Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 67 reviews matching the search See all 1,014 reviews
Absolutely terrible management
Location/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB5 December 2018
The management at Anytime Fitness has had multiple employment standard complaints. They act as if they value you, and then violate MULTIPLE employment standards.

As far as the actual work goes, anticipate to have to do everything yourself because there is only one employee. Pay is decent, but you hardly get any hours.
Watch who you work for.
Part-time employee (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 November 2018
Was promised a lot when I applied and given the bare minimum. I brought in business as soon as I started (from my previous job), and proved myself more than capable of being a manager and working full time hours. The owner refused to give me full time hours, does not want to discuss wage increases with employees or offer fair compensation for the amount of work required and expected, and does not keep his employees in mind. No professionalism of having an employment contract to sign, with the outlined wage, responsibilities, and pay scale - or a non-compete clause. There are a lot more complaints I can make about how the business is run, but my bottom line is watch who you work for. During your interview don't be afraid to interview your potential boss as well, and make it clear that you would like to see and sign an employment contract before you start.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
All the responsibility without proper compensation
Good company to work for
Personal/Group Trainer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 November 2018
Good company to work for.Management is nice.Training is okay.Good entry level job for trainers.Flexible schedule for school and other work.Clean work environment.Only applicable to Clayton Heights location.
Amazing! Rewarding with great opportunity for advancement.
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON8 November 2018
Career opportunity at Anytime Fitness has been phenomenal! A lot of autonomy but the right individuals and the right work ethic are key to success. There is a lot of opportunity for personal and professional development. Positions are sales focussed while providing good customer service and maintaining high standards within the facility. It is a rewarding career working with a fun team of people, and lots of room for growth.
Pros
Free membership, team building events, personal development opportunities, high autonomy, rewarding compensation.
Cons
Hard work - if you’re not interested in working hard.
Always new
Sale's Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2018
An incredible place to work with wonderful management team. Were always very understanding about scheduling. Learned a lot about communication and organizastion
Small Gym Setting
Administrative work (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 October 2018
With a small gym there is less opportunities to advance within the company. Solid place to start and put work into if the patience and willingness to learn on your own is there
Don't bother working here
Personal Trainer, office stafff (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC27 September 2018
individually franchise owned, 95% of the owners don't have a clue of how to run a gym. Its a cookie cutter franchise business model. you get no support from them. you are required to pick up your own clients basically from scratch, not many members there to start with. The % you receive starts at only 40% which is 20$ in most cases. A lot of unpaid hours to pick up clients, do paperwork, etc. no benefits or anything.
Pros
you can work for free to build up your confidence in order to approach clients
Cons
unpaid hours, no support from owners or management staff, poor pay, no benefits
Okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC8 September 2018
Some of the owners were great, the other half were not. They were intimidating, hurtful, rude, accusatory and had no interest in their own personal health let alone any one elses personal fitness
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 July 2018
A mostly younger team with lots of energy and enthusiasm.

This was a fast paced high energy company that was progressive and open to change. Loved the people
Fun
Manager Trainee/ Art Director/ (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region13 June 2018
Anytime Fitness is a kind workplace that has a welcoming environment. Working for Anytime Fitness is fun, you get to know a lot of people, workout and have fun!
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
No Overtime Pay
Fun work environment
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON28 May 2018
It was alot of fun working with them, until i did not know what my position was after a couple months, I was not getting called in for shifts or anything, i found out last week that i was put on the sub list and they did not have time for more people working with two co ops in all day everyday and with two people working all day, but found out that they just hired someone else and not giving me shifts.
Pros
The Manager
Cons
Not letting me know my work situation
Decent
Part time employee (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON19 April 2018
On the smaller side compared to your ordinary gym. Good balance between work and social life. Job role was pretty simple and straight forward. i am very knowledgeable when it comes to the gym industry so it was a great way to familiarize myself with this type of interaction.
great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 March 2018
loved this job. I was worried about it being a 24/7 gym but the security is intense and makes you feel relaxed. My boss was great, paid me on time always. I would totally recommend this for work!
Fun workplace
Assistant Faculty Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2018
Working at anytime fitness was a very interesting experience, it was also very fun. All the employees were very kind and respectful. The hardest part of the day was that I constantly had to walk around the gym constantly organizing or cleaning equipment, but it was worth it because I got to join into some of the fitness classes which meant i get to keep my fitness consistent while working.
Pros
working out
Cons
Positive environment, fun job.
Club Manager (Current Employee) –  Angus, ON1 March 2018
I've been in several different management roles but this has been by far my favorite. Being a franchise all club locations have different owners; the owners of Anytime Fitness Angus go above and beyond anyone I've worked for in the past. They give you the freedom to make the decisions you see fit but the support to help you come to that decision in the first place. They believe in a proper work/life balance and never make you feel guilty for needing any time off. They always give you the support you in need in any day-to-day activity in the club and you never feel like you're in the job alone.

The job itself is very rewarding; I love coming into work every day. I get to bring my passion for health and fitness with me and share it with everyone who walks through that door. In a typical day I spend time on the computer, making phone calls, cleaning and spending time out on the floor with our members - I never get bored as there's always something interesting to keep me busy. I would highly recommend working at this location to anyone who loves fitness and people.
Pros
Free membership, flexible schedule, constant support
Loved this job
Office and Gym Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2018
The reason I left this job was the location. I do not enjoy driving to downtown Calgary every day... I had an underground parking for free and gym membership.
Pros
Free membership. Made my own hours
Cons
location
An alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2018
-took care of everything in the club from cleaning to sales. It was a lot of work, and the pay is not worth it.
-the managers/boss' are really cool aside from not paying what someone is worth.
-There's not much room for advancement and the job becomes repetitive and boring.
-If you get bored or grossed out easily, this is probably not the job for you.
Pros
free gym membership, learn a lot about business
Cons
Not enough hours, not paid enough, boring
Healthy environment
Membership Sales (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC29 December 2017
Fun environment to work in with healthy individuals who are wanting to better themselves. The only downfall is there are no benefits and you work with minimal to no breaks.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Salary and no breaks
Fun to work at, Won't make a living
Trainer (Former Employee) –  BC7 November 2017
Worked as a personal trainer. If you're looking to support yourself, get a permanent part-time job and do this on the side. The pay isn't that great, but you can make your own schedule.
Great enviornment
Personal Trainer/Sales (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 November 2017
Everyone is so friendly, comfortable environment. Non intimidating atmosphere, and vert supportive staff. Members are amazing and it is the happiest work place you can join!
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Hours vary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.