Anchor Bar Employee Review

fun place to work, but wrinkles need fixing
Server (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 November 2018
Anchor Bar was super fun when it first started, it was crazy busy and all staff had equal opportunities for shifts. For some reason business really slowed down and now they keep canceling staff's shifts. It is really annoying to have to go into work and then be told you're not needed, call the employee prior to their shift if it's not busy!

I remember when I first started the manager would expo, the occasional time she would pick food off the plates right before we took it out. When staff would do the same she was not impressed but as a manager you need to understand; staff watch you, you have to be a good example - you're the leader of the team!!
Pros
Cool restaurant vibe
Cons
Ill Trained Supervisors, Handicap button on door is only for show (doesn't work!), Management has very unprofessional conversations in front of staff

Other Anchor Bar Employee Reviews

fast paced
Manager/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2019
this is a fast paces, events venue bar/restaurant. I have learned a lot working here about time efficiency, and how to multi task. Management is easy to work with
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Hamilton8 January 2019
I work in the Hamilton location and it's amazing. Great staff all around! The GM is a great man and treats his employees with respect and is very understanding. He's always trying to make things better. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Free lunch for cooks, great general manager, work/Life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anchor Bar. Our community is ready to answer.