Anglophone East School District Employee Reviews

Wonderful leadership and people.
Teacher, vice-principal, principal (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB16 August 2018
I am very pleased with my 33-year career with AESD. The district leadership team has a clear vision in moving the district forward and has been supportive of me in my roles.
Pros
Great colleagues to work with.
A lot of travel
Graduate Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 April 2018
Working within the district was great, and there was a lot of opportunity to work with children at varying skill levels, but there is the possibility of a lot of travel as part of the job.
Detail oriented job requiring attention to detail, good inter personal skills.
Custodian Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 May 2017
I worked my way up to supervisor, dealing with Facilities Management, School Administration, Public, Co-Workers. I was in charge of the school facilities, all building systems, building safety and compliance with both School and Fire Marshall regulation.

My Leadership role was that of cleaning staff supervisor. In charge of facilities, employees and grounds. Responsible to maintain production, stock of supplies, equipment and general public safety. For a time I served as Union Local vice President which duties included Union and Labour Management monthly meetings.

Was also in charge of School District Gardening and Maintenance Crew. Running District van, hauling equipment trailer with 2-3 lawn tractors, weed wackers, fuel, tools and safety equipment. I was in charge of a crew of 3-4 people. Operated under extreme conditions, confined public areas. Operations consisted of district wide school maintenance of 30 + schools.

Coordinating summer cleaning operations in summer to ready schools for fall was a challenge. Hot internal temperatures, with a limited time line, dealing with employee shortages as all employees took vacation during summer cleaning, while getting the school finished was both difficult and challenging, but a great team-building opportunity.

Out of the box thinking, problem solving, organisational skills and inter personal skills as a supervisor were crucial. As difficult as the job could be, I excelled at it and managed to build a great team where we met all standards and surpassed them as well.
Pros
Job stability, good wages, excellent benefits
Cons
Physical demands taking a toll on my body over time.
Great environment
School Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 June 2016
Great training, good job security and co workers are friendly and great to get along with. the job is rewarding getting to help students and build long term relationship with employees
The best job in the world!
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Hillsbourough, N.B.15 July 2015
Working with children is a big highlight for me. I have had the pleasure of doing so since 1992, fourteen of these as a custodian and the past 8 as a school bus driver. My employer has invested a lot of training in me over the years and I have benefited from this. My co-workers have given me a lot of tips and encouragement to make this job the most enjoyable one I have ever had.
Pros
Storm Days
Cons
Storm Days