Apex Motor Express Employee Reviews

productive workplace and fun place to work and always on the go
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2018
My work place is a fast paced environment. I deal with outside carriers ie: Land Air Express, Ameri-Connect, DHL and I make sure that their freight is taken care of in a fashionable matter.
Also everyday we have city driver's that would do deliveries and pick ups. When they come in the operations office, they hand their paperwork to myself or my co-worker to process. We would look at their paperwork and check if there are dangerous goods and make sure the right documentation is attached with their paperwork and we would look to see where the freight would be going and we would ship it accordingly. Also a copy of the driver's paperwork is given to
our dock, so they can go into the driver's trailer and strip the freight to be shipped to the correct location.

There are a lot of tasks to be done before my night is complete. I make sure that all documents are correct and make sure that the driver's have a probill number on all their freight, so when the freight is delivered to the destination and if the customer needs information about their freight, they would call our customer care phone number and give them the probill number.

I would also do manifesting for the LineHaul Department as well. Do filing and organizing of the photocopier to make sure that it is full with paper. Also answer any questions from the billers.
Pros
learning more each day. I have been at Apex for 5 years, in different departments
Cons
not having the freight delivered due to problems with the driver's truck or dispatching
An Opportunity to Succeed
Operations (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 July 2018
Apex Motor Express has provided numerous opportunities for me to prove my abilities, daily, weekly and more. The history and experience of the Operations Team is second to none, and their ability to problem solve and strategize is incredible.
Pros
Easy access via public transit, close to amenities (restaurants, shopping, gym)
Just a Job
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
I had a typical office clerk job. The people were nice. The job was easy. Pay was low but the position did not require much skill to perform. Hours are fixed and predictable.
Great colleagues
Sales Representative for domestic LTL freight (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2018
Enjoyed working at Apex and Western Canada Express

Great staff, good service, competitive pricing, great leadership

VPs in various departments were supportive.
fun job
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC5 February 2018
a fast paced environment where time expectations are the way of life. - salary is ok and it does offer good benefits. overall I enjoyed my time there.
journée typique
Chauffeur-livreur classe 3 (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC20 September 2017
Arrivée 7h charger camion et effectuer livraisons et ramasses dans la ville de Québec
Pros
Contact avec clentèle
Cons
Délais vs heures d'ouvertures commerces..
Thank you for the opportunity to review
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 February 2017
It was a pleasure to work with a fine cast of individuals. The dispatch team and brokers we a group of dedicated hard working people who strived to provide the best service to our customer base.
good after school job for students
Data entry clerk & Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC25 January 2017
Good after school job for students,
They are really good at working around your school schedule.
They expect a lot, but over all not a bad job.
very repetitive.
Poor place to work
OS&D Clerical (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
Wages are low for the office staff.
Increased work load with no raises.
Management treats employees ok.
Do not waste your time with this employer.
Pros
Supervision treats emplyees ok
Nice place to work
Cariste (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC9 May 2016
Did your required job. Work basically alone
Worked as a lift tow operator the whole time. Very good workplace.
Personnel very efficient.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  311 Croft DR15 October 2015
Great place for people who are heard headed and aggressive.
Small staff.
unpredictable hours.
perfect for people who like doing the same thing day by day.
Good Communication and Great People
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2014
I enjoy the people I work with. The managers and supervisors are very approachable. I look forward to going to work everyday and I enjoy what I do. I like learning new things and being efficient at my job. The environment is easy going yet everyone works hard.
Processing and investigating claims and transferred to collections
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2012
My typical day of working as a claims process was gathering information as back up for claims. As always I like to be efficient as possible. Dealing with peoples problems on daily basis was exhausting at time but I learn to accommodate and listen more carefully to the issues. At first there was just two of us in the office then our company merged with another company and our dept grew into five employees. I learned two different teams same goal so we had to create a cohesive working environment and work as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is gathering evidence to support the claims and collections recovering money owed. It was a learning experience on company take overs and merging together.
Pros
orientation about private companies
Cons
merges can be difficult
Processing and investigating claims and transferred to collections
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2012
My typical day of working as a claims process was gathering information as back up for claims. As always I like to be efficient as possible. Dealing with peoples problems on daily basis was exhausting at time but I learn to accommodate and listen more carefully to the issues. At first there was two employees in the claims dept then our company merged with another company and our dept grew into five employees. I learned two different teams same goal so we had to create a cohesive working environment and work as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is gathering evidence to support the claims and collections recovering money owed. It was a learning experience on company take overs and merging together.
Pros
orientation about private companies
Cons
merges can be difficult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Motor Express. Our community is ready to answer.