Anchor Bar Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

3.1Pay & Benefits
3.1Job Security & Advancement
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Hamilton8 January 2019
I work in the Hamilton location and it's amazing. Great staff all around! The GM is a great man and treats his employees with respect and is very understanding. He's always trying to make things better. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Free lunch for cooks, great general manager, work/Life balance
Only work at the one in Hamilton
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 August 2017
I use to work there when it was filled with managers and staff doing drugs. The previous owner ran the place into the absolute ground, claims to be a fantastic boss and "chef" but is literally probably one of the worst people I have met, he has since opened two other locations and I suggest avoiding them. Now that they have totally changed management and got new staff I have heard that it has totally flipped. The new GM is fantastic I worked with him for a couple months. He is extremely knowledgable and wonderful to work for, treats his staff properly.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Low pay, no appreciation
Fast paced busy environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 December 2016
Anchor Bar is the hotspot for pregame and pre concert food and drinks. I have definitely learned great customer and organization skills from working there. We have a great team so that helps with keeping the restaurant running smoothly.