues
Sales Representative for domestic LTL freight (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2018
Enjoyed working at Apex and Western Canada Express

Great staff, good service, competitive pricing, great leadership

VPs in various departments were supportive.
Thank you for the opportunity to review
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 February 2017
It was a pleasure to work with a fine cast of individuals. The dispatch team and brokers we a group of dedicated hard working people who strived to provide the best service to our customer base.
Good Communication and Great People
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2014
I enjoy the people I work with. The managers and supervisors are very approachable. I look forward to going to work everyday and I enjoy what I do. I like learning new things and being efficient at my job. The environment is easy going yet everyone works hard.