ANN INC. Employee Reviews

Meh
Sales Lead Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON10 April 2018
For a company that focuses on having a family oriented experience this place will make you want to spend more time with yourself and less time with people. I did learn a great deal of skills but I will take them with me to a new job.
Pros
Prominance
Cons
productive and fast paced with great management team
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON2 April 2018
A great environment, with an amazing team in one the best locations for the brand.
High-end experience in styling and fashion that only a great team like ann's can give you
learning visual tricks and also how to give the clients the best customer service possible.
Pros
working with amazing people
Cons
low income
Great working hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 March 2018
Would like to get more benefits for the employees.
amazing work culture
great working hours
the learning experience is great
not very fast paced
very organized
management
Sales Lead (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 February 2018
unfortunately, management is not correctly trained to lead a team in success which is unfortunate because when the right leaders are put in place work becomes an enjoyable place to come to.
Cons
unprofessional
Good customers service experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
Be multi-tasking,consult people on their body shape and style them.
Deal with payments,build the rapport with customer through clientele book,promote the products,
Best Place
Wardrobe Stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2017
Loved working here. The people were awesome, customers are awesome, clothes are GREAT. Discount is fantastic. Very flexible. Opportunities for growth within company as well
Pros
everything
Cares
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
This company really cares about their team both in US and in Canada. Very pleasant and best customer service provided in a retailing store. They do care and put a lot more in the people they hire and stands behind you in the work you do. Very positive company!
Pros
really care about their team both management and associates!!!!
Cons
the salary is a bit low. only get 1/2 lunch for a full time associate
Productive Place to work!
Stylist/Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2017
When I was there, it was a lot of fun. It could just be that it is the first job for many, so sales was a lot more difficult to obtain, but once you get into your groove, the job there is enlightening!
Fun and inviting place to work, lots of opportunity for growth within the company
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2017
Working at Loft I learned the true value of customer service. The brand encouraged us to guide our client without pushing her and to ensure she was comfortable in what she was wearing. Being a Sales Lead really allowed me to learn and understand how important it is to get to know the client, and how crucial it is to understand the sales floor.
Pros
positive environment, good work-life balance
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Sales
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Very busy, but not the best experience. I have learned that working as a sales associate is not the right path for me. A typical day at work was it being busy all the time, and helping out the customers to the best ability.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2017
Great opportunity to excel in fashion and design. Learn customer service skills, and the ability to resolve problems in a quick and effective manner in order to meet customer's demands.
Bullied by Managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2017
I worked at the Square One location for about a year. A typical day at work consisted of changing signs, cleaning, folding, restocking, assisting clients, steaming clothes with a old steamer (which burned my hand every time I used it), and dealing with managers who have no respect for fellow employees. I learned that there are better, more well paying jobs out there and this is probably the worst location to work at. The managers try too hard to compete with Eaton Centre's revenue, when clearly Ann Taylor at Square One doesn't get even close to the same amount of clients, or people willing to spend a lot on the pricey clothing. The managers are rude, and show a lot of favouritism. People who do well and work hard reap little benefit, as there is no room for growth, or promotion. You're pretty much stuck in the same position you applied for. The store managers pressure you to quit if they don't like you, regardless of how much profit and clients you bring in. Moreover, this place will make you very depressed due to the large amount of negativity from sales leads, as well as store managers. They trash employees behind their backs and say mean things to other employees. The store managers have really fake attitudes, and the sales leads seem bipolar. They also do not follow Ann Taylor's code of conduct, and give clients an overly difficult time when they're returning or exchanging products, even if it's just because of the way the clothing fits. They're constantly saying bad things about clients as well. Very unprofessional environment to work in. You're also expected to only wear  more... clothing from the new collection, regardless of if you can afford it or not. Sometimes you are given barely any work hours, and expected to buy clothing that costs more than your actual income.  less
Pros
The clothes are good quality, if you can afford them (They're really expensive even with discounts)
Cons
Your money goes back into the company through the clothes that you're required to wear, managers are rude and disrespectful, no benefits, low wages, no room for growth
Horrible Managers and Great Products...Not enough to keep staff.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2016
A shift consists of worrying about what mood certain managers would be in + running around for customers all while being talked down to. There are days when I would be so anxious it would make me want to quit on the spot. Not something to look forward to before each shift. Co workers are fine but managers don't do anything about cliques that form. The hardest part of my job is dealing with managers who 'bad talk' an associate while that person isn't there. One manager in particular, is known to be a bully who has made a few of the sales associates cry but no one does anything about it. The work is back breaking + there is a lot of cleaning to be done when closing. It does sometimes feel like slave labour. The most enjoyable part of the job is styling clients/customers with the beautiful merchandise. It is very rewarding to make clients happy.

The turn over rate in terms of staff of super quick because nobody wants to stay.
Pros
Good discounts, lovely pieces, beautiful store setup.
Cons
Mean managers, favoritism and low wages, no benefits.
Company that values employees
Sales Lead (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Great company, they really care about human resources. They also value their clients and the company's mission. Now as a store manager I can see a lot of more potential on what could be done with the resources they have.
They could invest more on developing people, coaching should be something more constant.
Ann Taylor
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2016
Greet customers and assist them in selecting wardrobe items and accessories. Helping management and co-workers achieve sales and setting up displays.
Pros
Wearing Ann Taylor products in the store.
Great teams inspired to put their best foot forwards everyday
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
Loft gives you the ability to work where you love to shop. Store teams are full of energetic and genuine people. A typical day keeps you busy, managing shipment, visual standards and hiring.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
New to Canada
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2015
Providing genuine customer service is part of working at Ann Inc.
It is fun to style customers and boost their confidence with great outfits. Co-workers are a great support because we are a team.
Love working here
Sales Associate, Cashier and Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2015
As a first time sales associate at a retail job i am happy to say that it has been a great experience. I have and still work with wonderful people who make the workplace environment a welcoming and loving one. Definitely enjoy working here.
Pros
Great Staff
Productive/Amazing Work Experience
Stock Manager, Full-time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario10 January 2015
Working for Ann Taylor was a interesting experience. From the day to day problem solving to meeting amazing people/clients.

In the past year and a half I feel I have grown both personally and professionally. Working for Ann Taylor I have learned various skills such as customer service skills (i.e. working with clients who enjoy shopping with a high-end retail company) problem solving skills, working with an amazing group of woman, maintaining a heathy and safe environment for clients as well as employees and working closely with employees within head office.

Working for Ann Taylor was an enjoyable experience and I appreciate the amazing people and clients I have met along the way.
Pros
Amazing woman as well as clients I worked with on a daily basis.
Cons
Inconsistent hours
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 January 2015
Very fun workplace with amazing co workers. My managers were very reasonable and relatable. Hardest part of the job was unloading the boxes when put into the back to work. The most enjoyable part was working with girls all around the same age as me, we were able to relate to each other well.

A typical day at work was coming in and cleaning up any messes made, cashing out customers, and greeting and helping anyone who comes into the store.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
not enough shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.