Answerplus

Answerplus Employee Reviews

stable but salaries don't increase much over the years and the job is highly repetitive. management was often done remotely and little support was offered after hours during evening shifts.
Going to start this by saying the client on the contract we were working was a piece of... you know. We had one of our management team walk off the job and not come back apparently due to client relations, which I believe-- the client is horrible. No sympathy from the client for employees getting yelled at by parents. I will never look at the school transportation system the same way again. At least the ticketing system was good? Never had any system issues.
Pros
Management team, on site kitchen
Cons
Zero benefits, unsympathetic client
Scheduling is basically non existent. You're given your schedule for the following week on the Friday most of the time. The manager is dismissive and rude. Training is fine if you've ever spoken to a persona and have basic knowledge of how to use a computer. No advancement. If you're "lucky" to be asked to assist with a project or a different department you're not compensated more than what you're normal wage is. They also say you get profit sharing, but that hasn't happened since almost 2018.
Pros
Coworkers make it bearable
Cons
Non-existent schdeduling. Horrible management.
Loved the work environment. Great group of people to work for. Felt great at the end of the day because you really felt like you were helping people in all different aspects of there lives.
Great place to work at, with great coworkers and management. Supervisors are easy to along with and operation manager is amazing to work with as well.
You can't beat the environment! Variety of people all ages. Everyone is humble. If your not a team player with a great attitude you won't get hired. Manager is fair, sympathetic, and cool. Salary is low, however, some company perks, profit shares, Christmas parties and company outings. Can pick up hours. Training is top notch providing you techniques to calm callers.
Management team is great, but hard for them to open up to new ideas and process to make things easier/ keep up with the times. It can be very stressful if the system crashes or there is a problem outside causing high volume
arrive and log in, field phone calls while gathering general information to pass on to the client. small cliques developed, a lot of family members/friends work together.
Pros
coffee machine
Cons
repetitive work, no room for advancement
this was a contract answering phones for bus transportation for 8 various school boards wage could have been better little chance for advancement ,contract work
Pros
easy going workplace
Cons
No leadership, unorganized, poor communication, pay is very cheap, minimum wage, your there and your on your own. Your job is not secure, you can be let go at anytime and when they let you go it’s without explanation, your just not a good fit they say. That company is a joke and it’s going to sink right into the ground
Pros
Some good co-workers
Cons
Pay rate very cheap, no leadership
I worked in this call centre to hold me over until I found a job in my field. During my time there 2 of my close friends passed away just a few weeks apart. My boss was extremely understanding and accommodating during such a difficult time. Management was amazing and I generally enjoyed the environment. There was some drama but I avoided it quite easily by simply ignoring it and doing my job. I would recommend this job in a heart beat to anyone looking for desk work.
Was 6 week contract position only. Answered calls from parents across Ontario. They were ensuring their children were enrolled for busing prior to the start of the new school year.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Seasonal only
The Operations Manager fires people without warning. You can receive a positive performance appraisal one day and the next day be fired. It's so bad when people quit, they don't even bother telling management that they're not coming back. They just don't show up. Good luck
Pros
colleagues
Cons
eveyrthing else
I came to AnswerPlus after working for a terrible company in another industry and immediately felt like I made the right decision. The staff are great, management makes you feel like you have a voice and the company is always trying to invite and evolve to better serve their customers and improve work life for employees
Shift work: no predictability in your schedule. Must work weekends and night shifts. Little no to advancement passed the $17 mark. Great training; learned a lot of useful CSR skills. Main reasons for leaving was the hours and company culture. The hours did not fit my lifestyle and the culture was sort of depressing rather than energetic. Began to dread picking up the calls.
Pros
Great coworkers/supervision
Cons
Hours and company culture
A typical day in office requires a great deal of patience. The job is easier the longer you're there as you become more familiar with each client account and their requests for service. The more familiar you are, the more confident you can be when dealing with confused or angry customers.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Is a great company. Love the family values The staff are a great bunch to work with. The programming and i.t dept are top notch and make it easy to work with
OK place to work. Some individuals are much easier to talk to than others. If you have a morning shift, there will be NO work life balance because you will finish work and crash whenever you get home. Certain managers are always watching your every move without any consistency. If you're off the phone for a minute or two, they call your name. However, if you work through your break or lunch, that's completely fine with them. Paycheck does NOT seen worth the call volume most of the time. If you end up in reception, you will feel like you are all by yourself (most likely you WILL be) At any given time, you can look up at the screen and see 9 people in service and 2 in reception. At least we can drink and have little snacks at our desks Be careful where you sit because anytime you rise from your seat, a team lead will cast her eyes on you. Seldom room for advancement, a lot of "we need you in this department so you have to stay here" Some people do advance however, and they become team leads very quickly. The environment is good, mostly ladies talking and sharing stories (very few guys here)
Pros
Internet access (be very careful), Drinks and snacks at your desk
Cons
NO work/life balance, Poor service/reception ratio (9:1), Not many lunch options at all, Feels like you're the only one working sometimes, Team leads hate some people moving from their desks, Always feel like eyes are on you (depending on where you sit)
I look at everyday as a day to improve and appreciate what you already have. I welcome the opportunity to learn and grow personally and professionally. I never shy away from a hard days work, it builds character and allows you to build lasting relationships with clients as well as co-workers.
Great place to work, can make for long days sitting at a desk. Hard part of the job is having to communicate through telephone and maintaining call control. Most enjoyable part is the people you work with, it's a great environment.
Pros
Not physically demanding
Cons
Long days
working at answer plus was a great learning experience. that taught me how to communicate with people from various backgrounds. which is something that i know will help me in the future
  1. Employee reviews