Anthropologie Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CA4 April 2018
This was one of the best jobs to work as a seasonal associate. Working during the holidays can be hectic but my coworkers were great and I had flexibility with my schedule.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chinook Centre Calgary21 December 2017
I enjoyed working at Anthropologie, a typical day was pretty easy going and helping the customers was always a joy. However, the management was quite inclusive and many played favourites making it hard to feel appreciated. The pay was good but the hours were long making it hard to balance your social life.
Pros
Discounts
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2017
Great place to work! great environment. Overall good employees and management really wants the focus to be on their customers and employees having a good time.
Fun and enchanting store.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 September 2017
Loved this job. Had to quit because I was working 4 jobs at the time. There are great store discounts and constant opportunities to move up at your store or in the company. Management was easy to talk to and the staff meetings were always fun.
Pros
store discount, scheduled breaks
Terrible work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 August 2017
The pay here is very minimal and they give you very weird hours. sometimes you work 4 times a week, sometimes you can go as long as 2-3 weeks without a single shift. they discriminate their customers, paying special attention to rich white women and excluding everyone else. terrible culture, would not recommend working here.
Fun environment to work in
Anthropologie Apparel Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Don Mills, ON22 June 2017
A typical day at my job would be coming in and reviewing the numbers from the day before to see if we met our goals for that day. Then we would look into the plan for today and what we can do to ensure that our goals for that day are met. Tills would then be opened for the day and the plan for shipment would be set up.

Then right before we open I would call a meeting with everyone who's in and we would discuss the plan together and decide what to focus on that day (promos, suggestive-selling, etc) Then the day would start and I would run the floor, make sure everyones in the right position and that things are running smoothly.

I loved the environment and everyone I worked with, however some days seemed tedious and I didn't always feel like I was learning anything new anymore, which was upsetting.
Never felt welcome
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2017
Anthropologie holds their identity very high when considering new candidates. When I struggled with issues in my health I did not receive the support I needed from management or my coworkers.
Supportive and up-beat workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2017
Management was always friendly and supportive. The great attitude carried throughout the store and a typical work day was full of positivity. The most difficult part of the job was how physically demanding walking on your feet for 8+ hours can be. Wear comfortable shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping our customers find clothes and styles that they loved. I learned the elements to being a stylist and becoming part of the fashion industry.
Pros
great discount, friendly customers, supportive co-workers, easy to be organized, overall nice environment
Cons
long closing hours, feet might get sore
Fun and flexible
Sales Associate/Cash Wrap Expert (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 May 2017
The company provides lots of opportunities for employees to try new things throughout the store. Management is supportive and encourage people to advance, job-wise. Great discount. Can be difficult to maintain steady hours if part-time, as per usual with most retail jobs.
they were like family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
working at anthro was like working with family. it was truly an honor to have anthro a part of my life. i will be sure to keep in contact with the people.
Loved making friends and the job most days.
Selling Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
the original staff was great. I loved managing the sales floor. The district manager was a night mare. He was a bully and constantly would embarrass in front of customers. The two Main store managers who i worked under were also nightmares. I had a manager tell me i wasn't allowed a break, and bullied me constantly about my looks, and my name. I loved the original environment i had entered, but felt so silenced when the new manager came around. There was no way to reach our to an HR for the harassment.
Pros
Discounts and friendly people most days.
Cons
Awful management.
Entrepreneurial experience
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, ON30 October 2016
Anthropologie provides an interesting and entrepreneurial experience for its management team. A typical day is anything but typical, there is a vast array of responsabilities that have encouraged me to become a creative and innovative problem solver, merchandiser, manager and teacher. Managing payroll and sales, handeling shipment, merchandising large scale divisons, hiring and developing, forcasting, reporting, presenting and managing a sales floor are all encompassing in a regular week. The team i work with is dedicated to supporting and uplifting one another; if we are not constantly coaching and developing, than we are not fulfilling our daily duty to one another and to our staff. The most enjoyable part of my possition is the constant variety i get to experience and the consistent challenges i face daily.
Pros
consistent variety, oppertunity to grow, friendly enviroment, fast pace
Cons
inconsistent hours
Great place to work if you want a summer job or seasonal job
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2016
The pay is very low, your shifts depend on how the store sales thrive, so you get a lot of cancellations. Nice environment to work at, everyone at the store is caring, helpful and very friendly.
Cool
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2016
it was a lot of walking but overall a good experience and amazing discounts. hard on the feet and a lot of the pay went back into buying their clothes, they kind of looked down on you if you weren't wearing their products although it was never said outright.
Helped to develop skills and leadership abilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC15 April 2016
Anthropologie was successful in helping to develop my retail skills. I loved the work environment as I was constantly working with people and contacting other Anthropology stores within Canada. A typical day at work would entail fielding customer questions and concerns, as well as offering style advise and working at both the fitting rooms and cash register. I loved all the people I worked with and felt confident in our ability to work as a team to achieve company goals and quotas. The hardest party of the job would have been the high concentration of people on holidays and the stress of organizing the store properly to meet the needs of our shoppers. The most enjoyable part of my job would include fellow employees, loyal/returning customers and working in a field that I am passionate about.
Pros
Good environment, friendly employees
Cons
poor hours
Fun environment but low pay and not many hours
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2016
Was a great work environment but the hours were not great. Seemed to be very early hours for shipments which were frequent. There was no stock associates which I found odd because they usually work early or late and get paid a bit more but they used regular associates. Now I was a seasonal worker there so not sure if it was just during that time or all the time. Managment was great and friendly. Great diversity and way going comworkers.m
Pros
Great employees, fun environment, easy going managment
Cons
Uncertain hours, low pay
Anthro's a bore
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2015
Don't do it. The pay isn't worth the dreadful job and catty management. Definitely made me never want to work in retail again.
Cold and somewhat rude managers, lied by omission about my position
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville19 June 2015
The store location omitted to mention that 'Seasonal' did not mean the summer and instead meant that I was only hired on for two weeks during which time I assisted with yearly inventory and one promotional event.
Cons
During two shifts I never received a break, during other shifts when I did receive a break I was barely given 10 minutes instead of the legal 15
Exceptional work environment
Part-time sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, Toronto, ON28 April 2015
Fantastic work environment, i felt welcomed and accepted from my first shift there. The work day goes by pretty fast as the store tends to see a large volume of customers.
Pros
Atmosphere, work environment
Cons
Long Holiday Hours
Sales Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2014
The experience was a great one to get myself back into the high volume retail. I enjoyed working and learning about the Calgary retail industry. It was a pleasure to work with so many amazing people. Our management team was 7 members and we all had a special way of managing our area of business. We always had 15 minute meetings every morning to let our staff know what was the focus for the day. And what new items came in that day. We where always focusing on our sales targets as well as our payroll dollars.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the recruiting and training of the staff.