Angus Consulting Management Limited

Angus Consulting Management Limited Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
great working on site. direct manager is great, reasonable and considerate.
some upper management decisions are unfair and bias.

Team environments are great
Coaching, encouragement, communication and support is helping our team. It is a stressful location with the timelines but it is getting better!! The benefits are the best around.
ISO certified , so endless reporting. Constant problems with paychecks not paying the proper OT or standby pay amounts. Poorly managed, cant get the T4's out till the last day possible.The director of operations is a piece of work ACML was not a good place for me.
They have a very poor service nothing is up to date no tools to work with micro management and pocket meetings everyday very inexperienced abusive stf
Great fellow employees, but management are not experienced enough. Don't care about their employees, only care about the money. They will work you to death, and not care about harm to you. This company only cares how they look to the customer.
I love technical and on-hand job. I prefer to work on site to learn more of the systems and gain improvement and knowledge for my future.
Working with other team mates makes our work easily and coordinated.

Custumer satisfaction is ou first concern.
It was a convenient location to work but very stressful..Management was sub par. Was not a relaxed place to work as it always seemed management was peeking around corners looking to catch someone at something...If something went wrong they were quick to discipline..I would not readily recommend them to any one looking for a job...
People you work with are great. Unlimited sick days and crazy schedule. 37.5 hour work week averaged out. Lots to learn but coworkers are very helpful. Management is very cheap and will try to save a dollar anyway possible.
The management expects far more results than the amount of time, equipment and employees you have. When a long term employee complains about having to do the job they are hired for, the management takes the side of employee over supervisor
Great pay and environment and very extensive training from entry level to advanced. Strong believer in succession and internal promotions for growth.
ACML is a slow-growing company that prides itself on promoting false hopes for potential clients. ACML has an extremely low employee retention rate as the pay is very low, operation managers harass their employees by over-assigning tasks and reducing staffing thereby causing unnecessary stress and health risks. Over my term with the company, ACML has had to hire poorly educated and inexperienced operation staff at all levels and fake their resumes to clients. I would encourage clients and even the Ministry of Labour to thoroughly examine ACML's work practices.
Pros
Annual performance reviews, health/medical benefits, paid education
Cons
Overworking employees, uneducated new hires, false details given to clients
Company is focused on saving money at all costs. No big picture thinking. Huge employee turn around because of management policies. Treat employees like garbage. Management lies to its employees constantly. Stay away people!
Pros
Great group of operators.
Cons
Shift work and weekend work. Poor management out of touch with the needs of its employees.
Good place to work with opportunity for advancement.
My co-workers are great to work with. Very helpful and with good team work. Everybody is understanding and fun to work with. In this job, I developed my self confidence.

Pros
Company culture, very family, Room for growth - high achievers and people, who want to grow are noticed and given a chance.
Great Employer with growth opportunities and company policies and working environments. Very happy with all my experiences to date while working with ACML.
ACML encourages learning of facilities and from other institutions. For new employees, the training process is very informal and weak even though a formal process has been implemented at other facility within ACML. Operation staff feel that their voices are not being heard and with lower pay that ACML competition, staff are always on the look out for other job opportunities. ACML has a medium to high turnover of employees. ACML facilities are a great for new employees but for personal success, it is better to receive the basic training from ACML sites and then apply it and advance for another facility company.
Pros
Job security, defined pension plan, adequate benefit package
Cons
Poor training process, low salaries, management has a vision but is not able to effectively communicate it to employees
well organized company with strong core values. Good pay and staff. Shift work not great and a tough schedule to work. Overall a good company to work.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Schedule
ACML ,I would, say has always been systematic in their own designed way in proper coordination of what the clients desired as well. In all aspects , ACML would ensure that everything is all logical and balance.

Typical day work is always busy with few breaks including coffee talk with the leader or Supervisor; Learning day to day interactions among the group members specially with our hands-on Supervisors.

Basically, the hardest part of the job is the starting four weeks when you get relocated to a new site. And the most enjoyable part ,aside from the benefits, is working with people that considered you as family member, not always after the business aspect or perspective of the job.
Pros
Learning alot, Free coffee sometimes, free dinner in Christmas time, Bonuses
Cons
grave hour shifts by yourself in big site
Management use to be okay but since they made somes fews changes, things are not going well the way it use to be.
Doing my duties as usual and i really like what i am doing.

Getting involve to operations and activities, learning more.
Pros
bring my own lunch
Cons
7.5 hours week days and 12 hours on week end
My work load is usually heavy as I am 1 supervisor helping maintain 4.5 Million square feet of property by myself in the evenings. During the day there are 3 Supervisors and multiple others on our management team that keep this location grounded.
Most of the coworkers are easy to work with and the location is great as well.

The hardest part of my job is being separated from my family as I work afternoons and my wife works weekends.

I LOVE my job!
Pros
Self Motivated
Cons
Afternoons
Angus Consulting Management Limited (ACML) have long experience in North America to provide services in facilities Operations and maintenance especially in critical facilities like Data centers, Hospitals, Commercial facilities, Central utility plants and Public private partnership projects. They have diversified mentality and always maintains good atmosphere at workplace.