Anchor Bar Employee Reviews

fast paced
Manager/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2019
this is a fast paces, events venue bar/restaurant. I have learned a lot working here about time efficiency, and how to multi task. Management is easy to work with
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Hamilton8 January 2019
I work in the Hamilton location and it's amazing. Great staff all around! The GM is a great man and treats his employees with respect and is very understanding. He's always trying to make things better. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Free lunch for cooks, great general manager, work/Life balance
bartender
Supervisor/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 November 2018
Its okay, its a struggle because the place is just opening would explain more in person. But they don't care to get to know their staff or their problems.
Pros
hours
Cons
tip out
Anchor Bar
Hostess, Expo (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 October 2018
Fun experience, you meet a lot of multi-cultural people that you learn and teach a lot too. Getting to try new foods is the best thing about working at Anchor bar. The job is very easy unless its very busy and the kitchen is under staffed. The place might get a little hectic but that's something to expect when working in a restaurant, Working at Anchor Bar was a great experience and the management team was amazing people and very understanding with your at home life situations.
Pros
half price on lunches, done work early you get to leave early
Cons
short breaks, under staff
Great staff, cheap owner.
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 May 2018
My experience working at Anchor Bar was pleasant all around, the only drawback is the owner is cheap as far as salaries and tip-outs are concerned. Also the employee discounts that come with the job are insulting.
fast paced, simple enviorment.
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  burlington, ontario9 March 2018
working in restaurants is a fast paced, quick learning adventure that you learn to master, but restaurant work isn't my preferred choice nor do I consider having a career in it.
Bad place to work at and bad company to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON17 January 2018
The CEO of Anchorbar does not give one cent about his employees and only cares about the money. He believes servers are beneath even dishwashers! They have no structure, no care, no organization and most of upper management are pretty incompetent. The employees are the ones that suffer with such poor management.
Pros
Free lunch of you’re a manager, sometimes good pay
Cons
No benefits, 15% off staff meals, no compensations or incentives for hard work
Only work at the one in Hamilton
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 August 2017
I use to work there when it was filled with managers and staff doing drugs. The previous owner ran the place into the absolute ground, claims to be a fantastic boss and "chef" but is literally probably one of the worst people I have met, he has since opened two other locations and I suggest avoiding them. Now that they have totally changed management and got new staff I have heard that it has totally flipped. The new GM is fantastic I worked with him for a couple months. He is extremely knowledgable and wonderful to work for, treats his staff properly.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Low pay, no appreciation
Good Place to work
Bartender / bar manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2017
Good working environment.
Learned skills to work in a fast paced environment with minimal or no supervision
Managed the flow of customers that was entering the restaurant was the hard part of the job, but learned to manage the skills
Fast paced busy environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 December 2016
Anchor Bar is the hotspot for pregame and pre concert food and drinks. I have definitely learned great customer and organization skills from working there. We have a great team so that helps with keeping the restaurant running smoothly.