Answerplus

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

A nice group of people to work with

The people are all nice but the support is very much lacking. They do not have designated support members so if you're asking a question you have to wait several minutes sometimes to receive a response because the supervisors are also taking calls. The pay is far too low for the amount of skill and stress management this job needs. When I first started they used to give away free lunches and run little fun games but that's stopped in time. Also you have to wait half a year before benefits kick in, and those benefits do not support direct billing in most circumstances! Most notably the pay breakdown is rough. You get hired at 15$/hr and they promise there's a bonus and you get a pay rise every 'level' (difficulty of accounts) you learn. Well I'm currently on 'level' 5 however they do not actually call any level higher than level 2 a level and I have not gotten a raise in this time despite having an ever increasing workload. The bonus is hard to achieve; get 90% or higher on a call evaluation + no absences or lates + fast enough call handling times. Also the bonus is only +$1 an hour so... An extra $40/week if you manage to get it. Also I hardly ever get 40 hrs scheduled. I'm usually scheduled for around 32 hours, which sucks.

Pros

Management are nice people who genuinely seem to care.

Cons

Short hours, Low pay for a big workload, 6 mos waiting period before benefits, Low chance of promotion

Highly supportive supervisors and management

Excellent support for their staff. Their supervisors are warm and friendly and very supportive. I’m very grateful for the opportunity to work there. I highly recommend

Pros

Very supportive supervisors

Cons

Job is very technical

Very stressfull environment -Management training is a joke!!

employed at Answer plus Edmonton AB office and i would have to say it was the most stress full month i have experienced from an employer. I have worked in customer service/call centers for over a decade and found the supervisors and manger to be specific (operations manager) not very helpfull and understanding or open to suggestions. there were basically of no help when there weas technical issues and even would say i dont know. The solution was to send you home for the day if an application wasnt working. Favortism/discrimination definitely play an intregral part of this office. They have the motto "we put empoyees first" but that was definitely not my expereience once employed. The company puts forward this facade of their motto and that it is a fun family environment during the recruitment process but once i ws employed that was defintely not the case. . Yes as a csr you recieve weekly coachings/feedback. Basically all that was ev er said is " you are doing ok" There was never any doocumentation sent ie QA form a report as a document of the coaching/review/QA . I found the coachings to be very rushed and really was not asked for any feedback about my opinions. i felt that my voice was never heard and i did bring years of customer service exprerince to the employment. Schedule is put out on a weekly basis and not on a rotation. you never get 2 days off in a row. So it is very hard to plan ahead if you have engagements or responsibilities in the evening that you cant do on your days off. Tranining was only 1 week and really -

Pros

made some friends pay was not bad

Cons

techicnical issues with applicaitons, out of date applications, work life balance. management plays favortism

Will fire you with no warning

Work from home- Job isn’t too hard, one of the easier call centres in regards to task. But busy, almost back-to-back calls. Supervisors are helpful. a little overtime opportunity.Got no official feedback on performance except you’re all doing great, hired a bunch of people with plans to hire more, then fired everyone (like 20+ people) they just hired after a month or two saying your performance wasn’t adequate(no review ever done) with phone call to drop off equipment. Apply if you need a job but keep looking for another immediately, they’ll probably fire you before you get benefits

Pros

Helpful supervisors(wfh), easy task

Cons

Termination for no reason, busy, not a lot of official processes

20 July 2021
Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. At AnswerPlus we pride ourselves in providing rigorous training, ongoing coaching and constructive performance reviews. We conduct ongoing CSR evaluations using a pre-determined evaluation form, and complete spot checks on random calls throughout each CSR’s shifts. This is used to provide CSRs with ongoing feedback and coaching by a trainer or supervisor. In the event a CSR does not achieve a score of 90% or greater, a plan to aid them in improving their score is developed. This is implemented through more frequent coaching and monitoring. Additionally, we evaluate one call per CSR per week and provide them with immediate one-on-one feedback.

Two days of training and no coaching or feedback

Yes they provided all the equipment but laptops with three ports instead of four to support headset, keyboard, second monitor and mouse. The apps often crashed. We had two days of training and learned the rest by chat.We were also told we would maybe have 50 calls per day but 50 would be received within three hours.They do have a company mantra of employees first but my experience did not reflect that.I have worked in call centers for many years and have never experienced one like this.

Pros

Cons

all of the above

20 July 2021
Hi there, Our core purpose is to put our employees first so we can foster their full potential personally, and professionally. We have comprehensive redundancy networks and infrastructure to avoid disruptions when applications are malfunctioning. Our CSR training does not last two days. The first week of training includes the mechanics of a basic call but also sessions on how to handle irate callers, callers who speak English as a second language, navigating crisis situations, positive language, and “WOW”ing the caller. Additionally, our Skills Development Program measures and tracks the quality of all team members and implements increased coaching programs when necessary.We also provide ongoing CSR performance evaluations and coaching, as well as one-on-one immediate feedback for quality assurance and call handling success.

