Angus Glen Golf Club Employee Reviews

Overall ok place to work if you are in high school
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 November 2018
Overall Angus Glen golf club as a place to work is a 5/10
It lacks good management
Long and irregular hours
High amount of labour is required
Constantly under or over staffed
No work/life balance
Low pay

Management seriously needs to look at what they are doing as there is an extremely high turnover rate.

It's a good place to work if you are in high school in the surrounding area as you get to meet you friends while you work. Otherwise if you are travelling from far or need to advance your career then you should do so as quickly as possible.
Pros
Free food, fun staff, manager is empathetic
Cons
Long and irregular hours, mismanaged, and low pay
A Fun Grind Through The Season
Event Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON5 October 2018
I've worked at AG since February 2018, beginning as a Banquet Captain and moving up to Event Supervisor at the beginning of May.

The busy season is an absolute grind, especially in June and September, but there's a welcoming and enjoyable workplace atmosphere that makes the hours go by more easily. Also, with how much work you're doing, you will learn so, so much in just a few months.

Only downside is the weirdness of the hours. Be prepared for absurdly early mornings and ungodly late nights when it's busy or for particular event types. Work-life balance is challenging in June and September, but it's otherwise manageable. Also, it's worth mentioning that there is very little work for mid-October to late November and between January and March.
Great work enviornment
Golf Course Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON2 July 2018
The management is very focused on everyones safety and health. They are always lending a hand and train very well before letting you work on a machine you may not be comfortable with. Great co-workers and fun place to work. Plus you are outside working during the summer months which is always a plus if you enjoy the outdoors.
Pros
staff luches/events
Cons
working in the rain somedays
Good people, long hours
Senior Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 April 2018
The people are great to work with, but the hours are long and irregular, morale isn't always the highest. However there are paid breaks and usually free food.
Amazing experience.
Customer Service, Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 November 2017
Worked as a banquet server, worked weddings, company dinners and so many different events. Great learning experience, warm environment. Would definitely recommend this company not only to host events, but for employment.
A great work place
Greet and assist guests (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 September 2017
This job has been a great experience for me and I am very grateful for being given the position. Working at Angus Glen has been fun and at the same time hard work, due to the high demand of work. For example we had to work a really big tournament for Shoppers Drug Mart and I have worked a 16 hour shift. Although there is sometimes high demand of work it is still a great place to work because of the people I work with and the overall work environment.
Pros
Descent pay
Basketball
Prep Chef/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2017
• Experience working independently and as a team player; Excellent problem solver
• Ability to coordinate tasks and ensuring workload is evenly distributed & completed on time
great team environment
Sales Manager, Special Events and Weddings (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 June 2017
Angus Glen is a great company to work for with an inclusive team environment.

I have learned how to run an event from sale, coordination, execution and accounting. It has given me the opportunity to gain confidence, strength and my ability to succeed in a sales management position,
Fun workplace with late hours.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 November 2016
Working at Angus Glen Golf Club was a pleasant experience. I was surrounded by great staff and it was a consistently fun work environment. The reason I no longer work there is because it was quite far from my house, and because of that as well as me not having my drivers license, the long and late hours were very difficult to maintain. If that would not be a problem, I highly recommend this job.
Pros
Free foods, surrounded by good people, friendly staff
Cons
Late hours, long hours, far from home
Good amount of hours, however lack of breaks pr/hours.
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Angus Glen Club House10 August 2015
At AG you can be expected to work long hours on your feet without breaks. You do however get fed by the food left over events as well as "staff cafe" service. You can be expected to work for 8 hrs straight serving guests, clearing tables and setting buffets without break or reprieve. As a staff member you will receive benefits of use of the golf club and other staff discounts only at Angus Glen. However, there is a lack of communication between servers and directors as many claims and issues of safety and breaks are not maintain as mandated.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits of golfing
Cons
long hours, no breaks
It's a job
Beverage Runner/ Bartender - Events (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON24 September 2013
Friendly coworkers but you will end up spending most of your time here. You will find that you have no work / life balance.
Pros
Free lunch, good golf prices, freedly co-workers
Cons
Long hours, can be very inefficent