Aon Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Nothing about this place is enjoyable.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  North York, ON22 May 2018
Not a great place to work at. Great deal of stress due to lack of training, and very poor management.

Compensation is poor, Not aligned to peoples skills and everyday responsibilities.

The new medical benefits, due to company name change, are very poor as well.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Have to work Statutory Holidays
Typical call centre environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
If you are working in the call centre, the environment is generally stressful with a ridiculously high volume of calls because of high-turnover, which means always under-staffed. Management is kind of a joke, except for a select few, even though they are all very nice. Comments that should be reported to HR happen constantly in this place, strangely mostly by managers.
Pros
It's a job, pay is ok, bonuses that are actually attainable
Cons
Being under-staffed, lack of teamwork, poor on-floor management
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
I had a good experience, I learn lot from mistakes, from others colleagues and from the support team.
Is only the way wich is how the training is done is not the best, but still a lot of good things I could learn from it.
Great team!
Worked with a lot of wonderful people. Very professional.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I had a great time working there, made lots of connections. Learned a lot about benefits and pensions. However the department I worked with was managed very badly, and unfortunately that is what I think lead to the disintegration of the Small-Market Dept.
Pros
Great location.
Cons
Bad Management.
Great learning opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
A typical day consists of taking calls throughout the day.
You learn a lot about payroll, time and attendance and workforce administration.
Benefits
no chance to improve
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
on the phone and dealing with employee. Didnt learn much for it was such a short time. the management wasnt great for noone really tell you the truth. They seem just talk and not help employee to improve
Experience of early in my CSR Role
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2015
Few years back (my first CSR role probably), while I was working for one company, I remember being by myself in the Department, that was one evening, when I received a customer who came to order a particular special item to me. I knew that I once had watched my supervisor doing the same order on computer but I had never ever had a training on how to do it. With confidence, I started ordering the item on my system and my client was sitting beside.
Arrived in the middle of the transaction, I was stuck. I did not know where to go, which way or button to press. And then, we started looking one another.
After like 5 to 10 minutes without any word, an idea came into my mind, I called the assistant line for help. The guy who I spoke to was so much helpful and he was able to lead me throughout the whole process.
Then I was able to help my customer although it took longer than expected. I was so impressed on how my client was so patient and kind to me, until the end of the transaction. He understood me and finally was satisfied and pleased.
What I learned, when working, we won't be always easy things, we sometimes meet with hard situations that require immediate decision making. In middle, it wasn't really funny, but it ended well at least and my client was served and happy. I compare this like life. Life is not always easy, sometimes it requires to push and squeeze. Challenges are good in particular times! They prepare you for the next level!!
Excellent workplace with wonderful people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2014
I loved working with Aon Hewitt. Excellent working conditions, great staff and working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people, and carefully tailor the coverage plans to their needs, helping them choose what suited them better.
Pros
relaxed, productive atmosphere
Optical solutions
Customer Service Representative /OFS (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON28 April 2014
 Support the Sales, Operations and Service Departments
 Record keeping
 Track shipments
 Screen and responds to general telephone inquiries from clients
 Dictation and creation of memos, letters to be mailed to clients and/or staff
 Manage and defuse customer complaints
 Service walk in customer while fulfilling service and pharmaceutical orders
 Create invoices and service for products
 Create and fax PDF and Hardcopy quotes to send to potential clients
 Answer phones and provide accurate product information on company products
 Update client accounts with up to date information
 Maintain SAP database regarding customer accounts
 Assist Sales Reps with customer orders and inquiries
Pros
location
Cons
family business, no room for growth
insurance company
Customer service Adviser for Participant Benefits (Former Employee) –  Montreal16 January 2014
I was working from 9-5,monday to friday. I learned everything about insurance company.My co-working were amazing and very friendly.The hardest part is when the client is angry for no reason. the most enjoyable part was when the client was satisfied. It was located in Montreal Downtown.
Challenging and fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 November 2013
Challenging and fun place to work. Good shift work options.
Bilingual french &english- strong solving skills- articulate and excellent communication skills
Customer Service Administrative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2012
Answer to calls
Advise employees and retirees regarding them inquiries.
Manage system issues
Handle Benefits plan
I learn a lot about the plan benefits and how to resolve some issues auickly and efficiently. Once I understood how to do I don't see a lot of difficulties.
The grateful is when the customer (employees-retirees). I enjoy to help people to solve issues.