Anixter Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Strategic Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2018
When I started at Anixter it was a great place to work. Over the years a shift in management and a lot of positions have been moved to the US headquarters.
Exciting and dynamic
Inside Sales Representative ECS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2017
Great 10 years of growth and training to develop the sales skills that i have required to this day. Face paced but always exciting as each day was something new.
Great place to work and learn new things
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2015
This company was a fantastic place to learn and excel. Friendly people and management was great. The hardest part of the job was meeting short unrealistic deadlines.

Overall the company truly cared for there employees. This company taught me how to work in a timely manner and I really enjoyed working with all the staff.
Pros
great training
Cons
unrealistic deadlines
Anixter Canada is a fair and well known company
Transportation and Customs Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2012
To more than 100,000 customers in 50 countries, Anixter combines superior product offerings with unparalleled technological expertise and innovative Supply Chain Services. Whether it's providing products for a wind farm, data center or automotive manufacturing production line, Anixter brings this vast experience and expertise to every customer; they receive unequaled value that delivers to their bottom line.

I learned Logistics Process, Reverse Logistics Skill, Customs Clearance Procedure, Solutions for shipment delay or damage.

The hardest part of the job is everyday would be very challenging as you will face different types of situation or customers with various personalities. All you need to do is to be patient and sophisticated to be part of solutions

The most enjoyable part of the job is everytime when we successfully made a issue solved, our manager will gave us a small gift like chocolate bar.
Pros
small gifts
Cons
challengs