Apex Distribution Inc.

Apex Distribution Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
Good crews to work with, had a lot of fun on the job with these guys. You learn a lot of cool stuff too, gives you a broader understanding of the nature of what's done in the oil and gas industry.
Pros
money
Cons
long hours and camp
Great guys and great company to work for. Fast paced position with lots of benefits. Learn the ins and outs of day to day dealings involved with the oil and gas sector.
Hard workers are Rewarded, great benefits, good bonus structure. Great customer service. Distribution side is solid. Let you be part of decision making b
Apex Fox Creek was a great place to work. Very competitive bonuses, and easy to work with staff and management. would recommend working there if things turn around
The management would come back and scream at you! They thought they knew what they were talking about when coming to the back. I would never work there again. They would move new guys up and keep the guy who have been there for a year at the same position. They would tell you if you come in on weekend it would be overtime but after you worked the weekend thinking you were getting paid overtime, you would go and ask if they were paying overtime and they would say I never said that to you. They are a bunch of crooks
Pros
Good guys to work with
Cons
Management Doesn’t respect the guys in the shop
Good atmosphere and family orientated company. Willing to offer training and advancement.

Friendly and inviting staff and always willing to work with you on scheduling.
This was a great company to work for but my body could not take the heavy labor. The staff and management was great. Pay and benefits were even better. I learned a lot about valve's and the importance of them
Should never have started there. Managment was completely unaware of what actually happens in their stock room.
Safety was more of a suggestion than a practice.
It was nice working with good guys. The companys i have been working with they are all nice. For me i think that once the company and the guys you are up going that makes a everyone happy
Positive workplace culture, approachable management, successfully managed and a profitable company with no red tape to get things done.

Compensation and bonus programs defined and achievable. Transparent financial results shared, bench marking and goals discussed, open friendly communication. Success driven to be number 1 in the industry.

Teamwork between locations and head office with the head office having a service attitude toward branches. Leadership with no egos or employees being political, a culture of success and winning all around.

Challenges - Apex was bought by a public company several years ago,they are slowly trying to interject their top driven policies that do not fit the oil industry - Apex Culture trying to remain intact.
Pros
Fun culture in a successful company, great benefits, flexibility
Cons
too many internal and external audits now, Volatile Oil Industry in Alberta
If you do not fit in the team, not related to the work but office politics, you are fired. You can work hard as much as you want, if you are not a part of the office gossiping you will loose the job.
Fun place to work for. Lots of flexibilities, benefits are ok, environment is ok, employees friendly and easy going, management good, salary ok, overall good place to work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
flexibility
One of Canada's 50 Best Managed companies for a reason. Their management and sales/marketing skills are second to none. Really enjoyed working here and would work their for the rest of my life.
good career advancement
very fast paced environment

good group of people to work with

good recognition from management

bought out by National Oilwell Varco
A typical day at work was entertaining and fast paced usually. Always learning the new parts that were ordered, the many names they were known by, the sizes, how they were put together. Hardest part of the job was remembering what parts needed to be billed with what parts when the sales people did not write them all down. The most enjoyable part of the job was the entertaining co-workers and customers that would be in and around all day long.
Pros
Able to be doing family orientated moments that would come up.
Was with the company for 8 years, took a few transfers doing so and met some good people along the way. Transferred to the valve side and had emailed the manager and area manager regarding my role as it seemed to switch everyday there. I was fine with that but after I moved to a knew city it was brought to my attention I needed to be near my phone 24/7.. no joke. I asked for a solution and was let go the next day. Horrible management
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Horrible management and no reason
I enjoyed working there my co-workers were alwasy in a joking mood it was never dull and even the boss got in on the jokes and would still be working there but I needed to move away for my wife and my kids
Great people, great leadership, room for growth, good compensation.

Overall a wonderful place to work! The people are amazing and are only there to help!
Pros
Overall Amazing Place to Work!
Cons
I worked for Apex Distribution for 8 years, took a transfer to Leduc on the valve side and was let go after 3 months because I was told I would be doing other work and was miss lead. I asked for a fair solution and it wasn't even discussed, let go like that!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management staff was very poor, no room for opinions.
The most enjoyable company I have ever worked for. I got pushed in many different directions, motivated to learn new skills. My co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
Great staff. Great company to work for.
Meet a lot of people and help a lot of people getting what they need when they need it
Pros
Great people