ANN-LOUISE JEWELLERS

ANN-LOUISE JEWELLERS Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
I have already submitted my review for Ann-Louise Jewellers. This is an excellent retail store to work for -- respectful management, incentive programs, recognition and rewards.
My employer was great at training me for the job and is talented in his ability to sell merchandise. The store and my coworkers promoted a good working atmosphere and it encouraged me to look forward to my next shift. I would believe that if I were to ever look back and remember working there; I would never regret the experience I gained from working there.
A workplace culture that inhibits productivity and self-motivation. Senior management focused only on revenue and profit.

Must work in a "micro-managed; environment which ios not conducive to one's best efforts.
Its a great environment and great people to work with! You get to interact with super nice customers and learn all the differences about jewellery I absolutely love working there
Pros
amazing team
Nice attractive store to work in and beautiful merchandise to sell. Management promised to be supportive and that they would provide time and adequate training to learn and grow with the job, but that was all just talk. Manager placed ridiculously high personal sales goals despite lack of customers. Manager preached to the employees on how important it was to be as fake and aggressive as possible with customers and to not educate customers on what they were buying or the quality of the items. I was taught to and expected to practically jump onto the backs of customers within seconds of the customer even glancing into the shop showcase. (*Tip* manager will be just as fake with their employees as they are with their customers). I recived about a week of minimal training and after that was expected to perform the same if not better then employees that had been there for years. Manager supported and encouraged childish and catty gossip among employees and used this to manipulate employees. You get paid minimum wage to just a couple dollars over minimum wage to work with toxic manipulative people in a high stress high pressure environment. They do try to tempt you with promise of comission to pad your meager pay cheques, but you have to meet your high personal sales quota first. they always find a way to avoid giving you your commission using an abundant amount of excuses. I had the fact that I was "lucky enough" to get paid $12 an hour waved over my head like I had been blessed by the retail employment gods. Manager consistently on your back about "bringing your sales numbers up", - more...
Pros
They do give you a $35 allowance for staff dinners or events
Cons
the $35 allowance does not cover beverages, which you will have a great need for after working here