Anytime Fitness
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

Canada115 reviews

Found 115 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,652 reviews

Easy entry, no way to progress.

Your experience will vary from owner to owner but the gym I work at wont give us the tools we need to attract more clients so I can’t make more money, and the wage for training is among the lowest in the city.

management was the worst

You worked by yourself for 10 hour shifts so it was very boring at times. Lot of clients would come in angry and yell at you. Management was really bad and would leave you to fend for yourself

Insights into Anytime Fitness

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Former employee

Management is unorganized and the turn over rate is terrible! Always new people, no way of progress with this job. Looking for something permanent, loyal and has honour in their employees, this is not the place! They will do you dirty and let you go before your three months so they don’t have to pay into benefits.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Fun workplace, great opportunity to grow and make new connections with new people.

Overall this job was great, coworkers and owners were great. The job fluctuates between fast paced and slow paced depending on sales and season. Opportunity for job advancement or raises is minimal. Hours are pretty set.

Pros

Bonuses every once and a while, staff get togethers and celebrations.

Cons

Low flexibility with set hours, works best for full time employees but can be done part time as well.

It was Alright

I enjoyed the people coming to the classes and the co-workers! It was pretty straight forward and did not have any issues with the workout plans. During the pandemic made it challening.

Not fun too small , we were not allowed to used equipment

The owner was resist , the manager was very micro manger and always was on your nerve , the environment, was okay sometimes but was too small to train and the had no limit for members

Enjoyed my time

Enjoyed my time with anytime fitness. The owner provided good training at the location I worked at. Anytime is a franchise so I can't speak to all locations however the one I worked at was really nice.

Good place to start as a trainer

Good place to start out as a trainer but quickly learn it is profit oriented. Focus more on maximizing how many people you can see as opposed to quality of service. Constantly had you to reach out to members to try and push the overpriced training packages even after they have said no or expressed no interest. Work was enjoyable and loved working with the clients but you only got paid for each training session and not actual time spent working/at the facility. Didn’t get paid a training wage for assessments and other duties only trainers could do

Pros

Fun work

Cons

Poor pay

Fun workplace, I can exercise anytime I want

They are very good, I had an good interview, I get to Exsercie anytime I want to. They are very positive, always have their customers first than their self, helping the customers in need

Pros

Good work an environment

Cons

Fun place to work, members make it all worthwhile.

In my time as a Personal Trainer, I felt supported by the management team. They give you the flexibility to build your own client base, and the tools needed to keep them engaged and coming back for more.

harassment, lazy owners, lack of care for members

terrible place to work no respect, no compensation no proper training, no consistency staff should be there 24/7 as members completely take advantage of lack of supervision good luck

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

I wouldn't want to ever work here again but everything's different for everyone

You do everything here sales, admin, cleaning, cold calling, dealing with unhappy clients all for minimum wage not fair the manager at my location was the most unorganized unprofessional passive aggressive person to work for I just all around felt under appreciated

Pros

free membership, schedule flexibility

Cons

everything

Poor managrment and high turnover -no job security

Terrible place to work ! Do not get sucked in - very high turnover, management does not care about its employees, no work life balance , talk of benefits etc but either doesn't happen or let go beforehand , high expectations , little training , micromanaging , poor communication, company doesn't value employees , stay away !!

Pros

Free gym pass

Cons

No breaks, no job security, no value

Would not Recommend

Typical day at work: member conversations, data entry, phone screenings, emails, new member sign upsWhat you learned: how not to run a businessManagement: manager was great to work for but she had minimal opportunity to do anything because owner's prioritized personal finances over that of the facilities workplace culture: despite the lack of owner involvement, manager made workplace fun and was creative with member retention initiatives hardest part of the job: lack of owner investment most enjoyable part of job: working with coworkers and manager

Pros

Great manager (she has now left though)

Cons

owners, long hours, terrible pay, lack of investment in employees

Fun workplace if you enjoy sales and customer relations

Over all not a terrible place to work as a sales/gym manager. You are pressured to make sales and push sales on all potential members. When you do not meet the expectations then you would have a private meeting with your regional managers or they will call you out on the spot on your poor performance. A lot of sugarcoating and blanket type descriptions on promotions and membership agreements. Also pushing to upsell menberships with coaching and other additional features, that are expensive. You are basically on call 24/7 your phone is constantly going off, definitely a job where you take it home with you. If you are passionate about sales and the fitness industry and don't have much of a life outside work and the gym, youll love it.

Pros

Free gym membership, discounted coaching, family/spousal membership discount, sale bonuses

Cons

Long hours, pressure sales, potential commute, poor work-home lifestyle balance, drama within staff members

Great place to work just management can be a lot to handle

Great place. Even better gym just a tough time when management doesn’t listen or even attempt to fix anything your fired on the spot, without another word. Just removed from group work chats and told not to show up and if you do your key fob will have been disabled.

Pros

Short shifts

Cons

Short shifts

Awful place to work.

This was a terrible experience all they did was make promises and not keep them Just to tell me that I should be in the gym For 14 hours and day and they will only pay me minimum wage for 3 hours MAX. They basically take advantage of your excitement to be a personal trainer. I was also threatened to be fired for missing a meeting to meet with a client. Mean while my manager missed 5 meetings in 3 weeks.

Pros

Free gym membership

Cons

All clubs are individually owned

The club I worked at the owner was a disgusting gawking pig who made clients uncomfortable when they were in the club. The pay was stupid low for the hours worked the expectation of working hours is often 20 hours a day availability. The club is too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. I would not recommend working for the anytime fitness in Brampton near Williams parkway and Mississauga road. Horrid place to work.

Pros

Free gym access

Beware of Abusive, Sociopathic Owner

The owner Lonnie and his wife Brenda seem like a nice people at first, but their true nature comes out after you've worked there a few weeks. I've encountered sociopaths before, but Lonnie is by far the worst. He plays mind games with his staff and gas lights them all the time, making them feel worthless, stupid, and wrong. He pretends to be highly empathetic but in reality, he has no remorse or empathy for his actions. He's verbally abusive, dictatorial, and obsessive-compulsive about how you perform your job. Actually, every day he watches you on the cameras from his home and calls you when he sees anything he doesn't like, including taking a bathroom break. There is literally no room to breathe there! Lonnie is notorious for yelling at his employees, even for little things. Ask anyone who's ever worked there and they'll all tell you they are traumatized. In fact, many former members are traumatized too. Lonnie and Brenda have kicked out so many ladies for wearing crop tops or skin-tight clothing. He's even kicked out guys who simply looked "too buff" (probably because it bruises his ego). How they've never been sued yet for sexist discrimination is mind-boggling! During COVID-19, Lonnie and Brenda defied public health orders to shut the gym down and forced their employees to show up to work even though their lives were being put in danger. They are both virus deniers who believe a vegan diet is all that is required to survive COVID-19. It took multiple calls from the community to the by-law officer to finally shut the place down. Finally, if you're a personal -

Pros

Cons

Abusive owners

Love the environment

Love working at Anytime Fitness. My dream job. Only reasoning I am not working there is because of co-vid. The boss and owner has been wonderful to me.

Stressful

The company makes you follow up with delinquent accounts and you get yelled alot at. This shouldn't be the fitness manager job but someone in the head office like a collection specialist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement