Anixter

Anixter Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
It's Busy but it pays well
They keep you busy and challenge you. You have the chance to succeed and they will train you. They give you the chance to make really good money, the bonuses are paid fairly and on time.
Avis
Directeur de succursale désorganisé et dictateur. Favoritisme envers certains employés (relation personelle avec celles-ci).

Processus de résolution de problèmes lent, voir absent. La machine est trop grosse...

Personne ne travaille en équipe, c’est du chacun pour soi malgré ce qu’ils en disent...
Pros
Salaire et commissions intéressantes
Cons
Gestion du personnel déficient
Anixter may be a good company
Anixter as a whole may be a good company, it may be a great company. You would never know it working at the warehouse of the Burnaby location however, thanks to the negative, overtly aggressive, abusive behavior of the warehouse manager. Not to mention his shortsightedness and reactionary management style.
Add to this he is stressed to breaking simply because he is out of his depth in this position and you have an individual creating one of the most toxic work environments I've ever experienced.
bad managed
not managed well, poor communication skills, not run properly, ops and management don't communicate, no employee encouragement or appreciation. poor to no team w
Outdated Corporate Culture, Lack of Work Life Balance
Anixter is a fortune 500 company with an old-school approach to business. Hours are long, leadership often emails employees on weekends and is not respectful of employees' personal lives, and there is little flexibility within roles.

Some locations have unionized warehouse/operations, which places the business at a significant disadvantage vs. competitors, who operate faster, more efficiently, and attract higher performing staff.

There is a wide discrepancy in compensation even within the same role; do not expect to earn more as a high-performing newcomer - high pay is reserved for the 'old guard' and it feels like a bit of an old boys club.

Note that they're moving to an open office concept corporately, so that will be another negative in future (unless you enjoy feeling like an underpaid foreign worker in a call center).

This employer would be much more attractive if they had better managers and leadership - some managers are just awful, and wouldn't survive a month in a more professional environment.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Long hours, little flexibility, old-school approach
Anixter was a great way to learn about the Electrical industry, very educational.
Anixter is the global leader in Wire & Cable sales.Typical work day would be to call your Customers & see if they needed anything that day, send out quotes & generate purchase orders, expedite the order & follow up with customer to see if they were happy with their purchase. Generate monthly sales reports & hit your monthly targets.
Pros
Lunch & Learns to educate you better
Cons
Micro managed, felt like I was just a number, didn't feel appreciated.
first "serious" job after college
exciting atmosphere, big company, great staff, fist real job after college, good pay, benefits, room to grow, great manager. Helpful staff, easy to communicate with.
Pros
Great staff and Manager
Cons
not a very iteresting field (Wire and cable)
Never stop learning, alaways on the go
Product and services training next to non. No need to worry about inventory, most of the time product is always available . Very friendly environment
Specific for this location only.
NPD management supported supervision with low to no ethics on how to treat people appropriately. Not a department to expect anything from in ways of recognition, appreciated nor advancement. The environment is toxic and management supports it from inside to outside.
Pros
Great customer base
Cons
NPD supervision
National Billing / Credit Collections
Responsible for National Account Billings, billing into unique portals, Update other collectors on invoicing issues. Worked with sales to resolve disputes, worked on special projects per management, met clients to go over billing and invoicing concerns,
Pros
Interactions with internal and external customers
Cons
Changes in Management
Exciting and fun place to work
It is security item organisation that sold camera and other security gadgets to customers and big company brands on a daily basis. it was also a wonderful and fast-paced working area with reliable management and staff.
Okay place to work
When I started at Anixter it was a great place to work. Over the years a shift in management and a lot of positions have been moved to the US headquarters.
Exciting and dynamic
Great 10 years of growth and training to develop the sales skills that i have required to this day. Face paced but always exciting as each day was something new.
Was once a great work environment that has declined over years
Numerous ad hoc requests that were always urgent
I learned to decipher which requests were actuality important and what people were actually requesting

Watch while rules are applied inequitably

Low morale, lots of dumb management decisions
easygoing workplace
Everybody was very friendly and reasonable to deal with. management had some communication issues but nothing negatively affected work on the floor. All over a good place to work.
Pros
good benefits and union
Cons
company is trying o get rid of union
Creative place to work
I very much enjoyed my time at Anixter. My division was sold to SBC out of the US and the job basically stayed the same. Good company to work for and is still around in the cabling field.
Very dusty and loud work place.
A Warehouse job. Dark and very dusty work place. Spent most of the time cutting cable on a Auto reel machine. packing, loading and unloading reels of cable with forklift. Spent alot of time pushing the broom and cleaning up around the Warehouse. Best part of the day be able to leave early because I completed my duties for the day.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Wage is far to low.
Amazing place to work with great mentors
I was able to have increasing responsibilities and I took part in projects for vice president's in different departments. I learned many skills and improved on my technical abilities. The workplace culture was very open and diverse, and upper management truly lived up to their open-door policy.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
It's great company
there is great people, I learned so much and I build my confidence, my job was great. coworker is friendly and responsible , I had feeling that was my home.
Pros
we have once a while free lunch, Alway I was saving company's money
Cons
No long hours
productive and enjoyable time
My job contained an area where everyone got along and maintained a professional environment. While working hard, there was an area to enjoy and keep a peaceful mindset during busy hours.
Typical Day
Very boring
Miserable

No guidance

This position isn't necessary

Typical working day, sitting and playing on the internet. The days were very long. More like a joe job!