Apex Motor Express
Apex Motor Express Employee Review

productive workplace and fun place to work and always on the go

5 September 2018
My work place is a fast paced environment. I deal with outside carriers ie: Land Air Express, Ameri-Connect, DHL and I make sure that their freight is taken care of in a fashionable matter. Also everyday we have city driver's that would do deliveries and pick ups. When they come in the operations office, they hand their paperwork to myself or my co-worker to process. We would look at their paperwork and check if there are dangerous goods and make sure the right documentation is attached with their paperwork and we would look to see where the freight would be going and we would ship it accordingly. Also a copy of the driver's paperwork is given to our dock, so they can go into the driver's trailer and strip the freight to be shipped to the correct location. There are a lot of tasks to be done before my night is complete. I make sure that all documents are correct and make sure that the driver's have a probill number on all their freight, so when the freight is delivered to the destination and if the customer needs information about their freight, they would call our customer care phone number and give them the probill number. I would also do manifesting for the LineHaul Department as well. Do filing and organizing of the photocopier to make sure that it is full with paper. Also answer any questions from the billers.
Pros
learning more each day. I have been at Apex for 5 years, in different departments
Cons
not having the freight delivered due to problems with the driver's truck or dispatching
13 July 2020
Supervisor (Current Employee) - Brampton, ON
Apex Motor Express is a very cheap company! They expect to get quality guys but are NOT willing to pay the salary competitive with other Trucking, logistics companies in the GTA. The culture at Apex is the old west style. Shoot first, before asking questions. Unfortunately, they are 5 steps behind in regards to current transportation tools and logics. They will always have the revolving door mentality.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no management improvement
25 May 2020
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) - Brampton, ON
Good experience for someone to get start with work billing experience. Great manager and supervisor always there when you have questions. Quite work pace with great team members.
26 March 2020
Shunting (Former Employee) - Brampton, ON
Very fast pace,demented position, trouble shooting and problem solving,good communication with some supervisor and good relationship with driversin finding trailers.