Anastasia Beverly Hills Employee Reviews

Horrible
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA3 April 2018
As of today 4/202/18, we have not been paid out a bonus from 6/2017 or 12/2017. There are no annual raises. Sales figures are given weeks after they've happened, no way to gauge where you are on a daily or weekly basis (sometimes even monthly) You basically work in the dark. On the West team, you are micromanaged in the most unnecessary ways. The upper management has more of a "boss" than a "leader" mentality. Which is funny because they try to teach us to be leaders when the example is definitely not. There is a blatant favoritism to former MAC employees. You cannot speak freely, there is no living "open door" policy because if you speak up or talk to a coworker about an issue, you are scolded like a child. For being a woman-owned company that employs mostly women, there are no maternity benefits at all. The vacation time is minimal. The company used to be super diverse but not anymore!
Any review written by a "freelance artist", "hourly" or Esthetician employees on here do not work for Anastasia. They are employees of Coworx or Nordstrom and have no idea what it's like to work directly for ABH. If they have a good experience, it's because the Account Executive has given them a good experience.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Micromanaged
An example of a start-up not understanding how to get to the next level.
Director -Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA6 February 2018
The major issue with Anastasia Beverly Hills is that it an inefficient and illogical company. This stems directly from the CEO and President of the Company.
fun to work
Brand representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NY5 November 2017
Easy brand, sells itself, if your good at sales, up selling is fun. I enjoy selling this makeup, its beautiful. I enjoy educating clients how to use our products
Pros
freelance
Cons
hrly pay could be higher since there is no commission
No work life balance
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York State25 October 2017
They play favorites at this company and have no sense of urgency. Great discount and free makeup! There is no work life balance and you are expected to work so many hours, even on your days off
Challenging and fun workplace
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi25 July 2017
Work is manageable and fun because it allows me to interact to people everyday. You feel your productive when u know that u gave enough information with the customers by helping them exactly what they need. The management is helping me you to grow by attending seminars and training.The hardest part only for me is when i know that i didnt achieve my target in a day. Most enjoyable part of the job is it will allow you to meet different kinds of people and you can grow and explore your knowledge and skills.
Pros
personal grooming allowance
company lacks internal structure
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY24 July 2017
Positions within company are too far stretched and you will be responsible for way more than your job title entails. Goals are easy to meet, artistry training and education is phenomonal however corporate structure is lacking. Policies change frequently and overall growth potential difficult. I absolutely love my job with ABH but the work life balance is too much and the pay is TOO LITTLE.
Pros
artistry training
Cons
too much travel, too little pay, minor management.
productive, interactive, fun
Customer service (Former Employee) –  LA29 March 2017
a typical day is seeing new faces and meeting new people and the management was amazing and very supportive and encouraging. The hardest part of the job was having to be laughing, walking and happy for hours straight with very small breaks but over all I loved it. The most enjoyable part of the job is making ladies feel beautiful by applying make up and teaching them different techniques to help them understand the product. I Loved it.
Pros
Playing with make up and laughing and talking with diferent people.
Cons
short short breaks
Terrible Environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA22 October 2016
Been here for half a year and the president doesn't know what she's doing, this company constantly is firing people and the management doesn't know what to do. Trust me going in here is like death!
Pros
free new products
Cons
everything
Employees/Peers
Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MD24 February 2016
Employees and Peers are great to work with. Were all very goal oriented and work very well as a team. We share great ideas and respect one another. Corporately the company need to iron out a lot kinks.
Professional Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MD22 February 2016
Corporately, The company have a lot of kinks to iron out. The employees are juggled around a lot. The co-workers are fun to be around.
Pros
Cons
No Gratis, No Benefits, No Gas/Mileage
It was ok
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 January 2016
The pay was good but the hours were very uncertain. It was a good job to work with cosmetics but back when I worked for Anastasia the brand was pretty unknown and it was hard to make sales goals.
Pros
good pay, good gratis
Cons
high stress
productive and fun work place
ESTHETICIAN MANGER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL5 November 2014
I love this job , but it can be stressful. Very demanding clients.
Cons
very busy at times, hard to get vacation in.
fun place with lots of color
Purchasing Manager/Inventory Planner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles1 April 2013
Fun place but always busy making sure all deadlines were met on time..
Pros
free makeup
Cons
no breaks