Your pay caps at $18 an hour while the CEO buys a second range rover

Pros:- Company provides fair sick leave. You get about 7 sick days but if you get a doctors note then each “day” can count for as long as your doctor recommends. Say if you get a cold and need to stay home for 5 days, with a doctors note it would only count as one day.- Plenty of nice young people working here. This was like the only highlight to this job. We’d talk between calls. Some good people work here.Cons:- No way to move up. Other than becoming a supervisor there is nowhere to climb. Every position is filled with a boomer. Also if you’re a man just forget about it. Every executive position from the CEO all to way to manager is held by a female. No chance for you if you’re a man. You could become a supervisor if you’re satisfied with $18/h.- The pay. You will struggle to even get by with the pay offered here.- No set schedules. Every week your schedule will change so forget any type of consistency.

20 July 2021
Hi there,At AnswerPlus we prioritize internal promotions for all leadership positions available. For example, our Director of Operations started as a CSR. Additionally, the majority of our team as well as those in leadership positions are Millennials or Gen X -- although we do not tolerate ageism in any of our decision-making processes. We also have a number of men in leadership positions across various departments. Our supervisors also have the opportunity for internal promotions such as assistant operations manager, account manager, etc. Due to the nature of fluctuating call volumes, CSRs do not receive the same schedule each week. Flexible hours are something we mention in our job postings and again during interviews. CSRs are notified well in advance (at least five days prior) of their schedules, and any changes that may occur to them. Additionally, we are very accommodating to any planned or unexpected CSR book-offs. Thanks for your feedback!

systems hard to understand, only five days of training

Job pay minimum wage, expects to know all system with a week of training, the training is so much confusion. The system is hard to understand how to use it, , job is hard nd no training is offer. For this job it needs a month of training for all those application systems.

Caring and comfortable

Working here has been one of the best experiences at a call center type job, I’ve ever had. They actually care about their employees. This isn’t a job where you’re just a number. Great training and constantly talking to other employees even working from home.

Stressful and short lived.

Going to start this by saying the client on the contract we were working was a piece of... you know. We had one of our management team walk off the job and not come back apparently due to client relations, which I believe-- the client is horrible. No sympathy from the client for employees getting yelled at by parents. I will never look at the school transportation system the same way again. At least the ticketing system was good? Never had any system issues.

Pros

Management team, on site kitchen

Cons

Zero benefits, unsympathetic client

Work somewhere else

Scheduling is basically non existent. You're given your schedule for the following week on the Friday most of the time. The manager is dismissive and rude. Training is fine if you've ever spoken to a persona and have basic knowledge of how to use a computer. No advancement. If you're "lucky" to be asked to assist with a project or a different department you're not compensated more than what you're normal wage is. They also say you get profit sharing, but that hasn't happened since almost 2018.

Pros

Coworkers make it bearable

Cons

Non-existent schdeduling. Horrible management.

Great job with variety

Loved the work environment. Great group of people to work for. Felt great at the end of the day because you really felt like you were helping people in all different aspects of there lives.

Great Company

Great place to work at, with great coworkers and management. Supervisors are easy to along with and operation manager is amazing to work with as well.

You can't beat the environment! Like family!

You can't beat the environment! Variety of people all ages. Everyone is humble. If your not a team player with a great attitude you won't get hired. Manager is fair, sympathetic, and cool. Salary is low, however, some company perks, profit shares, Christmas parties and company outings. Can pick up hours. Training is top notch providing you techniques to calm callers.

very repetitive work

stable but salaries don't increase much over the years and the job is highly repetitive. management was often done remotely and little support was offered after hours during evening shifts.

Not a bad place to work

Management team is great, but hard for them to open up to new ideas and process to make things easier/ keep up with the times. It can be very stressful if the system crashes or there is a problem outside causing high volume

comfortable hours with consistent schedule

arrive and log in, field phone calls while gathering general information to pass on to the client. small cliques developed, a lot of family members/friends work together.

Pros

coffee machine

Cons

repetitive work, no room for advancement

enjoyable job

this was a contract answering phones for bus transportation for 8 various school boards wage could have been better little chance for advancement ,contract work

Pros

easy going workplace

Cons

Need renovation badly, kitchen always a mess and the bathroom always smells badly

No leadership, unorganized, poor communication, pay is very cheap, minimum wage, your there and your on your own. Your job is not secure, you can be let go at anytime and when they let you go it’s without explanation, your just not a good fit they say. That company is a joke and it’s going to sink right into the ground

Pros

Some good co-workers

Cons

Pay rate very cheap, no leadership

Best Call centre worked in.

I worked in this call centre to hold me over until I found a job in my field. During my time there 2 of my close friends passed away just a few weeks apart. My boss was extremely understanding and accommodating during such a difficult time. Management was amazing and I generally enjoyed the environment. There was some drama but I avoided it quite easily by simply ignoring it and doing my job. I would recommend this job in a heart beat to anyone looking for desk work.

Fun atmosphere

Was 6 week contract position only. Answered calls from parents across Ontario. They were ensuring their children were enrolled for busing prior to the start of the new school year.

Pros

Easy going

Cons

Seasonal only

Lack of elementary fairness

The Operations Manager fires people without warning. You can receive a positive performance appraisal one day and the next day be fired. It's so bad when people quit, they don't even bother telling management that they're not coming back. They just don't show up. Good luck

Pros

colleagues

Cons

eveyrthing else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Answerplus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement