Anytime Fitness

Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

Canada92 reviews
customer service
lots of fun people to meet every day it was a fun environment to be in. job duties were easy and not stressful at all. pay was good for the duties of the job
Administrative and Sales
Have to be on top of your emails to ensure the business is running with clients.
Cleaning the gym to make sure all clients are in a neat space to workout.
Pros
Commission
Cons
No cons
Positive atmosphere to promote health
I loved going to work each day because I knew with the positive atmosphere I was able to help others work towards their goals. Working one on one with an individual to tailor a specific plan for their goals was empowering for me and the client.
Productive yet friendly and casual environment
One of the best companies to work at. Great owner, management, staff and work facility. I am still working with the company as a different structure, and I would never want to leave - such great culture with customers and staff.
Pros
Casual and relaxing
Cons
Limited hours
Enjoyable to work with people who love the gym
Friendly and supportive staff. Members are very respectful and cooperative most of the time. Except for a few cases. Overall a delightful experience. I loved sharing the love for the gym with other staff and members.
Eh.
It was a fairly stressful work environment probably in most part to the competitiveness and the profuse pressure to sign new members. It's not the typical job where you go in and do you work and leave, you need to put time and energy into it that some may just not have.
Varies by franchise depending on ownership.
The job itself was very rewarding, but the ownership at the franchise I worked at was completely unacceptable. Borderline mentally abusive to all staff members. Do not apply for any job at the Campbell River location. You will be made to do way more work than described, and not compensated for it. The owner makes you feel awesome at first and seems very nice, but later talks down to you and expects the world from you. Many staff members took quite a while to recover after working at this location.
Upper management is professional and gives props when deserved.Encouraging upper management. Owner really cares about his clubs and his staff.Great place to work.
Great place to work and hang out. Come on down!
I recommend this place to beginners and advanced gym go- ers. Staff is friendly and will help with questions anytime one asks. Please don't hesitate to pop in and check it out.
Fantastic place to work with a great team.
If you are looking for a job that offers lots of down time but has moments of excitement then this it. Anytime Fitness was a great place to work and your co-workers are excited to be there, which makes everyday that much better. Be ready to sell though, compassion closing tends to work best with hard closes spooking the clientele.
Community environment, great place to work
When I arrive at work I great and am greeted by the gym members and staff. Everyone is in a good mood and happy to be there. Manager is always friendly and helpful.
Worst franchise and owners in calgary
I worked for 3 different locations with 2 different owners and they are both shady. I worked for $14 an hour less than minimum wage, as MANAGER. The owners were never present. However often spied on staff via facility cameras. During hiring process the owner asked me if the applicant was hot if not they dont get the job. Favouritism, some members pay less if they are liked than the ones that arent. Uncertified trainers.
Pros
Cons
2 many 2 list
working for this company is great!
is and amazing place to work, the manager is an absolutely saint who helps when needed and always includs us when doing things that involves our supplies or orders.
Members are amazing!
Management is aweful. Can't keep staff

Work split shifts, so you always feel like you are at work.

The members are what make you want to stay! The job is very exhausting
Not a healthy place
Gyms should be a place where you go to get healthy... this is where you go to destroy your mind

There's no staff attrition. The best intentioned people come in and leave with broken spirits. Wouldn't recommend. Poor management poor training and you'll be held 100% accountable for things you were not properly prepared for.
Great place to work!!!!
I love it at anytime fitness! My bosses are really encouraging and they give back professional positive criticism when i need it. Ive never felt so appreciated by the members and my coworkers. If you like the gym atmosphere and are an outgoing person who loves to bring people together and watch them grow, then this is the perfect job!
Stay away
They have such a high turn over rate. They will fire after three months even if you go above and beyond. The only good part about working there is the people who workout. The staff doesn't even bother getting to know you or anything. The owners are very nice and the manager is as well. but suck to work with
Franchised Locations - Inept Management
What started out as what looked like a solid place to work. It was interesting, learning the fitness industry and the such, but soon it soured. Menial tasks became the management's biggest priority, I guess because they knew there was nothing to do it. Tasks that they thought would take hours to do realistically took minutes.

Come the summer, management would take roughly 8 weeks of vacation, and expected somebody they're paying minimum wage to run the place. It wasn't hard, not at all, but boring, and there was no incentive to perform beyond expectations as they would never pay more (how could they? the money was needed for their vacations). The 8 weeks in summer wasn't all of it, at least 10, maybe even 12 were taken over the course of the year. I suppose that's what happens when you buy your position and not earn in it in the typical management sense. Live and learn.
not bad to work for
pay was not reasonable but work culture was ok.
enjoyed management role, working with clients and other staff

hardest part was travel and rate of pay
Pros
enjoyable enviroment
Cons
very low wage
Flexible
I loved the atmosphere at Anytime Fitness. The owner was amazing and taught me so many things while working there. They have a great set up and really involved members.
Great starter for any personal trainer
Great way for any beginner personal trainer to use their health wellness and fitness knowledge in a easy to use structure built by anytime fitness. Great community.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.