Apex Industries Inc.

Apex Industries Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced and energetic environment

When it comes to product quality they are a leader in that industry. Of course it is profit driven in the bottom line is always the main concern. Overall management is excellent. However there could be some better choices made when it comes to Foreman's. Overall I found it a very good work experience.

Pros

Benefits. Great crew to work with

Cons

Sometimes there could be better organizations

Generally bad place to work with poor to terrible management.

I would not recommend Apex to anyone. The management is generally poor and TBH are quite often bully's. Overtime is generally forced. There is room to learn to skills and be cross trained but wages do not reflect your training. The raises they do give are zero(had 4 years where no raises were given and were told to not have a bad attitude about it.) to 1.00 but you would need to work as if you had a raise of 3.00.There are beinifts but if you need the family plan you will go broke as they are 275/month + and you are actively told that if you use the beinifts then you are the reason for the raises. All in all, I would not recommend this place as a job or a career(heaven forbid you took College to work here...please dont!) If you are looking to work in the welding field most ppl use apex as a send off point to other provinces as you can be a person of the street and "learn" welding at Apex.

Pros

Basic pay check(you can get that elsewhere)

Cons

Bad management bullying supervisors bad pay forced ot

Never had a problem working here and if there was it got resolved in a great manner. Great team to be around and always something new to keep you on your feet.

Cross training is good.

Job security and cross training. Lots of departments to work in. 3 different shifts to choose from. Wages better than most places in Moncton. Also different divisions to work in.

Disorganized

-Inadequate shop ventilation leaves you going home with headaches almost every day. "WorkSafe NB" is a trigger word here and can get you fired for even mentioning it, like saying the word "bomb" at the airport. No doubt working here long term will give you some form of cancer. -Disorganized management and a lack of wanting to improve means you'll be the company's b*tch, but so will everyone else. Nobody really has any titles, and the ones they do have are meaningless. Everybody does everything, and you go into work having no idea what you'll be doing or who's mess you're going to be cleaning up. I spent about 20% of my time employed here actually doing what I was hired to do, the rest was other duties that they don't want to specifically hire and train a single person to do. -Not unionized, and you can tell because the pay is absolute garbage. Literally just over minimum wage to do work that will break your back and give you cancer when you're older. -"We don't hire losers" is what I was told in the interview. But all they hire are losers! Every single person there is stuck working there and hates it. Most of the people working at Apex are people who do not have the means to create a better life elsewhere. -Junk. They make junk. If you want doors and door frames that are glued together and filled with auto-body filler then go ahead and buy your overpriced doors from Apex. The reason Apex's estimates are so expensive is because the shop is terribly unorganized and jobs are always late and take much longer to complete, stacking up tons of overtime hours. They are not -

Pros

Can't think of anything

Cons

Garbage pay, bad management, can't hold onto employees, very unsafe work environment

Productive workplace

I really enjoyed working at Apex . Management was good. I learned alot about welding and about putting together Doors . The workplace was safe and i would recommend it to anyone really .

Internship in private sector research projects

Research projects : Active Compensation for Volumetric Errors (ACVE) Volumetric Errors Measuring System (VEMS) Conception and construction of 5-axis CNC prototype for proof of concept Calibration and optimization of machining and assembly processes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Industries Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement