Angus Glen Golf Club

Angus Glen Golf Club Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Enjoyed my time working for the on-course team. Would recommend working here if you are a fan of golf. Miss the Colty crew! Hardest part of the job is waiting until thje end of the shift to get out on the course!
Hours are long, while compensation is not great. The people that work hard are not given good opportunities, they want to keep you as a labourer. Management does not care about how competent you are at your job. The turnover rate is so extreme I met new people each week, this speaks volumes how well this placed is managed. As long as you suck up to management you will moved up a peg easier which isn’t worth it because all the work is dumped onto you. When you’re moved up you are more exposed to the politics and you will be gossiped about.
Pros
Met a lot of good coworkers, leftover food is free but made with low grade ingredients
Cons
No paid breaks, long and irregular hours, insufficient pay for the work, mismanaged, politics, work/life balance is severely compromised.
always working with a group of amazing employees and always being able to solve problems with our without each other knowing it is the right thing to be done as a team
As Banquet Server/Waiter
The server life is fast paced as each server is given a tough workload, reporting guest demands to kitchen staff, and ensuring food is properly distributed and handle problems on the floor such as upset customers. A big part of the job is the setup of events and teardown. Both of these can also be very fast-paced times.

As Steward/Dishwasher

The dishwasher life is a little more relaxed but of course, entails more dirty work. Being in the back, we are given more autonomy in our actions and we have no need for a customer service face to show, so we can enjoy each other's company. The work can get busy especially at larger meal times and this makes the work like an assembly line.

For both jobs, when the shift is over, you will feel relief and want to head to bed!
Long hours, bar staff had to help severs after events because management failed to get servers working., BAD job, don;t go, Some people got to do nothing, while others never stopped working
Cons
bad managemant and they were racist
they were never organized

they had favoureistism and they didnt giver alot of oppurtunitys as well the management was not professional
Good job and great pay and time off balance.
Management expectations lack communication.

Fun and Friendly place to work with free meals and lots of company events.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Lack of Communication
Overall Angus Glen golf club as a place to work is a 5/10
It lacks good management

Long and irregular hours

High amount of labour is required

Constantly under or over staffed

No work/life balance

Low pay

Management seriously needs to look at what they are doing as there is an extremely high turnover rate.

It's a good place to work if you are in high school in the surrounding area as you get to meet you friends while you work. Otherwise if you are travelling from far or need to advance your career then you should do so as quickly as possible.
Pros
Free food, fun staff, manager is empathetic
Cons
Long and irregular hours, mismanaged, and low pay
I've worked at AG since February 2018, beginning as a Banquet Captain and moving up to Event Supervisor at the beginning of May.

The busy season is an absolute grind, especially in June and September, but there's a welcoming and enjoyable workplace atmosphere that makes the hours go by more easily. Also, with how much work you're doing, you will learn so, so much in just a few months.

Only downside is the weirdness of the hours. Be prepared for absurdly early mornings and ungodly late nights when it's busy or for particular event types. Work-life balance is challenging in June and September, but it's otherwise manageable. Also, it's worth mentioning that there is very little work for mid-October to late November and between January and March.
The management is very focused on everyones safety and health. They are always lending a hand and train very well before letting you work on a machine you may not be comfortable with. Great co-workers and fun place to work. Plus you are outside working during the summer months which is always a plus if you enjoy the outdoors.
Pros
staff luches/events
Cons
working in the rain somedays
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Angus Glen Golf Club?
The people are great to work with, but the hours are long and irregular, morale isn't always the highest. However there are paid breaks and usually free food.
Worked as a banquet server, worked weddings, company dinners and so many different events. Great learning experience, warm environment. Would definitely recommend this company not only to host events, but for employment.
This job has been a great experience for me and I am very grateful for being given the position. Working at Angus Glen has been fun and at the same time hard work, due to the high demand of work. For example we had to work a really big tournament for Shoppers Drug Mart and I have worked a 16 hour shift. Although there is sometimes high demand of work it is still a great place to work because of the people I work with and the overall work environment.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
• Experience working independently and as a team player; Excellent problem solver
• Ability to coordinate tasks and ensuring workload is evenly distributed & completed on time
Angus Glen is a great company to work for with an inclusive team environment.

I have learned how to run an event from sale, coordination, execution and accounting. It has given me the opportunity to gain confidence, strength and my ability to succeed in a sales management position,
Working at Angus Glen Golf Club was a pleasant experience. I was surrounded by great staff and it was a consistently fun work environment. The reason I no longer work there is because it was quite far from my house, and because of that as well as me not having my drivers license, the long and late hours were very difficult to maintain. If that would not be a problem, I highly recommend this job.
Pros
Free foods, surrounded by good people, friendly staff
Cons
Late hours, long hours, far from home
At AG you can be expected to work long hours on your feet without breaks. You do however get fed by the food left over events as well as "staff cafe" service. You can be expected to work for 8 hrs straight serving guests, clearing tables and setting buffets without break or reprieve. As a staff member you will receive benefits of use of the golf club and other staff discounts only at Angus Glen. However, there is a lack of communication between servers and directors as many claims and issues of safety and breaks are not maintain as mandated.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits of golfing
Cons
long hours, no breaks
Friendly coworkers but you will end up spending most of your time here. You will find that you have no work / life balance.
Pros
Free lunch, good golf prices, freedly co-workers
Cons
Long hours, can be very inefficent