Answerplus

Answerplus Employee Reviews

very repetitive work
stable but salaries don't increase much over the years and the job is highly repetitive. management was often done remotely and little support was offered after hours during evening shifts.
Great Company
Great place to work at, with great coworkers and management. Supervisors are easy to along with and operation manager is amazing to work with as well.
You can't beat the environment! Like family!
You can't beat the environment! Variety of people all ages. Everyone is humble. If your not a team player with a great attitude you won't get hired. Manager is fair, sympathetic, and cool. Salary is low, however, some company perks, profit shares, Christmas parties and company outings. Can pick up hours. Training is top notch providing you techniques to calm callers.
Not a bad place to work
Management team is great, but hard for them to open up to new ideas and process to make things easier/ keep up with the times. It can be very stressful if the system crashes or there is a problem outside causing high volume
comfortable hours with consistent schedule
arrive and log in, field phone calls while gathering general information to pass on to the client.

small cliques developed, a lot of family members/friends work together.
Pros
coffee machine
Cons
repetitive work, no room for advancement
enjoyable job
this was a contract answering phones for bus transportation for 8 various school boards
wage could have been better

little chance for advancement ,contract work
Pros
easy going workplace
Cons
Need renovation badly, kitchen always a mess and the bathroom always smells badly
No leadership, unorganized, poor communication, pay is very cheap, minimum wage, your there and your on your own. Your job is not secure, you can be let go at anytime and when they let you go it’s without explanation, your just not a good fit they say. That company is a joke and it’s going to sink right into the ground
Pros
Some good co-workers
Cons
Pay rate very cheap, no leadership
Best Call centre worked in.
I worked in this call centre to hold me over until I found a job in my field. During my time there 2 of my close friends passed away just a few weeks apart. My boss was extremely understanding and accommodating during such a difficult time. Management was amazing and I generally enjoyed the environment. There was some drama but I avoided it quite easily by simply ignoring it and doing my job. I would recommend this job in a heart beat to anyone looking for desk work.
Fun atmosphere
Was 6 week contract position only. Answered calls from parents across Ontario. They were ensuring their children were enrolled for busing prior to the start of the new school year.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Seasonal only
Lack of elementary fairness
The Operations Manager fires people without warning. You can receive a positive performance appraisal one day and the next day be fired. It's so bad when people quit, they don't even bother telling management that they're not coming back. They just don't show up. Good luck
Pros
colleagues
Cons
eveyrthing else
Great Company
I came to AnswerPlus after working for a terrible company in another industry and immediately felt like I made the right decision. The staff are great, management makes you feel like you have a voice and the company is always trying to invite and evolve to better serve their customers and improve work life for employees
Nice people - Not much advancement
Shift work: no predictability in your schedule. Must work weekends and night shifts.

Little no to advancement passed the $17 mark.

Great training; learned a lot of useful CSR skills.

Main reasons for leaving was the hours and company culture. The hours did not fit my lifestyle and the culture was sort of depressing rather than energetic. Began to dread picking up the calls.
Pros
Great coworkers/supervision
Cons
Hours and company culture
Challenging Work Place
A typical day in office requires a great deal of patience. The job is easier the longer you're there as you become more familiar with each client account and their requests for service. The more familiar you are, the more confident you can be when dealing with confused or angry customers.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Overview
Is a great company. Love the family values
The staff are a great bunch to work with. The programming and i.t dept are top notch and make it easy to work with
OK place to work
OK place to work.

Some individuals are much easier to talk to than others.

If you have a morning shift, there will be NO work life balance because you will finish work and crash whenever you get home.

Certain managers are always watching your every move without any consistency. If you're off the phone for a minute or two, they call your name. However, if you work through your break or lunch, that's completely fine with them.

Paycheck does NOT seen worth the call volume most of the time.

If you end up in reception, you will feel like you are all by yourself (most likely you WILL be)

At any given time, you can look up at the screen and see 9 people in service and 2 in reception.

At least we can drink and have little snacks at our desks

Be careful where you sit because anytime you rise from your seat, a team lead will cast her eyes on you.

Seldom room for advancement, a lot of "we need you in this department so you have to stay here"

Some people do advance however, and they become team leads very quickly.

The environment is good, mostly ladies talking and sharing stories (very few guys here)
Pros
Internet access (be very careful), Drinks and snacks at your desk
Cons
NO work/life balance, Poor service/reception ratio (9:1), Not many lunch options at all, Feels like you're the only one working sometimes, Team leads hate some people moving from their desks, Always feel like eyes are on you (depending on where you sit)
Everyday is a opportunity
I look at everyday as a day to improve and appreciate what you already have. I welcome the opportunity to learn and grow personally and professionally. I never shy away from a hard days work, it builds character and allows you to build lasting relationships with clients as well as co-workers.
Great place to work, can make for long days sitting at a desk. Hard part of the job is having to communicate through telephone and maintaining call control. Most enjoyable part is the people you work with, it's a great environment.
Pros
Not physically demanding
Cons
Long days
its was good
working at answer plus was a great learning experience. that taught me how to communicate with people from various backgrounds. which is something that i know will help me in the future
Working with a variety of clients
Answered calls for some 300 companies. Speaking and assisting clients with any issues that they had.
Taking charitable contributions for the Hospital for Sick Children and War Amps.

I worked with staff from all different cultures

Very busy environment

The best part was being able to solve problems for our clients.

The most difficult part was understanding some of the callers
Pros
Happy and busy environment
Cons
Non scheduled shift changes
You are an actual person and not a number at this company.
I gained a lot of new leadership skills wit this company. Whenever I had any personal concerns the management team there were always there to listen, advise and help. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with on a daily basis. Answerplus was like my 2nd Family.
A caring and involved work culture
A typical day at work consists of answering a different client's line on each call. You can arrange a response from a plumber, file an insurance claim, rescue someone from a stuck elevator and help a contractor order a bin for dirt.

I learned to relax in a call centre and get things right the first time, rather than rushing and missing important details the way other call centres do. I learned to feel safe at work and try things. I learned to speak up and take responsibility for shaping the future of this industry.

Managers are approachable and genuinely caring people. This is a safe place where I can feel valued.

My co-workers are nice people. Some are really ambitious and some want stability.

For me, the hardest parts of the job are the low pay and trying to plan my life around the work schedule that is issued only a few days in advance. I feel like we work a lot harder than we are being paid for and that it is unprofessional to release schedules less than 1-2 weeks in advance. These two areas require improvement.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is helping out with tasks and projects. People are extremely busy at this company and I feel like I make a small difference when I remove a burden from someone and return to them something they can use.
Pros
Comfortable Environment
Cons
Low Pay