Anixter Employee Reviews

first "serious" job after college
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2018
exciting atmosphere, big company, great staff, fist real job after college, good pay, benefits, room to grow, great manager. Helpful staff, easy to communicate with.
Pros
Great staff and Manager
Cons
not a very iteresting field (Wire and cable)
Never stop learning, alaways on the go
OEM, Industrial and Utility sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2018
Product and services training next to non. No need to worry about inventory, most of the time product is always available . Very friendly environment
Specific for this location only.
Customer Service & Inside Utility Sales (Former Employee) –  Colborne, ON23 August 2018
NPD management supported supervision with low to no ethics on how to treat people appropriately. Not a department to expect anything from in ways of recognition, appreciated nor advancement. The environment is toxic and management supports it from inside to outside.
Pros
Great customer base
Cons
NPD supervision
Exciting and fun place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 April 2018
It is security item organisation that sold camera and other security gadgets to customers and big company brands on a daily basis. it was also a wonderful and fast-paced working area with reliable management and staff.
Okay place to work
Strategic Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2018
When I started at Anixter it was a great place to work. Over the years a shift in management and a lot of positions have been moved to the US headquarters.
Exciting and dynamic
Inside Sales Representative ECS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2017
Great 10 years of growth and training to develop the sales skills that i have required to this day. Face paced but always exciting as each day was something new.
Was once a great work environment that has declined over years
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2017
Numerous ad hoc requests that were always urgent
I learned to decipher which requests were actuality important and what people were actually requesting
Watch while rules are applied inequitably
Low morale, lots of dumb management decisions
easygoing workplace
Manual Labourer - Shipping Section (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2017
Everybody was very friendly and reasonable to deal with. management had some communication issues but nothing negatively affected work on the floor. All over a good place to work.
Pros
good benefits and union
Cons
company is trying o get rid of union
Creative place to work
Operations Support / Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2017
I very much enjoyed my time at Anixter. My division was sold to SBC out of the US and the job basically stayed the same. Good company to work for and is still around in the cabling field.
Very dusty and loud work place.
Labourer & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 August 2017
A Warehouse job. Dark and very dusty work place. Spent most of the time cutting cable on a Auto reel machine. packing, loading and unloading reels of cable with forklift. Spent alot of time pushing the broom and cleaning up around the Warehouse. Best part of the day be able to leave early because I completed my duties for the day.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Wage is far to low.
Amazing place to work with great mentors
Office Assistant and Inventory Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 August 2017
I was able to have increasing responsibilities and I took part in projects for vice president's in different departments. I learned many skills and improved on my technical abilities. The workplace culture was very open and diverse, and upper management truly lived up to their open-door policy.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
It's great company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2017
there is great people, I learned so much and I build my confidence, my job was great. coworker is friendly and responsible , I had feeling that was my home.
Pros
we have once a while free lunch, Alway I was saving company's money
Cons
No long hours
productive and enjoyable time
Customer Service to Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 August 2017
My job contained an area where everyone got along and maintained a professional environment. While working hard, there was an area to enjoy and keep a peaceful mindset during busy hours.
Typical Day
Sales Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 July 2017
Very boring
Miserable
No guidance
This position isn't necessary
Typical working day, sitting and playing on the internet. The days were very long. More like a joe job!
Great Training
Inside Sales - Electrical Wire & Cable (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 July 2017
Very busy environment and excellent training. Room to develop your career but can get a bit political. It was more who you knew than what you could do.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Office politics
Hardwork pays off
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2017
Working hard at Anixter pays off. NO matter what role you work at Anixter customer service/experience is top of the game!
The colleges you work with are fantastic people. You learn and grow so much with these people.
Blue Book!!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2017
A good company gone bad due to unrealistic goals from senior management in the U.S. Once a very good culture now a very bad culture lead by poor senior management
Fast pace excellent co-workers
Inside Sales Rep. - Wire and Cable Division (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 November 2016
Typical work day was 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM depending on how busy the day was. Productive, excellent co-workers. Hardest part of job was at times being blamed by customers when product didn't show up at their job site on time due to circumstances beyond your control ie warehouse issues, trucking companies being late or damaging product. Dealing with my customers and earning their confidence was most enjoyable.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Lack of recognition, most times, for a job well done
good company
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2016
Anixter is a great company to work for. They stand by there employee
they have a great training programs, the office is a positive place to work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
The Management are unfriendly
Wire Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 January 2016
My Typical day at work there just fine. The work hours starts at 9.
I learned how to assemble the Wires and how to use Electrical Equipment.

The Management are unfriendly they don't talk to you unless they need something to you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anixter. Our community is ready to answer.