Apex Motor Express

Apex Motor Express Employee Reviews

Good experience for someone to get start with work billing experience. Great manager and supervisor always there when you have questions. Quite work pace with great team members.
Apex Motor Express is a very cheap company! They expect to get quality guys but are NOT willing to pay the salary competitive with other Trucking, logistics companies in the GTA. The culture at Apex is the old west style. Shoot first, before asking questions. Unfortunately, they are 5 steps behind in regards to current transportation tools and logics. They will always have the revolving door mentality.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no management improvement
Most drivers have their own truck and subcontract from Apex. One position was offered with their truck and paid hourly. Excellent people to work for. Only left because I had to relocate.
This company has a new management team. The main goal of this team is to cut costs and streamline the business. It would seem that part of this plan is to cut Owner Operator pay packages. At a time when many organizations are thanking trucker drivers for continuing to provide essential services during a global pandemic, this management team has cut pay to many of its drivers .
I would not recommend going to work for a company that would treat long term workers this way.

There was a similar review I read early this week that has been removed.

Hopefully Indeed doesn't remove this one .
I have worked at this company for about 5 years. For the most part it has been ok. Reasonable pay for the services I provide to the company .
The worst part has been the lack of job security and lack of proper management at the terminal I work from.

There was a change in management a few months ago . The main focus for them has been cost cutting by any means possible .

Now with the COVID-19 outbreak they have figured out a way to use this as an excuse to slash pay for a handful of employees to below poverty levels.

Be careful about coming to work for a company and management team that would use a global heath crisis as an excuse to cut pay.

Some of the employees this has happened to have been with this company as long as 40 years.
Very fast pace,demented position, trouble shooting and problem solving,good communication with some supervisor and good relationship with driversin finding trailers.
was a great group of people fast pace but the night shift is to hard when you have kids was very close to my house saved me money in the summer cause i could ride my bike to work
Company was good and caring about staff and recognizing who performed and helped through bad times. When vp took over running company he used everyone for own success. They hired a new director of operations in 2018 and has no real management skills. Talked behind everyone's back and tarnished people's career. C and T are just liars that will use you for their own pockets
My typical day is getting my 2 way radio do a walk after in my area see wats need to be done and bring in trucks to the bay doors for the workers to unload very cold environments and dusty
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Apex Motor Express?
i work for them which is they told its all lie i never see like this full of corrupt and liar peoples if you are free then work for them believe me .they told you all different story when they hire you don,t sign contract without reading.5 days you work and you get nothing all i can say its better work someone as a driver you can make more money .now you can understand
I left Apex for the opportunity for more money and possible advancement although I did enjoy the job and got along with everyone. It was a good place to work but I saw no future in it for myself.
It's ok for a temporary job but long term not so much. The environment is pretty much always dirty and dusty, with care free maintained. Management can be better the care more of the work than any concern with employees.
This company is very cheap to work you keep working here with same money for 16 years and there will be no increase in money. Very poor management. Only people come here for time pass
Pros
Even you work after hours there is no money given
Cons
all lazy people here
Apex is not a bad place to work and I learned a lot of things while I was there. I was there as a temp and was there for 8 months. I enjoyed the dept I worked in and I also helped out in Health & Safety and Driver Manager.
Pros
people were helpful
Cons
was only temp
A lot of “locker room” talk. Some racists comments overheard. The work itself is good, some of the coworkers are toxic people. Management is trying to make changes, but doesn’t always succeed.

The position is not very welcoming for LGBTQ+ or women.
Management is extremely poor. Knee jerk reactions to every situation. Every department is treated like a separate Kingdom, and if you have to deal with someone, make sure you have witnesses.

Every department is full of cancer, and is overseen by either scheming manipulators, or burnt out apathetic paper pushers.

Do not work for this company.
Pros
The salary is mid range, so therefore competitive
Cons
everything else about the company
My work place is a fast paced environment. I deal with outside carriers ie: Land Air Express, Ameri-Connect, DHL and I make sure that their freight is taken care of in a fashionable matter.
Also everyday we have city driver's that would do deliveries and pick ups. When they come in the operations office, they hand their paperwork to myself or my co-worker to process. We would look at their paperwork and check if there are dangerous goods and make sure the right documentation is attached with their paperwork and we would look to see where the freight would be going and we would ship it accordingly. Also a copy of the driver's paperwork is given to

our dock, so they can go into the driver's trailer and strip the freight to be shipped to the correct location.

There are a lot of tasks to be done before my night is complete. I make sure that all documents are correct and make sure that the driver's have a probill number on all their freight, so when the freight is delivered to the destination and if the customer needs information about their freight, they would call our customer care phone number and give them the probill number.

I would also do manifesting for the LineHaul Department as well. Do filing and organizing of the photocopier to make sure that it is full with paper. Also answer any questions from the billers.
Pros
learning more each day. I have been at Apex for 5 years, in different departments
Cons
not having the freight delivered due to problems with the driver's truck or dispatching
Apex Motor Express has provided numerous opportunities for me to prove my abilities, daily, weekly and more. The history and experience of the Operations Team is second to none, and their ability to problem solve and strategize is incredible.
Pros
Easy access via public transit, close to amenities (restaurants, shopping, gym)
Fast paced, great working environment, fair management.
Easy access to public transit.

Great working hours.

Opportunity for full time is there.

Safety is priority 1!
I had a typical office clerk job. The people were nice. The job was easy. Pay was low but the position did not require much skill to perform. Hours are fixed and predictable.
Enjoyed working at Apex and Western Canada Express

Great staff, good service, competitive pricing, great leadership

VPs in various departments were supportive.